PDA

View Full Version : My dirty little DL secret

RickW
02-15-2004, 02:25 PM
O.K. I'm ready to admit my best kept Disneyland secret.

I'VE NEVER BEEN ON TOM SAWYER'S ISLAND!

That's right. I have been going to Disneyland since I was a one year old. My Dad worked at the Main Street Branch of Bank of America on opening day. I was raised in Orange County, and as many of you know, that means I practically lived at Disneyland. Birthday parties, holidays, private parties - any excuse and we went to Disneyland. Hundreds of visits.

But somehow I never have gone on the Island. As a fifty year old man, I think I'd feel kind of silly doing it now.

Anyone have a similar secret?

tahnok100
02-15-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by RickW
Anyone have a similar secret?

Yes, a very similar secret. I too have never been!

scaeagles
02-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Mine's worse....I've never been on the Haunted Mansion.

happyhaunts999
02-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Never being on TSL is a dirty little secret, but never having been on the Haunted Mansion that is just a Sin.

Forbin
02-15-2004, 06:27 PM
Same here, been going to disney for 24 years and NEVER went to Tom's Island.

cmpeter
02-15-2004, 06:29 PM
I am 38 and just went to TSI for the first time a couple weeks ago. :-)

David R
02-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Heh. Same here. I finally went there about 6 months ago.

Nancy
02-15-2004, 06:51 PM
No one is ever too old to go on TSI!!!!!:D

ununoctium
02-15-2004, 08:17 PM
Nevr been to TSI either..

or

Indy

:D

BrerFox
02-15-2004, 08:22 PM
never been on the mark twain. I don't think thats really sin........at least I hope not. I don't feel like I'm missing anything.:|
And I feel at a loss.......because......sniff........... I didn't wait 2 hours to ride the rocket rods!! Wahhh!!!
*sob*:crying:

Never been on indy? To bad. But I can understan.
"Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes? I hate snakes!"

DivaPrincess
02-15-2004, 09:26 PM
I haven't been on the monorail. Been to DL nearly a dozen times, and never been on the monorail.

Or the Columbia.

All That Glitters...
02-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Maybe those who "haven't been on TSI" or "haven't been on the Haunted Mansion" (ack!), etc. should get together and make a party of finally going on those attractions!! Sounds like a fun way to get to know each other and lend moral support. The only thing I can think of that I haven't been on is the new version of "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln". I don't suppose I could talk anyone into that one?? lol

DrIndianaJones
02-15-2004, 09:43 PM
Go see it! Well worth your time!

All That Glitters...
02-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Okay, I'll make a point of it next time we are at DL. My daughter has seen it and likes it and my son would probably enjoy it as well. We just seem to overlook it every time as we are heading down Main St. toward other things!

jimsocks
02-15-2004, 10:41 PM
I've been to DLR each of the last 4 years - first times since the early 80's...And since I bring the family down in Mid-May, mid-week - we've NEVER seen Fantasmic...!:eek:

timl33
02-15-2004, 11:30 PM
I've never been to any of the shows in Frontierland. The one where Billy Hill and gang are.

Kevy Baby
02-16-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by All That Glitters...
The only thing I can think of that I haven't been on is the new version of "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln". I don't suppose I could talk anyone into that one?? lol I love the new "Great Moments...". The audio is tres cool

Kevy Baby
02-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by jimsocks
I've been to DLR each of the last 4 years - first times since the early 80's...And since I bring the family down in Mid-May, mid-week - we've NEVER seen Fantasmic...!:eek: Make sure that you see it. It is an amazing experience. I promise you will not regret it (or if you do, you can blame me :) ).

SacTown Chronic
02-16-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by scaeagles
Mine's worse....I've never been on the Haunted Mansion.

Is it because of the kids?

My 6 year old won't go on it after sundown.

SteveK
02-16-2004, 11:56 AM
I've been going to the park for over 30 years and Friday was the first time I went to the Tiki Room, Honey I Shrunk the Audience or the Main Street Cinema. The only things I still haven't done are the Golden Horsehoe and the canoes.
-Steve

DrIndianaJones
02-16-2004, 11:57 AM
Next time you go, watch Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, get ready to laugh!

danyoung
02-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by jimsocks
I've been to DLR each of the last 4 years - first times since the early 80's...And since I bring the family down in Mid-May, mid-week - we've NEVER seen Fantasmic...!:eek:

Then you have missed the most amazing outdoor production on the planet. I mean that not just as a Disney park fan but as a former show services engineer who has worked on many similar events, from special celebrations to concert tours. Fantasmic! simply has to be seen to be believed. And don't be fooled into thinking that Florida's version is the same show. It's OK, but it doesn't have the flow, the majesty of the West Coast version. Make a note to see Fantasmic! on your very next visit - you will be thanking me for years to come!

:)

wendybeth
02-16-2004, 12:26 PM
I used to live near Anaheim and I never went to DL- I would go to Magic Mountain.

In my defense, I was young and it was in the early eighties, when Disney wasn't doing too well. I am making up for it now; when we go to DL we never go to the other parks, although my hubby wants to go to Universal Studios next time.

goofy4041
02-16-2004, 01:59 PM
We have been the last 16 years and i have never been on Casey jr. I think its because it would take to long to get on i have always wanted to but oh well.lol:D :fez: