PDA

View Full Version : TOT tickets

ksejr1
02-11-2004, 09:02 PM
has anyone purchased the tot tickets yet?
Which ones did you all buy? I'm just curious. :D

Darkbeer
02-11-2004, 10:10 PM
IMHO, not worth the money, going to Knott's Winter Solace instead.......:fez:

Jeremiah
02-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Got the sunset room package and can't wait. While the KWS sounds like it would be fun nothing will ever top the Tower. I love the one in WDW and i know this one is not going to be the same but I can't wait. I know that the event is to sell stuff but also if anyone can think of how they have gone out with some of the themeing in the past for events. I am sure they will do the same for this one and how cool will it be to ride it late at night....lol cause we all know that DCA has not been open very late in 3 years HA HA HA.

J
*END OF LINE*

CoasterMatt
02-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
While the KWS sounds like it would be fun nothing will ever top the Tower.

What do you mean by that? Knott's Winter Solace is a special event, that's thrown by a park that actually knows that a special event doesn't just mean an opportunity to purchase stuff.

I've been to the previous 4 Solaces, and Knott's has always made sure that we felt welcomed. And if you're lucky, you can win some genuinely cool experiences, not just stuff - case in point, two years ago, I won an early morning "maintenance mode" ride on Supreme Scream - even got to take a camera a long for pics.

Darkbeer
02-12-2004, 09:48 PM
There is also the attitude difference, when Knott's offered the first rides on Xcelerator, it was a charity auction... I ended up paying about $120 to get on the first public train...

They fed us, gave us free beer :D, got a special T-Shirt, on ride photo and a key chain, gave us about a hour and a half of exclusive ride time before opening it up to the public, and treated us like VIP's...

The Boys and Girls Club, and another charity got over $10,000, as all the costs of the event were paid for by Knott's as a Marketing/Charity expense.

Now, the Knott's Winter Solace is not a Charity event (though they do run a raffle (need to purchase tickets) for charity, where all the prizes are donated by Knott's (or other Cedar Fair parks...) is just $43 for some folks, and just $23 if you have an AP.... but they open the park at 7 AM, and offer private time until 10 AM, (and the same from 10 PM to 12 Midnight), give you a T-Shirt, and feed you a famous Chicken Dinner Buffet Lunch.... based on the price, this event sounds like they just want to break even, and create goodwill for some of their best customers....

It is an Attitude thing...

They also offer a special weekend offer, where you can stay at the Knott's owned Radisson for 2 nights, enjoy a special Friday night event, including a special speaker, a BBQ Dinner, more private time riding roller coasters, a Sunday Breakfast and more for just $179 ... this makes the entire weekend, including 3 meals, about 8 hours of time in the park when the park is closed to regular guests, gifts, and more for about $120 per person......

Heck, for $119 during the ToT event, you get a couple of hours in the park, some snacks, and a ride on ToT... plus the opportunity to spend a lot more money buying stuff...:rolleyes:

Solace, here I come!!!!!!:cool: