PDA

View Full Version : season pass

jake99
10-09-2001, 05:35 AM
i was wondering if you guys think the 130$ season pass is worth it if you live 2 hours away

EandCDad
10-09-2001, 07:04 AM
Jake, Welcome to the boards. Our family also lives in the SD area. We have the So. Cal passes and find that it is very worthwhile. If you go more than three times a year, your $130 pass is paid for. We find it good to have the option not to try to kill ourselves seeing everything in one day. We know we can come back again in a few weeks.

cstephens
10-09-2001, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by jake99
i was wondering if you guys think the 130$ season pass is worth it if you live 2 hours away

Distance isn't a factor - it's how often you go. You could live only 1/2 hour away, but if you only go twice a year, then it's not worth it. You could also live 6 hours away and have it be totally worth it if you go 4 or 5 times a year. Really depends on the individual.

MickeyD
10-09-2001, 12:50 PM
When I lived in San Diego, I had the $130 (I think, that is the deluxe, right?) pass and found it very much worth it.

Napsto
10-09-2001, 01:04 PM
got the top of the line and i live 1 hour away and i love it. it has paiid foritself and some

mad4mky
10-09-2001, 05:58 PM
I live in the San Francisco area. We are going back down in December. It is my 3rd time this year. Why oh why we didn't buy AP's is beyond me...probably because we never thought we'd go back more than twice. OOPS!!!

.:confused:

Come this December 1st...are whole family (5 of us) will have AP's. Come next April or May...I will be very happy we bought them.

Morrigoon
10-09-2001, 09:12 PM
Besides socal, where I grew up, I've lived in NoCal, Texas, England, and currently Vegas. Since the age of 16, I have always had an AP, and ALWAYS gotten my money's worth. (admittedly, I didn't go while I was in England, but I was only there 5 months and still got my money's worth during the rest of that year).

I've said this in the SHould I or Shouldnt I thread, but I'll repeat it here: If you want to see if your pass is worth it, take the amount of the pass, and divide it by the cost of admission to see how many visits you need to make to get your money's worth. Personally, I didn't think DCA was worth the extra $100 (I have a premium 1-park) but that is a choice that's entirely up to you.

For the 1-park premium, and assuming an admission cost of $33 (to account for socal discount or multi-day passes), I figured I had to go to the park 6 times, or 3 weekends, to get my ($200) money's worth. Now, ask yourself this, do you think you can drive up from San Diego once every 4 months? I'm sure you can. Is the pass worth it? I say - YES!

Now you're looking at the $130 pass. Keeping in mind that a 3-day park hopper is $111 and a 4 day a bit more than that (I forget the amount.... $140-something?), you ask yourself: will I visit one or the other park at least 4 times (2 weekends, sun/mon in your case) in the year? I don't know how many kids you have, but if you can afford it, you may want to consider the premium. I know for those of us who liver farther away, having more days open to us is a real boon.

Get something though, I'm sure you'll use it!