PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Question

bassett1976
02-15-2004, 10:07 PM
I was at Dland this evening and heard the announcement that a third showing of Fantasmic was added to the schedule at 11:30 pm.

I was wondering, how often does this happen, that they actually add a third show?

Thanks for your input!

SweetAurora
02-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by bassett1976
I was at Dland this evening and heard the announcement that a third showing of Fantasmic was added to the schedule at 11:30 pm.

I was wondering, how often does this happen, that they actually add a third show?

Thanks for your input!

This usually happens on off-season weekends or holidays when the park is open late and is particularly pretty crowded. The park count today was 62,000, which is a good amount of people (as this is President's Day weekend, of course). The park usually waits until the day of to announce their decision of a 3rd show according to "demand". Last time I worked a day with a 3rd Fantasmic showing was New Year's Eve (although this is ALWAYS a huge and jam-packed day).

Disneyfreak
02-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Yeah because of the lack of the ability of the park being able to obsorb people because of the closed attractions, all of the rides had an hour wait basically. Haunted Mansion had a 100 min wait and splash had a 200 min wait.:~D

bassett1976
02-15-2004, 10:44 PM
This is very interesting. I thought that they would run into some problems with having a show that late.

It was really crowded tonight but not as bad as yesterday. They actually ran out of fastpass for HM. I was shocked to see that.

happyhaunts999
02-16-2004, 07:12 AM
I love when they add a third show. It means that the park becomes a ghost town. Very few people. It is the best time to ride the rides.

Alpha1mom
02-16-2004, 07:20 AM
Next weekend, I have balcony reservations for Fantasmic, but the shows at 8:30 instead of 9:00. Maybe they plan on a 3rd show.
We're coming for a cheerleading competition and I have no doubt that the park will be PACKED with cheerleaders! It's too bad that more rides won't be available

Kevy Baby
02-16-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Alpha1mom
We're coming for a cheerleading competition and I have no doubt that the park will be PACKED with cheerleaders! Thanks for the warning!

stitcher
02-16-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Alpha1mom
Next weekend, I have balcony reservations for Fantasmic, but the shows at 8:30 instead of 9:00. Maybe they plan on a 3rd show.

Thye 8:30/9:30 shows are merely a revision of the schedule for Fridays and Sundays as the park closes at 10. I'm not sure as to the complete reasoning behind it. I believe it has to do with attracting more guests for the later show. It is not however, to have space for a third show. With a running time of 25 minutes that only leaves 5 minutes to prepare for the next show and I hardly think that is enough time for them to reset everything.