PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite land

Caleb the Great
02-15-2004, 08:28 PM
I had started the thread ''what is your favorite land'' and it got me thinking what is your least favorite land. I have a feeling that we will all reply in unison ''toon town''.
I also dislike tommorow land

sleepyjeff
02-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Toon-Town; hands down. Even Tomorrowland, with all its shuttered attractions feels more like Disneyland than this weird place.

Tref
02-15-2004, 09:43 PM
Yeh, it would be Toontown for me too. But all the land needs is one great E ticket ride and I will forever shut up about how bad it is. As it stands right now, I can not think of one reason why I would ever return to that side of the park. The rides are cheap, the lay out is clumsy and the sites are nil. BUT ToonTown has one thing over even DCA -- the potential for greatness!

SweetAurora
02-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Of course Fantasyland and NOS are my all-time faves...all the other lands have always had magic for me at one time or another...even Toontown. Did I just say that? Crap, I did. Well, it holds some youthful, innocent charm for me, I guess. And I love working with kids, so it's all good.

So my least-favorite land would have to be DCA. Mwahaha. If I HAVE to be specific....I'd say, um, that corner by the Mission Tortilla Factory.

Not Afraid
02-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Current Tomorrowland. 1968 Tomorrowland was one of my all time favs.:crying:

sambo
02-15-2004, 11:25 PM
ToonTown most assuredly. Followed closely by Critter Country, or PoohLand, or whatever it's being called these days.

disneydreams
02-15-2004, 11:36 PM
I don't hate Toontown, cuz when I go there, it looks cute (from my POV) with the colors and sorta inflated-looking colorful houses, and the little young'ns are all happy-go-lucky and got like, hakuna matata (Lion King 1.5 ;D).

But I used to semi-dislike Tomorrowland...it was my least-favorite land...hardly went there...(I just didn't like it ok! :D) before 1998. and now, I SO do not like the current Tomorrowland. I just go there for Autopia (to practice my awesome driving skills ;) )and I've only been on SM once believe it or not :eek:

(hmm I also had the nerve of visiting Innoventions once...but I just went there for the DDR machine (but I can play it at home :D)

MotorBoat Cruiser
02-16-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm cool with toontown. It's more geared towards a younger crowd but I think Walt would have been ok with it. I think he wouldn't have minded once he saw how happy little kids are to see where Mickey and Donald and Goofy live. And for kids who cant get on the Matterhorn, at least they can work their way up on a mini-coaster. And quite honestly, I love the Roger Rabbit ride. I think it is far better than Winnie the Pooh.

Nope, the area that depresses me to no end is Tomorrowland. The reason why it is my least liked is because it was always my most liked until they butchered it. When I was little, we always went there first because there was so much to do. We would ride:

Adventures Thru Inner Space
Circlevision 360
Mission to Mars
Peoplemover
Submarines
America Sings
Autopia
Matterhorn
Space Mountain
Rockets

Thats 10 attractions before ever leaving the land without even counting the skycars, train, or monorail. Add those and you have 13 attractions.

Now, you have:

Star Tours
Innoventions*
Honey I shrunk the attention span*
Rockets
Matterhorn
Autopia
Monorail
Train
Space Mountain**
Buzz Lightyear**
* I have seen these both once and that was quite enough
**when these open, it will definitely help. Until then, they don't count

So you go from 13 attractions to basically 6. Thats more than half of the rides. And many of those missing were favorites of mine, so that adds to the bitterness. This used to be where the action was. Now I expect to see a tumbleweed blow through any minute.

Caleb the Great
02-16-2004, 12:10 AM
I think the Matterhorn is part of Fantasyland.

disneydreams
02-16-2004, 12:24 AM
yeah man, Matterhorn's part of Fantasyland

edit to add:
check your #1 source...your DLR map ;) :D
Eighth column (pink column) "Fantasyland" #8...I think...:geek:

MotorBoat Cruiser
02-16-2004, 12:39 AM
Fair enough. I guess I always considered it both because of how the two sides are referred to as the Tomorrowland or Fantasyland side. It always seemed like it was in both lands.

Photographer
02-16-2004, 06:12 AM
Tom Sawyer's Island, it's really a land but it's the place I visit the least. Other than that, Tomorrowland.

Pafuts
02-16-2004, 06:50 AM
Just for the record, I love Toontown.

Pooh corner is probably my least favorite. Although I do like the store there. It's just so friggin hard to get to.

happyhaunts999
02-16-2004, 07:05 AM
I would have to agree with critter country although i do like splash mountain the new pooh ride is horrible. Plus it is always a zoo down there. As for toontown while it is not my favourite land it does serve it's purpose it keeps alot of screamin kids and there strollers confined to that corner of the park. My fav. land is without a doubt NOS I love that area so much.

Dr. Watson
02-16-2004, 07:34 AM
Toontown... even my kids don't want to go there because it's always such a zoo of people. I'm surprised the trolly hasn't taken anybody out yet (it would decrease the crowds, though!)

Not Afraid
02-16-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Caleb the Great
I think the Matterhorn is part of Fantasyland.

When it was first built, Materhorn was part of Tomorrowland. Then they moved it to Fantasyland. I still refer to it as both TL and FL and there are two different sides to the ride - the TL side and the FL side.

02-16-2004, 08:20 AM
Another vote for Toon Town. What time is it? Migraine Time!

Gemini Cricket
02-16-2004, 08:25 AM
My least favorite land: Yesterland (http://yesterland.com/yester.html)

This is one land that keeps growing in the wrong direction. :(

(Great nostalgia, though...)

CarlieB
02-16-2004, 10:59 AM
My least favourite land is probably Tomorrowland. Unfortunately my first trip to DL was in 2000, so I never got to see Tomorrowland back when it was cool. While I never go into Toontown, I think it's okay because it's obviously a great place for the younger kids...imagine how cool that place would be if you were 4 or 5 years old...:)

Olivia G
02-16-2004, 11:26 AM
I love Toontown. I think it's so cute!

I really have never been much of a fan of Tomorrowland, even in it's glory days. The only ride I like there is Space Mountain, and it's closed.

tod
02-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Critter Country. Ecch.

It only has two rides: The Lovely Mrs. tod calls one of them "Pooh Takes The Brown Acid," which will make no sense if you are under 30 and haven't seen the movie "Woodstock."

The train goes by every few minutes, and it's up on a trestle you can't get to, and all the guests have their backs to you anyway.

When you finally decide the hell with it, you have to walk uphill a good 50 yards and when you do get out of Critter Country you're still nowhere unless your idea of big fun is watching people exit the Haunted Mansion.

At its best, when the Country Bear Jamboree was cookin' and you walked in past the big hill with Rufus snoring away in his cave and it had nice bathrooms and there was Teddi Barra's Swingin' Arcade with its custom made arcade games and you could sit on the lower floor of the Hungry Bear and nurse a Coke for two hours and watch the river traffic go by, it was a nice retreat from the hustle-bustle of the rest of the park.

Now it is the rest of the park.

--T