PDA

View Full Version : TOT Sign finally lights up!

zapppop
02-14-2004, 01:15 AM
http://members.aol.com/lunerds/totlightsup.jpg

CaliforniaCrazy
02-14-2004, 03:50 AM
Funny, it's not as thrilling as I thought it would look. Maybe because there's a big advertisement that doesn't need to be there right next to it. :eek:

stan4d_steph
02-14-2004, 07:35 AM
Looks cool. Thanks for posting the picture zap.

MuckaMowie
02-14-2004, 07:54 AM
Can't wait!!! :~D

innerSpaceman
02-14-2004, 08:16 AM
I find it very fitting that they finally lit the sign for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror on Friday the 13th.

I know the advert takes away from the creepy effect a bit, but I think it's probably a good thing to have there so that guests are (hopefully) not fooled into thinking that the lit-up attraction is actually open.

Not Afraid
02-14-2004, 09:48 AM
HEY! Your pics are better than mine.:p

disneydreams
02-14-2004, 11:47 AM
oooh...pretty...

BrerFox
02-14-2004, 11:52 AM
You'd think they would make the lighting on the sign a little more spooky.:rolleyes:

You think the projector they are using for the advert is a sample of whats to come for the castle?

Not Afraid
02-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by BrerFox
You think the projector they are using for the advert is a sample of whats to come for the castle?

No no no no. That's just your basic large Gobo. They use the same thing on the side on the DLH during the holidays (snowflake projections).

The castle will be MUCH better.

DisneyFan25863
02-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Actually, in person, it looks REALLY cool. The sign flickers and the lights slowly move. I like it a lot :)

DivaPrincess
02-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Ooooooh - about the castle - Oprah's 50th birthday party took place in a huge tent that had projections to make it look like an italian villa. It was amazing! And, another tent that looked like a night club with this cool flame and diamond effect. I hope thats what they do for the castle.

Oh, and 50 points for the use of the word GOBO.

Edited because daughter pressed submit after one sentence.

Not Afraid
02-14-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by DivaPrincess
Oh, and 50 points for the use of the word GOBO.

YAY! 50 points!!!!

Now, what am I gonna do with them?:confused:

Loric
02-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
YAY! 50 points!!!!

Now, what am I gonna do with them?:confused:

Redeem it for a "I love Gobos!" button?

Or how about a "Honk if you love dynamic lighting systems!" bumper sticker?

Not Afraid
02-14-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Loric
Redeem it for a "I love Gobos!" button?

Or how about a "Honk if you love dynamic lighting systems!" bumper sticker?

WOW! I couldn't be more excited.:| < There's my picture.

Disneyfreak
02-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Tonight on the 14th they did not run the coming may 2004 sign! It looks sooooooooo cool.:) Also they were testing the left and right shaft today. They were running both shafts during the day constantly and at night the left shaft continued to test and even at 11 it was still going. I think they are really trying to torture it before the opening to get the bugs out.:)

AVP
02-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by DivaPrincess
Ooooooh - about the castle - Oprah's 50th birthday party took place in a huge tent that had projections to make it look like an italian villa. It was amazing! And, another tent that looked like a night club with this cool flame and diamond effect. I hope thats what they do for the castle. It's the same company. There was a mention of it in the DLR Update a few weeks ago, but I'll bet people didn't follow the link to their Web site. Folks, you have GOT to see what this company can do! From what's I've heard of the design for the Castle, it's going to be phenominal.

AVP

yeo_foxe
02-16-2004, 09:13 AM
I was there! ...and I nearly ran over Gallagher when leaving the resort!

Lol!!!