PDA

View Full Version : Commendable Cast Members?

SweetAurora
02-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Hiya guys...have something for you to answer back to....

We hear a lot on this board about Maynard and such, who works very hard to ensure magic onstage at Disneyland. I'm wondering if there are other cast members you have met or had an experience with that you would like to give a big thanks to. Any particular cast members in DCA or Disneyland...or anywhere else on the resort?

Freerider127
02-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Rod Miller

Niwel
02-12-2004, 06:34 PM
We have oodles of stories in Cast Place (http://www.mouseplanet.com/kevin/index.htm) about excellent CM experiences. Enjoy and feel free to e-mail yours.
:D

SweetAurora
02-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Hey--thanks for that. I totally forgot about the Cast Place section. I thoroughly enjoyed it! :)
I'm just wondering about people who are continuously cool (like Rod and Maynard) and whom you look for when you go to the park. The AP's would probably best know about other people that make each day awesome when they visit the Resort.

disneynut
02-13-2004, 11:09 PM
We met an older CM when we were there a few years ago. He entertained us while we waited for the Country Bear Jamboree to start. He was really good with the kids. When they asked him to sign their autograph book, he signed it Country Bear Bob. Haven't seen him since, but he was very sweet.

Another one was the indian storyteller in DCA at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. My kids were fascinated with the instruments and props she used to tell the story. After everyone else had left she stayed and talked to the kids and answered all of their questions. We took a ton of pictures with her and she was so flattered when the kids pulled out the autograph books to ask her to sign them. You could tell she didn't get that very often. I think she enjoyed their enthusiasm as much as they enjoyed her storytelling.

It's rare when we run across a CM who isn't kind or helpful. I'm sure if I thought about it I could come up with quite a few examples of great cm's but these were the first two I thought of.

MotorBoat Cruiser
02-14-2004, 12:27 AM
Rod Miller is always nothing short of charming.

We had an experience a few weeks ago with a male cast member named Terry at the monorail station in Tomorrowland. He was terrific. As we waited, there was a family in front of us and he played a game of Disney Trivia with us. It passed the time really quickly. I did feel bad because I knew all of the answers and the two little girls in front of me were trying so hard to get an answer right. I kept my mouth shut until everyone had a chance. There was one question I didn't know though. "What is Donald Duck's middle name?" BEsides that though, it was pretty easy.

Still, the whole line was smiling and we kind of hated to leave when the monorail came in. It is cast members like this who take the extra steps, that really make it a special place.

DisneyFan25863
02-14-2004, 12:36 AM
We had a really nice JC Skipper today named Mark. He went a little, umm, crazy. Like, when we passed Indy, he said "Here in Indiana Jones, which is now under refurbishment. ABOUT TIME MICHAEL!"

Or, when we passed a spot where an animal is missing, "Well, an animal is supposed to be here, but its not. I think it's budget was cut, again."

Keep in mind that there was like no one on the boat. Just me, my friend, and some apparent APers (from the looks of their pins). :)

adriennek
02-14-2004, 08:08 AM
Well, I happen to think very highly of a few CMs, myself. One of the most special CMs that I ever encountered at Disneyland was an amazing Baby Care Center CM named Jane. Jane had a heart of gold. Jane went out of her way to make every guest in BCC special. Jane even did little things outside of her job description... Many times parents needed to wash out their bottles and such but Disney didn't offer any dishwashing soap. Jane brought some in from home and kept it under the sink so it would be available for parents who needed it.

Jane always had a smile on her face for guests. I could go on and on and on about Jane. She was an amazing, special person. Sadly, Jane passed away a couple of years ago. She was an amazing woman and a very special CM.

Adrienne

Photographer
02-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by disneynut
We met an older CM when we were there a few years ago. He entertained us while we waited for the Country Bear Jamboree to start. He was really good with the kids. When they asked him to sign their autograph book, he signed it Country Bear Bob. Haven't seen him since, but he was very sweet.

I think I know who you're talking about. I've seen him twice before. Once while people were waiting for Fantasmic to start, he was there for the crowd that arrives a few hours early. The other time I think he was on Main St. He's adorable, reminds me of Jonathan Winters.

I love senior citizens. :)

stitcher
02-15-2004, 11:17 PM
Bob is indeed a cherished CM at the resort and even though you really only see him during Fantasmic now, he always brings smiles to everyone he talks to.:D

disneynut
02-16-2004, 10:43 AM
I'm glad to hear Bob is still around. He has such an entertaining personality...perfect for his line of work!:)

BJW
02-17-2004, 02:03 AM
I have a commendable CM story. Back when the Country Bear Playhouse was still running (I believe it was during DCA's opening weekend, which was Feb. 2001. It was cold and rainy.) I had my handicapped grandmother sitting in the lobby waiting for the show to start. My grandmother got a sudden pain attack and started crying. The CM came over to ask her what was wrong. She explained to him her problem and that if she could take a pain pill the pain would go away. We had no bottled water or anything. The CM went and got her a Coke from the break room (even though he told us it was against the rules) so she could wash her pill down. I was afraid to make a favorable report at City Hall because I thought he might get in trouble for bending the rules. I hope he logs onto Mousepad and can read this as I'd love to thank him again for his kindness.

wendybeth
02-17-2004, 09:31 AM
During our last trip to DL, we went to Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast. It was okay, but we had been there for nearly 1/2 hour and had only been visited by two characters- they seemed to bypass us while going around the room, and I could tell my daughter was disappointed. (The table next to us was not very happy either, so it wasn't just us). Finally, Aladdin came by and started talking to Tori. When he realised she was hard of hearing, he started signing to her and she started giggling. (He asked her where her monkey was). He spent a great deal of time with us, and made sure the other characters stopped by.
After we got home, we had the pics developed and she quickly rifled through them until she got to the Aladdin ones. As she was looking at them, she blushed and flipped them over face down. I realised that she had her first crush (he was pretty cute) and that my little girl was growing up.....:|

BryanPeek
02-17-2004, 03:54 PM
No cast member ever talks to me...I don't know why, do cast members not like Teens? :crying: :confused:

Morrigoon
02-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Nope.

I like Zie, the lady who works in the watch shop. She helped hyperboy pick his watch and helped me find my next watch (that is, until I discovered I was out of money for the semester :eek: )