PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Parades/Shows???

baileykat
10-09-2001, 04:25 PM
I've been reading all the threads about Animazement closing...so what "shows" and parades are going to be up and running for the holidays...I've never been to DL at Xmas time...so this will be new...I've read something about a "Candle...something"...anyone know what that is...and when it is...and is it worth it...
SO SO SO SO excited about HM...My kids love NBC...

Thanks
Dena

Morrigoon
10-09-2001, 09:35 PM
"Candle-something"? OH-MY-GAWD!

If you haven't seen the Candlelight Procession, you've really missed something. The only problem is, it's very hard to catch, because it only runs a couple shows, and they don't advertise it because it's supposedly supposed to be mostly for families of the choirs, but it's really a sight to see. I wish they'd broadcast it on ABC at least. Very beautiful.

Chances are we'll get the same irritating xmas parade again this year, but if you've never seen it, you'll enjoy watching it. I just hope you like the song, cuz you hear it about 6 times before the parade has passed you. ("There's a special magic at Christmas time each year....")

They do up Small World very nicely, one of the few times in the year when I actually go on it by choice instead of chance. They decorate the lands, NOS looks particularly nice (you just can't beat the Santa gator!) And of course, you must be on Main St for the Xmas Believe! fireworks. It'll bring a tear to your eye. Try to be between the shops, that's the best spot.