PDA

View Full Version : Park Opening Times

THE REF
02-16-2004, 05:35 AM
Hello all first time poster here. Thought I would use this fine board to pick up some info on our June trip to Disneyland.
Regarding park opening times, is the time posted on the Disneyland website the time the turnstiles open or the time that the rides start?
Can you ride the monrail from Disneyland to DCA and vice versa and do you need your handstamped or just show your ticket?

Darkbeer
02-16-2004, 07:16 AM
If it is an 8 AM opening, the turnstyles open at 8, along with most of the attractions (Toontown sometimes doesn't open until an hour after the park opening, also the Davy Crockett Canoes and Innoventions open later than park opening).

If it is a 9 or 10 AM opening, the gates open about 30 minutes early, and you are allowed to stay in the Main Street area... the majority of attractions open at posted opening time (see above).

The Monorail only has two stops, and does NOT stop at DCA. The two stops are Tomorrowland at DL and the Downtown Disney station, near the Rainforest Cafe. To ride the Monorail, you need a valid admission ticket to Disneyland Park, and if you are re-entering at the DtD station, a hand stamp.

happyhaunts999
02-16-2004, 07:16 AM
The park opening times are posted on the website. As for the rides they open when the rope drops(most of them). Also the monorail does not stop in DCA it stops at tommorowland as ussual. Then you can walk all the way to the front gate and across the esplanade to DCA about a 500 ft walk.

mamabot
02-16-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
If it is a 9 or 10 AM opening, the gates open about 30 minutes early, and you are allowed to stay in the Main Street area... the majority of attractions open at posted opening time (see above).

This is great information Darkbeer! I thought they had stopped the early openings all together. I will let my family who is going tomorrow & Wednesday know.

Yay! :D

THE REF
02-16-2004, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the replies. Our trip is in June and I'm sure I'll have more questions as the time nears. First time trip to Disneyland for our Daughter who will be 8. Took the boy in 95 and the spouse and I visited in 87. Disney World trips in 92 and 98.