PDA

View Full Version : What is "concierge" at DL hotels?

bduff
02-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Rookie question here . . .

I've seen that Disney hotels such as the GCH have concierge level rooms with extra ammenities. What exactly does that mean? Are you on a separate floor if you get concierge, and everyone else on that floor is concierge as well? Or are you in a standard room, but just get extra services? How much extra do you pay for concierge?

tod
02-19-2004, 03:11 PM
This (http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/concierge.htm) oughta help.

--T

bduff
02-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Yes, thanks, the info in that article helped. I also searched through some earlier threads that discussed "concierge," although that wasn't necessarily the focus of those threads.

What I think I've pieced together now is this:

1. The actual room you get at the GCH is either a standard room or a suite. A concierge standard room is essentially the same as any other standard room, although you may have a somewhat more desirable room location either in terms of distance from elevator, view, or both.

2. Reading between the lines, it appears that the CMs are instructed to lavish extra attention on concierge guests. What seems to be commented on the most in this regard is help with PS reservations and extra flourishes with the turn down service. However, I also get the impression that as a rule all CMs strive to go the extra mile to make ALL guests feel special, so a non-concierge guest may get much or all of this same treatment if they either get an especially capable CM and/or they are "pushy" enough to ask for it. True?

3. The concierge lounge appears to be far and away the biggest tangible perk you would get. The quality of the breakfasts here doesn't appear to be better than elsewhere, so it seems to be the convenience that guests appreciate most. The quality of the wine and snacks in the concierge lounge sound good but not great - although the opinions of posters on this score differs quite a bit. The "freebie" bottled water and beverages you can take from the lounge sound nice, but I understand any guest can get a refrigerator put in their room and could stock it on their own.

Am I understanding all this correctly? Overall, it appears that most posters felt that going concierge was worth it as a splurge, but they wouldn't pay the premium for it on every visit.

pisces
02-20-2004, 09:34 AM
I had thought Concierge was always more for families, ie babysitting etc.

I'm determined to stay at GC no matter what, but as a single traveler are there benefits to Concierge level that I may be overlooking?

1. For instance, at the GC: Can you feasibly take every meal in the GC Concierge lounge?, and never have to buy any food at all the whole trip? I am a very light eater, and so a big breakfeast and several substantial snacks throughout the day would do me. Do they allow you to take food out of the lounge and into the theme park with you? Can you take the food to your room, or must it be consumed in the Concierge lounge?

2. During the nighttime storytelling, is this only for children? Or, can adults, without children show up for the storytelling also?

3. If I signed up for GC Concierge level, does this also allow me to check out Disneyland Hotel's Concierge Lounge?, or am I confined only to GC?