PDA

View Full Version : First trip

jdjd
02-18-2004, 09:38 AM
Hi, We will be at Disneyland March 23 and 24th.
Will it be crowded then? Any school vacations?
I will be with a 5 year old girl and 9 year old boy.
Any recommendations for great rides or attractions? I'd like to do a charater lunch as both will have just had their birthdays. Any recommendations. My sister will be with us and has a very bad back from skiing accident. She can't stand for very long and I think she said she has a medical disability. Can she use the wheel chairs? Do you need a special letter or something to use them? We are very excited. Thanks! JD:D

mrbugg
02-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Congrats on your first trip! It will be the best time you've ever had, I guarantee it :fez:

The only thing I can really advise you on is the birthdays and character lunches. My brother turned 10 during the 2 days we visited the park, and he got oodles of stuff. No matter where you go, make sure you tell the CMs that it's their birthdays.

I highly, highly, highly recommend doing the character breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. To celebrate their Bdays, a little cake will be made up that fits inside the lid of a giant Mickey mug. I'll take a pic of it later on in the day (I'm on lunch right now). As well, the CMs and characters in attendance will come out and sing- generally make it a big deal for your children. They'll also love the breakfast for the character interaction that occurs throughout. Each make a point of coming to every table and joking around with you and the family.

I can honestly say the food there was the absolute best food I've ever eaten. It's not only breakfast- anything goes. Our family ended up so full we didn't eat the rest of the day- so keep that in mind :D Both my bro and my sister (13), who usually ask for food all the time, were totally quiet about that the rest of the day.

I hope your sister becomes well enough to enjoy the trip! I know nothing on that end, however, but there are a ton of knowledgable posters on hand that do.

Have fun!

cmpeter
02-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Our school district isn't on holiday those days...I don't imagine any of the others around here are, but couldn't say for sure. I would think it would be an ideal time to go.

I second the Goofy's Kitchen suggestion...my kids love it! Ariel's Grotto is also nice, but you see more characters at Goofy's.

I have a three and a half year old and an 8 year old. Some of their favorite rides:

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (both)
Peter Pan (both)
Snow White (my daughter only...my 8 year old thinks it's boring, which it is. ) :-)
Toon Town Roller Coaster - name escapes me at the moment (both)
Pirates (both)
Splash Mountain (both)
Matterhorn (both)
Autotopia (both)
Star Tours (both)
Soarin (daughter, my 8 year old is getting bored with it, but he's been on it a lot)
Screamin' (8 year old, 3 year old isn't tall enough)
They both love the Bugs Land rides...I would think my 8 year old would look at them as being baby rides, but they are so cute, he still likes them. Although, neither of them like the It's Tough to be a Bug show...scares them both and they are pretty brave kids.

They both loved the Aladdin show and we will see Snow White next week.

bubblyone
02-20-2004, 09:17 AM
JD,
If your sister needs a wheelchair, you can rent one for $7.00 per day with a $20.00 deposit and a credit card. The rental is located inside the turnstiles to the right. Also, check with the Disney City Hall folks. With a special form from her doctor she may be eligible for a special assistance pass which would enable everyone in your group to use the fast pass lines for all rides.

Have fun!