PDA

View Full Version : New menu at Flo's

Pages : [1] 2

olegc
05-16-2018, 03:51 PM
I'm sad - they've really gone away from the unique aspects of food items here and went to standard fare pretty much available anywhere. Sure maybe an ingredient or two is different - but the base items of burger, sandwich, salad, chicken are found in multiple places in the parks already. Reminds me of when River Belle went to a sandwich/salad menu out of the blue. It makes me thing that Resort food management is strictly looking at costs of goods and trying to minimize uniqueness to streamline and save money for "american" fare. I hope we don't see any more of this (though I cant see how you can change places like Cafe Orleans, French Market, and Rancho del Zocalo into generic locales).

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/05/starting-today-fuel-up-your-tank-with-this-new-menu-at-flos-v8-cafe-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

cstephens
05-16-2018, 06:38 PM
I liked the turkey dip there but I'm looking forward to trying a few of the new things on the menu.

Niwel
05-16-2018, 06:47 PM
I always found it strange you couldn't get a burger there.

olegc
05-16-2018, 09:13 PM
Ok - but the burger patties in the parks are not very good. Seem frozen to me and dry.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

candles71
05-17-2018, 08:49 AM
Honestly, we have never eaten at Flo's, the menu didn't appeal. Partly because I have a picky husband, and son, and a lot of the items I liked seemed too heavy for enjoyment in the heat.
Minus the burger, the are a few things on this menu that appeal to me and Whistler would eat the burger. I have a feeling those Blue Plate specials may be some of the former menu items rotating in.

jmorgan
05-17-2018, 09:09 AM
I do not know how to break the news to my daughter that there is no more ribs. That was her favorite meal at the resort and now it is gone. I do not know any other place that has ribs (other than few table service places), however I know a lot a places that serve burgers, and a club sandwiches. And now Flos has what every other place has. I was also a big fan of the turkey dip, but that sadly is also gone. They do have fried chicken, however that for me is a Plaza thing. It sucks that Disney introduces unique food items and then eventually replaces them with the same old burger/sandwich items.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
05-17-2018, 12:43 PM
They took my ribs away again?! :crying: First Taste Pilots, and now Flo's.

Shortpix77
05-17-2018, 01:59 PM
Honestly, we have never eaten at Flo's, the menu didn't appeal. Partly because I have a picky husband, and son, and a lot of the items I liked seemed too heavy for enjoyment in the heat.
Minus the burger, the are a few things on this menu that appeal to me and Whistler would eat the burger. I have a feeling those Blue Plate specials may be some of the former menu items rotating in.

This is exactly us. "Comfort food"/heavy food has never appealed to me, so I'm excited to actually eat there. I want to try the BLT/turkey sandwich and the Cobb salad. Neither of those things are groundbreaking, but they're also not available anywhere else in the park.

My favorite salad (at the Greek place) is currently MIA. Hope the Greek food returns soon...

ChipmunkStar
05-17-2018, 07:02 PM
Swung by today and tried the pot pie. It was actually a pretty tasty dish with a little kick of spice to it! The crust was flaky but not particularly a distinct flavor. The fruit on the side was very juicy and good as well. Definitely worth the $10.99 price tag. My friends had the fried chicken and it's pretty similar (if not the same) to Plaza Inn's. One friend's dark meat pieces were very tasty, but the breast piece was unfortunately very dry. The garlic mashed potatoes were really good though!

candles71
05-17-2018, 08:50 PM
There is a Cobb salad at Plaza Inn.

tea4two
05-17-2018, 10:03 PM

I heard that the PI Cobb was changed to a different salad, so this salad at Flo's may be its replacement. Not sure what the new salad at PI is now.

cstephens
05-17-2018, 11:22 PM

There used to be a Cobb salad at Plaza Inn, and I'm sad to say they changed it some time ago. I'm not a fan of the new salad.

cstephens
05-17-2018, 11:24 PM
My favorite salad (at the Greek place) is currently MIA. Hope the Greek food returns soon...

My husband has the same complaint since that's the location they use for many themed events, which means the regular menu is only available a couple months out of the year at this point.

candles71
05-18-2018, 08:32 AM
There used to be a Cobb salad at Plaza Inn, and I'm sad to say they changed it some time ago. I'm not a fan of the new salad.
:( I missed that. Thanks

cstephens
05-18-2018, 11:09 AM
:( I missed that. Thanks

Found my tweet about it from last November. (https://twitter.com/cstephens2/status/929214893416366080) I'm not sure that it's the same now as I don't even bother to look any more. I'll make it a point to go look next time I'm there.

It appears that I didn't post about it here. Odd. You know how much I talk about food...

candles71
05-18-2018, 03:19 PM
. You know how much I talk about food...

Yes, yes I do. :)

Malcon10t
05-19-2018, 10:06 AM
It appears that I didn't post about it here. Odd. You know how much I talk about food...You?????

olegc
05-20-2018, 04:49 AM
As someone else pointed out - blue plate specials would bring back previous menu items.
Example - ribs, mashed, veggies

https://t.co/ygkGp3yba1 https://t.co/dzqW04mwT4

Berry Princess
05-21-2018, 12:05 PM
Ok - but the burger patties in the parks are not very good. Seem frozen to me and dry.

Yea I don't eat burgers in theme parks. They are just nasty to me. I know some people (husband and sons) have no issues with those kind of burgers but my taste buds say YUCK!

We are picky here too for the most part so nothing really jumped out there in the past. Now I do want to try the turkey sandwich (minus the tomato).

I was thinking that they were doing the blue plates as former menu items so as not to upset some that might prefer that menu.

AnotherJenny
05-23-2018, 06:29 AM
Swung by today and tried the pot pie. It was actually a pretty tasty dish with a little kick of spice to it! The crust was flaky but not particularly a distinct flavor. The fruit on the side was very juicy and good as well. Definitely worth the $10.99 price tag. My friends had the fried chicken and it's pretty similar (if not the same) to Plaza Inn's. One friend's dark meat pieces were very tasty, but the breast piece was unfortunately very dry. The garlic mashed potatoes were really good though!

Was the pot pie vegetarian? While I absolutely hated the veggie tater bake, if this is yet another park location that is going to go the route of "off menu veggie burger" I'll just pass and eat outside the parks.

A Shellie Day
05-23-2018, 11:08 AM
The pot pie is vegetarian. My friend and I stopped in Monday for lunch, and we both got the pot pie, and both really liked it. MUCH better than the veggie tater bake. I think it’s actually one of my new favorites at the park.

cstephens
05-27-2018, 04:33 PM
We had lunch there yesterday. I had the fried chicken, which had different breading than the fried chicken at Plaza Inn. I enjoyed it, and I like Plaza Inn's version too. Others had the cobb salad and club sandwich and liked them. Here are pictures. (https://twitter.com/cstephens2/status/1000892174429339649)

jmorgan
06-24-2018, 08:12 PM
They still had the ribs (as a blue plate special) and made my daughter happy. I had the turkey blt and it was really good. In fact I went back a second time a few days later and had it again to only want it more. Steak fries were served super hot, I had to let them cool both times. One of the best meals I had this last trip.

Berry Princess
06-24-2018, 08:33 PM
I really need to get over there at some point soon and have the turkey blt. When I went last time with my son he wanted to eat in DL and it was a bit hot outside so I wasn't up for eating much that day. Yet its on my list of must eats in the parks.

BTW, if you go to the menu (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/flos-v8-cafe/menus/lunch-and-dinner/)for Flo's, it says the ribs are the Blue Plate Special. So those into the ribs should be very happy. So much for it not being on the list like they claimed originally. LOL

candles71
06-25-2018, 12:05 PM
We got the Turkey BLT and split it as we had an early PR for Blue Bayou Fantasmic. You can ask for it to go and they put it in a box. Everyone else had gone to Taste pilots so we carried ours over there. Oh, and Whistler ordered the kids chicken strips meal and said they were good.