PDA

View Full Version : My Rant (more of a trip report)

Morrigoon
10-08-2001, 09:52 PM
Okay, this is long and on various topics. Feel free to respond to any of them.

Animazement: Cheesy, in a classic Disney brand cheese kind of way, very good for the kids, and something I enjoy thoroughly. Seriously gonna miss it when it's gone. Why isn't the soundtrack on any CDs?

Moreover, DCA is sorely lacking in kids attractions. Animazement was VERY popular with the peanut gallery. Why not lose Waste of Time and put Animazement over there? With such close proximity to the Animation building, it would fit in nicely.

Patriotic Finale to Believe!: **LOVE IT!** You can't top inspiring an entire park to sing along with the patriotic music, you just can't! Kind of reminds me of Fantasy in the Sky "And now, to honor America, Disneyland presents, a patriotic finale....!" Another thing I noticed about Believe... it didn't used to have stars... it had rings, and I think hearts, but I was caught off guard by the stars... are they new?

Mouseadventure went very smoothly and was a lot of fun! We didn't win, but who cares? :)

Nightmare Mansion (don't worry, no spoilers here) -- FABULOUS!!! They really hit this one out of the park. It makes one wonder what they could do if they gave Nightmare a ride all its own. Maybe someday they'll build a park with a villains land and we'll get to find out. The exterior is gorgeous (that was an emphatic Haley Mills-style GORGEOUS) with all the decorations. Any chance they'll sell lenticular pieces of a hangable size of the changeover? Any chance I could afford it? ;)

So, we have Small World holiday (xmas), Nightmare before Mansion (halloween and xmas), what's next? I've got it... Space Mountain thanksgiving! (j/k :p) Actually, I'd like to see them do over more attractions for the holidays, it really keeps things fresh at the park.

Okay, here's my attraction idea (not related to the xmas comments above, this is more in lieu of Fantasmic!) Nighttime, lantern-lit canoe rides! They can put in some fog machines around the back side of Rivers of America, and get some canoes CMs with Jungle Cruise talent to lead the spooky expeditions. Heheh, imagine a nighttime, foggy canoe ride led by Maynard! For nighttime lantern rides, they could switch from the Davey Crockett types to a more mansion look for the CMs. Like a scary ferryman look.

Along those same lines... how about candlelit dinner cruises on the Twain? Not real candles, of course, but the kind they're using on the mansion exterior that look so attractive.

Okay, that's enough rant (for now)

...I still think they should build a Disneyland museum in downtown Disney for the 50th ;)

Nigel2
10-08-2001, 10:04 PM
Actually for the old Halloween treat they use to do a haunted trip arround the RoA on the Columbia, Fog+Low Canoes, seems rather dangerous, but it could be fun if once in a while a boat "didn't return" fill it with dressed CM's, have them yell and scream then dump them off somewhere that they could get back without being seen, and presto a death cruise.

tabacco
10-09-2001, 05:11 PM
I always thought it'd be cool to have a holiday space mountain. Sure, it wouldn't be a whole lot different, but they could do a holiday song. Imagine Space with a Dick Dale version of "Jingle Bells" or something like that. It'd be neat :)

adriennek
10-09-2001, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
I always thought it'd be cool to have a holiday space mountain. Sure, it wouldn't be a whole lot different, but they could do a holiday song. Imagine Space with a Dick Dale version of "Jingle Bells" or something like that. It'd be neat :)

Oooh, I like this idea. And the best part about it is that they'd be forced to finally fix the sound system on Space. Much like NBC forced them to clean up the Mansion, Space could get it's worn out parts fixed for something like this. I like it ;)

Adrienne K-- who isn't even much of a Space Mountain fan....

DisneylandBoy
10-09-2001, 08:11 PM
Speaking of the sound system for Space Mountain - Why does it never work? I have been on the ride a lot and it has worked like once. What is up with that? I ALWAYS look for the red light, and it is NEVER on!

coronamouseman
10-10-2001, 10:16 AM
Hey - at least Space Mountain works. The only two times I've been to DCA and the last few times I've driven by DCA on Katella the California Screamin coaster has never been running.

The idea of changing soundtracks is great - RnR Coaster in Orlando has 4 or 5 tracks which are randomized so your odds of getting a different one on each ride are pretty good.

Nigel2
10-10-2001, 10:26 PM
Thats funny SM works fine when I go on it. Odd isn't it, the person with the best odds to be on an attraction and have it break down can always get the soundtrack on SM.:D

Morrigoon
10-10-2001, 10:57 PM
Haha, speaking of which, we sunk a small world boat!

I don't know why the cm's let us do it, they "knew" we would get stuck, and they didn't send a boat after us for quite a while!

There were 18 people crammed into one of those boats, it took the combined effort of everyone on the sides pushing to get us through, including some synchronized rocking of the boat in time with the pushing.... seriously!

Nigel2
10-10-2001, 11:02 PM
Its one thing to overload, but why not bring a small drill with you, and drill a ton of holes in the bottom then cover them with something that could hold off the water for like an hour and presto we have Titanic, with the annoying song. Not that I am encouraging this kind of behavior towards an annoying attraction. I think getting people stuck in Small World is acttualy a crime against humanity.

9oldmen
10-10-2001, 11:19 PM
Space Mountain Holiday:
Santa has his hands full delivering toys on Earth, so he has enlisted your aid in deliveries to other planets. In addition to pre-show overdressing, the ride vehicles would have little chrome robotic reindeer mounted on the fronts. During the ride, you could pass various "alien" plants decorated like trees. Maybe you would see alien children, alien milk and cookies? Snowflakes projected on the walls instead of the asteroids?

tabacco
10-10-2001, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by 9oldmen
Space Mountain Holiday:
Santa has his hands full delivering toys on Earth, so he has enlisted your aid in deliveries to other planets. In addition to pre-show overdressing, the ride vehicles would have little chrome robotic reindeer mounted on the fronts. During the ride, you could pass various "alien" plants decorated like trees. Maybe you would see alien children, alien milk and cookies? Snowflakes projected on the walls instead of the asteroids?

That would be exceedingly cool, not to mention fairly cheap to put in place. I mean... change a few slides int he projectors, record a new song, some plastickey bits to go on the cars and voila!

BiggJakeMoney
10-10-2001, 11:48 PM
Indiana Jones: Temple of the Drunken Santa.

For the holidays, Indiana Jones is completely redressed, a la NBC Haunted Mansion. The storyline is: Santa has a bit too much peppermint Schnapps on Christmas Eve. Consequently, his normally routine route all over the world delivering presents becomes a harrowing, wild sleigh-ride fraught with peril and danger around every turn.

The jeep's cab would be replaced with sleigh mock-ups, providing a jolting, near vomit-inducing experience as the sleigh careens around the temple, now redressed to look like a city skyline. The mummies are replaced with human animatronics, who dive for cover as the sleigh roars by, and the giant snake is temporarily replaced by a news helicopter mock-up, which the sleigh narrowly avoids as the 'copter makes it's nightly rounds.

Better yet, give it an "Ernest Saves Christmas" overlay, and call it, "Ernest P. Worrell and the temple of the drunken Santa."

Nigel2
10-11-2001, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by 9oldmen
Space Mountain Holiday:

Since when did aliens celebrate christmas? It would actually be better if you were on a rocket sled to a space station, and there just happend to be a hood ordiment that had a glowing red nose. It could work if we had a WDW style return where you don't get out infront of the people boarding. Heck for the indy idea why not make it sound like santa is traped/lost inside the temple and have the cars fly by everything, but they all have holdiay junk on them? Have them wearing santa hats and presents by them. And the big ending could be Santa's sack rolling towards you, as santa tries to leave. Then he is out, and blah blah blah the story could end.