PDA

View Full Version : Interesting note on new construction

olegc
05-03-2018, 08:02 AM
I saw this story in SDUT and the note about DtD parking being at the corner of Walnut and Katella was interesting. Implication is that all other parking close to DtD will be hotel, including the new build behind Paradise Pier hotel. And, of course the new structure and current M&F.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/tourism/sd-fi-disneyland-construction-20180501-story,amp.html

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

stan4d_steph
05-03-2018, 12:39 PM
I would really like to see the traffic studies for the new garage because I can't see how this doesn't just make the currently awful situation of getting cars parked in the garage worse.

olegc
05-03-2018, 02:27 PM
I would really like to see the traffic studies for the new garage because I can't see how this doesn't just make the currently awful situation of getting cars parked in the garage worse.I agree - but I think the resort's goal is to get people off the street. If u are waiting in line at garage - that's on Disney (and your visit I guess).

Malcon10t
05-06-2018, 02:15 PM
From earlier layouts, the DTD would be the parking behind and to the south of PPH. I will see if I can find the layout of where which parking will go. The Mickey and Friends parking would expand to a second building if I am remembering correctly.

Found it

http://www.ziggyknowsdisney.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/orange-county-register-disneyland-map.gif

Mowsefan
05-22-2018, 11:09 AM
That's a long hike from the DtD parking location to DtD...
I wonder if there will be trams to take you closer?

olegc
05-22-2018, 11:16 AM
That's a long hike from the DtD parking location to DtD...
I wonder if there will be trams to take you closer?I doubt it. They don't have them today when folks park there as overflow for DtD (essentially the aimba lot, right?).

And the pic is not necessarily tos Cale since DtD is not even noted - but it's still a long walk. U can always park in M&F and the new lot too - but too much for a DtD only visit.

Make sure u account for walk time in the future as park of your parking meter...