PDA

View Full Version : Busy index

daley101
02-18-2004, 09:56 AM
I visited DCA yesterday and it was quite busy. Being a Tuesday, albeit one after a Monday holiday, I thought it would be pretty dead. We stayed a little while and went home early. 40 minute wait for Screamin.

It made me think, that they should post a "busy index" on the site. For example, 10 being sold out, and 1 being completely empty. This would deter AP's from coming when it was really busy, making their visits better (and possibly less frequent).
OR

Just put a web-cam(s) at the park so you could see for yourself how busy it may bet.

Loric
02-18-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by daley101
I visited DCA yesterday and it was quite busy. Being a Tuesday, albeit one after a Monday holiday, I thought it would be pretty dead. We stayed a little while and went home early. 40 minute wait for Screamin.

It made me think, that they should post a "busy index" on the site. For example, 10 being sold out, and 1 being completely empty. This would deter AP's from coming when it was really busy, making their visits better (and possibly less frequent).
OR

Just put a web-cam(s) at the park so you could see for yourself how busy it may bet.

That's kinda hard to do, things flux so much throughout the day - and reporting it would be a hard - Disney is the only one who could really do it.

As far as cams, there used to be cams at the FL parks that let you see the crowds, but I think the only one left operating is at the Dolphin hotel and all you can really see from it is the sun rising and setting on Spaceship Earth, rest obscured by trees.

Found a link: Dolphin Cam of Epcot (http://www.instacam.com/showcam.asp?id=LKBNV&size=S)

EDIT: since this is the DL forum, the picture you'll see is of the tops of the Boardwalk/Beach Club/Yacht Club hotel buildings, and then at the bottom left of the ball (Spaceship Earth) is the glass topped Land pavillion in the distance.