PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror on location

imagineerhopeful
02-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Here I am with all of the other tower nuts in front of the temp stage on the new sunset blvd. The "scream-o-meter" is installed on the main stage, and the many spot lights are set and ready.

So many friendly people, cameramen, suits.. Etc.... I took some pics of the tower, the stage, and all of those goodies. In sorta in the second row of bodies, right behind a photographer.

I hope to check back a few times before leaving.

That is... Before my ears are blown out by the scream woman... Who's supposed to be right in front of my position. Woohoo......

Wish me luck.

imagineerhopeful
02-13-2004, 05:37 PM
BTW... The media packet has the new opening date set as May 5th. Just a one day change...

brookedel
02-13-2004, 11:00 PM
Well, our view of the Tower had a big honking scaffold in the way, but I thought the whole event was very fun! I don't know whose idea it was to have Gallagher be the emcee, but he was good. My short little sister, who couldn't see a thing in the crowd, walked away in great spirits because of his performance. Those gumdrops he threw at us packed a bit of a sting, though. Also, his response to not recognizing the Twilight Zone music when they played it? "I was on drugs." That's authentic Hollywood for you, folks!

I thought the actual lighting of the sign was cool, with the sparks and flickering. The Tower looks great lit up, although the "Opening May 2004" projection kind of spoils the ambiance. My sister Brittney got this shot:

If you didn't like purple, how do you feel about turquoise? (http://www.heartstew.com/disney/toti.jpg)

It was funny, though, after all the big deal about lighting it up, they turned it off once the park closed! Haunted hotels follow very stringent schedules, apparently.

Also, I have to say the accompanying Bellhop Band was excellent, and I'm not just saying that because I'm (cough) related to one of the members. This picture is such blackmail fodder it isn't funny:

Dwight Kennedy and his Bellhop Boys lure guests toward the hotel. (http://www.heartstew.com/disney/bandi.jpg)

I did hear a bit of grumbling next to me during the screaming portion, after the fifth failed attempt at getting the scream-meter to 13, but all-in-all I thought it was a fun ceremony.

DisneyFan25863
02-13-2004, 11:49 PM
Ohh, that was an event I saw? I was walking into DL and saw pryos and stuff going off the tower. Very cool :)

MontanaKC
02-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by brookedel
I thought the actual lighting of the sign was cool, with the sparks and flickering. The Tower looks great lit up, although the "Opening May 2004" projection kind of spoils the ambiance. My sister Brittney got this shot:

If you didn't like purple, how do you feel about turquoise? (http://www.heartstew.com/disney/toti.jpg)

I would think they'd have to have the "Opening..." date in full view. Otherwise, you'd get some smart aleck showing up at Guest Relations complaining that it isn't open yet. "I saw the sign lit up and thought it was already open...."

You just know someone would do that.

Kim