PDA

View Full Version : Still walk from M&F to DTD?

Niwel
04-09-2018, 10:34 AM
From the looks of the latest construction pictures, I can't tell if you can still walk to DTD from Mickey and Friends. Is that no longer an option?

SteveMartin
04-09-2018, 10:51 AM
Yes, it can still be done. When you get off the escalator, go forward and to your left and you'll see a new gate manned by a CM (at the tram crossing). This leads to Disney Way where you can turn right and then head down the same street that you used to use prior to construction (alongside the entrance to DtD parking). We did this last weekend (4/1).

Niwel
04-09-2018, 11:04 AM
Yes, it can still be done. When you get off the escalator, go forward and to your left and you'll see a new gate manned by a CM (at the tram crossing). This leads to Disney Way where you can turn right and then head down the same street that you used to use prior to construction (alongside the entrance to DtD parking). We did this last weekend (4/1).

Ah - good to know Steve.... thank you!

Shortpix77
04-09-2018, 11:35 AM
Ah - good to know Steve.... thank you!

Confirm -- used the route Steve outlined above yesterday. For a brief period they had you walking around the tram route, between temporary walls, and through the bottom floor of the parking structure and it was really unclear if you were in a place you weren't supposed to be... so glad they changed it, and this route is actually more efficient (at least in my opinion) than the route they had people using before construction started. Or maybe I just hated smelling all the car smells during the portion of the walk that was in the parking structure...

tea4two
04-09-2018, 07:09 PM
Confirm that this route is still in place as of this past weekend. Nice, friendly CMs manning the tram route crosswalk, too. :) So nice to have a clear, easy walking path now.

josephfive
04-10-2018, 08:21 AM
Yep! Did it this past weekend too. Nice & easy walk.