PDA

View Full Version : Premium Annual Pass

rexfarms
10-10-2001, 02:49 PM
I know...I know, I have posted a few AP questions in the past. But this one is more important. I just got a thing from DL about my ap. Its said I get some discouts at DtD. I didnt know about this. Is there anything I should know about my AP? Like I get free parking in Mickey and Friends. Anything like that would be great. THANK YOU SO MUCH. These things will help a lot.

MickeyD
10-10-2001, 02:54 PM
I just found out about the discounts at DTD too. Is this a new thing? Or have they been availble since the beginning and I just didn't know?

cstephens
10-10-2001, 03:49 PM
The discounts at DTD are new, effective pretty much with the announcement you received. Previously, the only place where the discount would have worked was World of Disney.

I think the new discounts are great!

TinkR
10-10-2001, 10:01 PM
I haven't received any notification of new discounts on my AP. Is there a website that has these listed?? Dang, I was just down there last week. Would have been nice to know that I could have saved some money.

TinkR

coronamouseman
10-11-2001, 04:50 PM
Disney is absolutely the worst company in the world when it comes to discounts! Sometimes it seems like they are afraid to post any discounts for fear that someone will actually ask for that discount. Note that Disney, Knott's and Universal are almost all the same in this regard - even when they have programs for local residents or free kids tickets they don't put those offers up on signs at the admission booths - if day visitors don't read a local paper or don't ask, then they won't be told.

Disney does not publish concise information regarding either the Disney Club or AAA or any other discounts that might apply. I bought a Disney Club card when I took my family to WDW in April and the running joke of the trip was how every time I pulled out the DC card at one of the parks or hotels the cast member kind of laughed and said "SORRY". All of the CMs agreed that there was very little information on the program and support for it.
The only sure thing turned out to be park ticket discounts (they paid for the card and then some) and hotel discounts at WDW resorts - but to get the good hotel rates you needed to book
4-6 months in advance and we only decided on going a month
ahead.

The most recent AP newsletter did have a list of discounts - definitely a step in the right direction.

Also, at Universal the last time I was there they asked if I had a AAA card for which they gave a 10% discount on food and merchandise. But I have never had anyone at Disney ask if I had any card or passport for which a discount could be granted.

Interested to hear the experiences of others .......

Nigel2
10-11-2001, 10:13 PM
I always feel that these discount things are treated kind of like mail in rebates, sure they are there, but they make people put out minimal effort to get them, but still people don't send them in. Heck I got like 20 dollars back over repetive perchases of blank CDs since TDK was running a rebate for them for a very long time.

tjrj
10-12-2001, 06:15 AM
In the latest issue of the Disney Club newsletter there is a list of all the current discounts and coupon offers. It's nice finally having the information in one place. There's also coupon offers in the back of Birnbaum's 2001 guide for Disneyland-I'm assuming that the same would be true for the WDW one.

Thomas
10-12-2001, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by coronamouseman
Disney is absolutely the worst company in the world when it comes to discounts! Sometimes it seems like they are afraid to post any discounts for fear that someone will actually ask for that discount. Note that Disney, Knott's and Universal are almost all the same in this regard - even when they have programs for local residents or free kids tickets they don't put those offers up on signs at the admission booths - if day visitors don't read a local paper or don't ask, then they won't be told.

Regarding USH and the advertisement of their promotions for local residents and free kids. On their last promotion that just ended, USH had the signs right there on the ticket booths and at various locations around Citywalk. They were in desperate need of bodies and they got them.

Disney definitely does not advertise their promotions on the property.

KarenW2
10-12-2001, 07:42 AM
We got our newsletter and when I read the discount section, it says they're only good Monday thru Thursday only, except for Rainforest (M-F) and Lego (everyday).

I don't know about you, but the main time we go to the parks is on the weekend!

Dlandmom
10-12-2001, 08:51 AM
Just ask! I ask almost every time I purchase anything at Disneyland...for instance, did you know that your PAP works at Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland? One time, I went there just to get some drinks, and I asked the cashier if my Disney Club or PAP or AMEX allowed me any discounts...yes! And there was no minimum purchase required!

I don't think it ever hurts to ask...and you'll be surprised to find that LOTS of places give you a discount.

By the way, I learned to ask about AMEX too because a few years back, I ate at Plaza Inn, or was it the other one..., and when I opened my wallet to pay, the cashier told me that if I used my AMEX card (this was pre my PAP days), I could get a discount since I was eating between 2:00 and 4:30...now how obscure is that?!

Lani
10-12-2001, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Dlandmom
Just ask! I ask almost every time I purchase anything at Disneyland...for instance, did you know that your PAP works at Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland?I just found this out this past Sunday. I went to buy an order of nachos ($8), and the CM asked me if I had a Premium AP (I guess she decided to ask because I had my MousePlanet denim shirt on, and a name tag from MouseAdventure). I said, "I thought I had to spend at least $10" and she shook her head and gave me a discount anyway! Woo hoo! I got almost a buck off my nachos!

...which is all well and good, considering I had a special plate of no-meat nachos and they saved money on not serving me the meat stuff.

Nigel2
10-12-2001, 11:58 AM
I once got a little attitude from an older saleswoman in Adventureland since my cousin was buying a shirt and I was there with him so I used my pass so he could get a discount. Sure the heads probably don't apreciate this but the lady acted like she worked on commision. But I'm over it,