PDA

View Full Version : Pirates reopening

buffy24
05-22-2018, 12:27 PM
What are the odds that Pirates may have a soft opening the day before they are scheduled to reopen? My son is scheduled to be there with some friends from Norway and they really want to see Pirates, however, I see that Disneyland is open two hours less on Friday, then it is on Thursday. I'm not sure why that is. So is two less hours in the park really worth 1 ride, even if it is Pirates? I'd love some opinions. Thanks!

indiejones33
05-22-2018, 12:38 PM
I think Disneyland is closing at 11 because there is a Grad Night event that evening. There is no Grad Night in the 7th however.

I don’t think there will be a soft opening for Pirates before the official announcement date. Disney usually sticks to the dates given. Who knows maybe they’ll charge $299 for a special private “preview” event, lol.

Berry Princess
05-22-2018, 04:09 PM
I think Disneyland is closing at 11 because there is a Grad Night event that evening. There is no Grad Night in the 7th however.

I don’t think there will be a soft opening for Pirates before the official announcement date. Disney usually sticks to the dates given. Who knows maybe they’ll charge $299 for a special private “preview” event, lol.

Grad Nights are in DCA so it would only effect DCA's closing hours and not Disneyland's opening/closing hours. Not sure on why they open an hour later and close an hour earlier on Friday.

As for Pirates doing a soft opening, I wouldn't go just for the hopes of that happening if that is what they are going to do. I think we can just speculate they might do it or might not. Yet 2 less hours in the parks isn't that bad. If they are there from opening until closing they would get in a very long day of time in the park. If they are really going for Pirates are they able at all to go after it reopens instead so they can ride it? Either way they do things I do hope they have fun!