PDA

View Full Version : Separation of Block out calendars

Pages : [1] 2 3

Malcon10t
06-02-2018, 06:55 AM
Starting June of 2019, there are 2 block out calendars, one for DL and one for DCA. Deluxe passes are blocked out of DL starting June 21st. Guess we have an idea SW:GE will open late June.

AVP
06-02-2018, 07:16 AM
Full details:

https://www.mouseplanet.com/12117/Disneyland_introduces_parkspecific_annual_pass_blo ckout_calendars

AVP

AnotherJenny
06-02-2018, 07:53 AM
Please note, if you purchased and activated your Annual Passport prior to June 1, 2018, your Passport will not be affected until renewal, and you will still continue to have the same Park access based on the Passport type you currently hold.
This was in the email I got today. I wonder if I had renewed when my window opened last week it I'd be exempt for another year. Oh well.

olegc
06-02-2018, 11:30 AM
I would suspect a significant price increase to come in October to prevent upgrades like last time they had a big change. They don't want the Sig and Sign Plus ranks to swell too much.

And it occurred to me - today we know that the parks will be extremely crowded just before and just after a blockout periods for passes. Now that access to Disneyland will be more restricted I can imagine those days may be even more impacted. Plan accordingly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Malcon10t
06-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Block out dates don't really change until June 2019, they will apply to all on that date. If you renewed last week, the block out dates wouldn't have been announced and you would still be under the block out calendar.

AnotherJenny
06-02-2018, 11:41 AM
Block out dates don't really change until June 2019, they will apply to all on that date. If you renewed last week, the block out dates wouldn't have been announced and you would still be under the block out calendar.

I think that the keyword is activated. Even renewals don't technically activate until the day after the original expiration date.

But my pass is good a week into July, so it would have protentially be about 5 weeks.

Berry Princess
06-02-2018, 12:09 PM
I would suspect a significant price increase to come in October to prevent upgrades like last time they had a big change. They don't want the Sig and Sign Plus ranks to swell too much.

And it occurred to me - today we know that the parks will be extremely crowded just before and just after a blockout periods for passes. Now that access to Disneyland will be more restricted I can imagine those days may be even more impacted. Plan accordingly.

I am hoping it won't be until the beginning of next year but I have a feeling it could be around then as well. I can't imagine many will just jump up to highest and most expensive APs just to get in SW. I know we won't and as it is depending on what happens with the prices and if there is a jump in price before we have to renew in Dec, will be a deciding factor in if we renew at the time or not. I know I am ok with June being where Deluxe would be DCA all month a so many park hopper days. Yet I am curious what July/August and the rest of the year will be to see if its worth it or not.

Honestly I don't think this will have the impact Disney will hope on crowds trying to get into SW. There are plenty of APs that might end up on the blocked out list that will spend the money to go for the day to just get to see it. As well as toss in all the locals that don't have APS or are planning to travel to see it. At the end of the day really Disney just wants the money flowing. Which setting it up so an AP like Deluxe that usually can go all summer still has access to at least one park will at the very least help keep the money flowing over there...along with whatever other overflow might wind up there if they can't get into DL. It will be interesting to see though how the blocked days go for getting into DL for the APs for after SW opens.

MidwayManiac
06-02-2018, 03:05 PM
My deluxe passports purchase recently will be activated around Dec. 31 and active all of 2019.

The exact verbiage on them reads:

“Enjoy over 300 preselected days of admission to BOTH Disneyland Resort Theme Parks”

Granted it says “subject to restrictions and change without notice” which I guess gives them impunity to restrict access altogether. But c’mon.

If I buy deluxe passports (in good faith) that say “300 days to both parks” and on a whim Disney can lop off 75 (or who knows it may be less or more) isn’t that a pretty egregious breach of contract.???

Am I off base here?

GrumpyGoofyGuy
06-02-2018, 03:21 PM
My deluxe passports purchase recently will be activated around Dec. 31 and active all of 2019.

“Enjoy over 300 preselected days of admission to BOTH Disneyland Resort Theme Parks”

Granted it says “subject to restrictions and change without notice” which I guess gives them impunity to restrict access altogether. But c’mon.

If I buy deluxe passports (in good faith) that say “300 days to both parks” and on a whim Disney can lop off 75 (or who knows it may be less or more) isn’t that a pretty egregious breach of contract.???

Am I off base here?

Not sure, but I think there is fine print saying they can make changes at anytime. I do know your deluxe pass vouchers will be blocked off from December 21st through January 5th, so you won't be able to activate them any of those days. When is your activate by date?

MidwayManiac
06-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Not sure, but I think there is fine print saying they can make changes at anytime. I do know your deluxe pass vouchers will be blocked off from December 21st through January 5th, so you won't be able to activate them any of those days. When is your activate by date?

Activate by Dec. 31.

Far as I know you can activate any pass any day (even a blockout) and gain access to parks via a special activation day ticket.
We’ve done it before. Granted, that was about 5 years ago. Haven’t heard that the policy has changed.

Far as them changing the terms without notice, yes I get it. But what’s a reasonable # ? They sell me a pass good for 300 days and for the sake of arguments it’s now good for 200 ... let’s be reasonable those two numbers aren’t close.

MidwayManiac
06-02-2018, 03:47 PM
I'm not a big complainer and I'm not going to begin now, but let's be real.

This demonstrates remarkable negligence and lack of foresight on Disney's part ... it's not as if Star Wars Land as a concept just emerged yesterday. Throughout all of 2018 there shouldn't have been any Deluxe Annual Passes in circulation for purchase saying "300 preselected days of admission to BOTH parks" with an "activation by Dec. 31, 2018"

Problem solved with that one modification. Instead they trot out this policy one year before Star Wars opening when they've had, what, 4 or 5 years to think it through? It's a half a$$ effort from Disney. I expect more.

olegc
06-02-2018, 05:10 PM
since this is the "first step" in changing the Annual Pass program - besides more price increases I wonder if what they will do is bring back the single park annual pass. - Either only for DCA or maybe for both. You raise the price significantly on passes where you can hop - or you have an option to get a lower pass that has either just access to DCA, or maybe significantly more access to DCA and nothing to disneyland except maybe 30 days. Thats pretty much was the So Cal Select may be turning in to - but I wonder if more tiers are on the way. Your head could spin with all of the possible options.

Berry Princess
06-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Activate by Dec. 31.

Far as I know you can activate any pass any day (even a blockout) and gain access to parks via a special activation day ticket.
We’ve done it before. Granted, that was about 5 years ago. Haven’t heard that the policy has changed.

Far as them changing the terms without notice, yes I get it. But what’s a reasonable # ? They sell me a pass good for 300 days and for the sake of arguments it’s now good for 200 ... let’s be reasonable those two numbers aren’t close.

I get what you are saying. I do think they should have had this out in the open for what is going to go on next year in the way of blocked days. Especially when they have a 40 day time frame ahead of your end date to renew. So those with APs up in 40 days do not know what is going to happen in that time frame since its not on the calendar. And considering the cost of what Deluxe is and could be or any of the other APs, I think its something they need to just be upfront with now and not later when they will have a ton of upset APers that either purchase the pass of choice because of the amount of days it is claiming at the time of purchase but they change it and cut off a bunch on them without the warning before purchase.

Maybe you should give them a call and ask about it to see what they say. Of course they could say they are keeping the same amount of days for Deluxe but its just not as many days in DL but you still have the 300 free and clear to DCA. IF that is the case will it be worth it at the price it is or could become, will be the question?

MidwayManiac
06-02-2018, 07:08 PM
Maybe you should give them a call and ask about it to see what they say. Of course they could say they are keeping the same amount of days for Deluxe but its just not as many days in DL but you still have the 300 free and clear to DCA. IF that is the case will it be worth it at the price it is or could become, will be the question?

My deluxe passes were purchased (not on a payment plan) in February on the day of the most recent price increase. I have no recourse for a refund now even IF I determine it’s not worth it.

Would I have made the purchase knowing what I know now? Maybe. Maybe not. At least I could’ve made an informed decision though.

I now have Deluxe passes whose terms are considerably different that at the point of sale and will be 7 of the 12 months active. Nice bait and switch Disney.

Berry Princess
06-02-2018, 07:21 PM
My deluxe passes were purchased (not on a payment plan) in February on the day of the most recent price increase. I have no recourse for a refund now even IF I determine it’s not worth it.

Would I have made the purchase knowing what I know now? Maybe. Maybe not. At least I could’ve made an informed decision though.

I now have Deluxe passes whose terms are considerably different that at the point of sale and will be 7 of the 12 months active. Nice bait and switch Disney.

That is why I am saying to call and talk someone about it. Not to get money back on it per say but to basically put it to them how crappy this is to do when you had made this purchase and it says you have the 300 days purchased but now you are left in limbo on that year holds on black outs. I think it is a cruddy way to handle things but Disney doesn't seem to handle certain things well at all, does it? I think anyone in the position that has this purchased already and is left in limbo or the option at this point to renew without knowing what the calendar will look like for their full year needs to be questioning Disney now about it. They need to know this way of doing it is not ok. Otherwise they could end up with a lot more complaints after the fact of purchase and then what?

Malcon10t
06-02-2018, 07:22 PM

Am I off base here?I'm curious when you purchased, because the wording changed in Feb to avoid the number of days.

Does it say anywhere on there "Subject to change without notice"? (Never mind, I see you said it does.) I am fairly sure since you have one that specifically says "300 days" you could get these refunded if it changed enough you no longer wanted this pass.

candles71
06-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Is this why there is a huge ticket booth line at 9 o'clock at night? (After a 6 hour flight delay. 😐)

cstephens
06-02-2018, 10:50 PM

Why wouldn't you be able to get a refund? Granted, I don't think Disney normally does refunds on tickets and APs, but if you give them the position that the terms of the agreement have changed considerably, as you indicate above, I think it's a good case to argue, and I think Disney would likely eventually agree, if you continue to ask to escalate to a higher manager.

cstephens
06-02-2018, 10:54 PM
Oh, and I posted this on another thread, but it seemed to make sense to also post it here - I asked Disneyland via Twitter about AP discounts on blockout days, and they confirmed that on a blockout day when an annual passholder buys a regular ticket for admission, they are still eligible for AP discounts on food and merchandise.

AnotherJenny
06-03-2018, 04:54 AM
Oh, and I posted this on another thread, but it seemed to make sense to also post it here - I asked Disneyland via Twitter about AP discounts on blockout days, and they confirmed that on a blockout day when an annual passholder buys a regular ticket for admission, they are still eligible for AP discounts on food and merchandise.

For what it's worth, when I renewed last year in June I went from So Cal to Signature. They wouldn't give me my discount at Flo's (I had a block out day ticket). A lead came out and said when they've done it in the past they had to manually override, but that the ability to do so had been removed from the register.

Malcon10t
06-03-2018, 06:44 AM

I now have Deluxe passes whose terms are considerably different that at the point of sale and will be 7 of the 12 months active. Nice bait and switch Disney.Actually, I have seen Disney offer refunds in cases like this. Because it has changed dramatically since you purchased, I am 99% sure they will give you a refund because of the difference in what you bought and the current offer.

SoCalDisneyLover
06-03-2018, 01:29 PM
There had been a Mouse Planet update which said to expect an announcement about further Pass changes, approximately 400 days prior to the opening of Galaxy's Edge. Like the OP said, that looks a lot like the end of June based on changes to the Deluxe pass next June. If that's the case, I imagine Thursday July 4, 2019 is going to be something else.

olegc
06-03-2018, 02:55 PM
Or maybe June 7-8 2019? That could be opening weekend.

Malcon10t
06-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Or maybe June 7-8 2019? That could be opening weekend.

Sent from my XT1254 using TapatalkWhy are you thinking that weekend?

AVP
06-03-2018, 08:07 PM
There had been a Mouse Planet update which said to expect an announcement about further Pass changes, approximately 400 days prior to the opening of Galaxy's Edge. Like the OP said, that looks a lot like the end of June based on changes to the Deluxe pass next June. If that's the case, I imagine Thursday July 4, 2019 is going to be something else.

I think that's exactly what this was. I have *absolutely no* inside knowledge here, but based on what Disney just released, and given that they said "Summer 2019," I think we're looking at the weekend of June 21, 2019.

AVP