PDA

View Full Version : Parade of Stars-who is the lady with butterflies?

amismo
02-17-2004, 06:40 AM
I know all the other characters well - but this red head riding behind butterflies, surrounded by ballet dancers dressed as butterflies, has me mystified. Please let me know who she is... not one of the standard princesses obviously.

Thanks

cemeinke
02-17-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by amismo
... not one of the standard princesses obviously.

Well, she's more of a "modern standard". That would be Belle from Beauty and the Beast.:)

happyhaunts999
02-17-2004, 08:27 AM
I would have to disagree belle does not have red hair. I do not know who that is but if she has red hair its not belle.

Haldwitten
02-17-2004, 08:47 AM
Uhm... yes it is Belle. Pretty obvious. Especially with the big giant rose behind her.

You may also notice the girl in the big bubble is a mermaid... kind of like the one in that movie "The Little Mermaid." Oh, and the guy in the sorcerer's outfit with the big ears, I think he's supposed to be a Mouse, but I'm not sure.

Tee hee.

lisap
02-17-2004, 09:03 AM
The wig *is* pretty auburn (http://www.mouseplanet.com/images/parade/dud37.jpg)... she must have gotten a rinse. ;)

amismo
02-17-2004, 09:35 AM
OK OK - so I didn't see the part in Beaty and the Beast with the butterflies - and didn't see the red rose behind her (the butterflies blinded me).

Sigh - I knew she would be someone I should know - I have failed my Disney freak license test. I do know the mermaid, the naked chest guy and big stuffed lion.

:p

Forbin
02-17-2004, 01:03 PM
See you should've used your Lifeline in Millionaire :p

Gandalf
02-17-2004, 04:45 PM
In the Parade of Stars are the face characters the same ones that pose for pics in the Parks or are they exclusive to the Parade?

Sonya in Boise
02-17-2004, 04:56 PM
They also are the character in the park. We have seen our favorite Aurora in the parade and the park on the same day and she is so wonderful she stood up on the float and waved to the girls. (sigh) LOVE THAT SLEEPING BEAUTY.

Sonya

masilly1
02-18-2004, 09:01 AM
I was told by one of the CM's in charge of taking AP photos that characters in the parade are hired JUST to be in the parade and that they are never the same as the characters walking around the park
Hmmmmmmmm...makes me wonder now that you said you saw one of the princesses in the parade
Maybe they changed their policy

happyhaunts999
02-18-2004, 09:16 AM
I know nothing of parade characters walking around, but we were at the park one day and we got our picture taken with cinderella she was very friendly we chatted for a while because it was not very busy. Then two or three hours latter we went to see ariel up at the grotto we waited in line and when we got up to her it was the same girl. She smiled at me and asked me how I enjoyed meeting cinderella she was very nice. It was kind of weird having the same girl play two face characters in the same day. Just thought I would pass that along.

Loric
02-18-2004, 09:49 AM
Belle is actually one of the few characters I like and don't mind running into...

But, that costume in that pic, and apaprently the parade, is hideous and disguises who she is. It's not any of her classic "looks" ya know?

But, the reason I like Belle so much is that one time, at WDW's Very Merry Christmas Party, I was walking down the side street of Mainstreet and literally walked into Belle decked out in her holiday best.

It wasn't an outfit you'd typically recognize Belle in, not the flowing gold dress or quaint blue ensemble - rather I think the outfit she wears when her and the Beast are in the snow for I think maybe a 5min scene. But it was stunning, and you could tell it was her.. and it was snowing too.

So here I am, hopping between mainstreet shops, trying to avoid the crowd, bundled up (chilly 50 degree FL weather) and it's snowing, and I walk into Belle all by herself - funny enough I think she was reading a book and not paying attention to where she was going and that's why we ran into each other.

DisneylandBoy
02-18-2004, 06:00 PM
The Parade Princesses are in Parades. The princesses in the park are in Characters. Sometimes if the parades get stuck without a princess, they will pull one of the Character side girls who are on stand-by that day to go do the parade. But parade princesses are never pulled to character side. However, recently they have been cutting back on parade performers, and many of the characters on the floats (princesses, mickey, minnie, etc) are from character side. It has pissed many parade performers off because they are loosing work . . . I know I just went wayyyyy too into detail, so sorry. But to summarize, the parade princesses are different people than the character side princesses.

snowsbeau
02-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by masilly1
I was told by one of the CM's in charge of taking AP photos that characters in the parade are hired JUST to be in the parade and that they are never the same as the characters walking around the park
Hmmmmmmmm...makes me wonder now that you said you saw one of the princesses in the parade
Maybe they changed their policy

I am a great fan of the princesses and know most of those beautiful ladies. The same face characters that are found walking around the park have also been used in the parades. Although it is not that often. I saw My favorite Belle as Aurora a couple of weeks ago in POTS. :)

Princess Aurora
03-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Okay, so there seems to be some confusion abot princesses in the park vs. parade princesses. Well, since I know all about that I will fill ya in. That parade princesses are only hired for parades and are NEVER used in the park unless they audition to do so, because they are not properly trained. Princesses in the park are VERY RARELY used in a parade because they have stand-by's in parades that can fill the spots. HOWEVER there are 2 or three park princesses that do parades on a semi regular basis.

Now about the princesses who looked ezactly alike.....A princess will not be 2 different characters in on day. However the possibality of twins working on the same day is a very strong possibality. Actually it happens all the time.