PDA

View Full Version : Eat at Early of Sandwich by June 30th

Pages : [1] 2

olegc
03-27-2018, 04:27 PM
According to the OC Register the western portion of DTD will begin demolition after June 30th. Some stores may close earlier.
if you are a fan of one of the restaurants - you'd better make plans.
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/27/heres-whats-closing-at-downtown-disney-to-make-way-for-a-new-hotel/

Blacksheep Uncle
03-31-2018, 06:46 PM
Odd that they will be closing stuff right before the 4th of July...

fishgal
04-05-2018, 09:22 AM
I believe ESPN Zone is moving into the old Build a Bear location taking up all the empty space in that area. Don't know about the others.

olegc
04-05-2018, 09:45 AM
I don't think so. That combined location (build a bear and ridemakers) will be 2 new restaurants - Baseline Tap House and Black Tap Craft Burgers and shakes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

cstephens
04-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Out of everything going away, the only one I'll miss is the AMC Theatres. Hoping they put one in the new hotel.

olegc
04-05-2018, 02:08 PM
Out of everything going away, the only one I'll miss is the AMC Theatres. Hoping they put one in the new hotel.

well, it wont be there... but it will be close by.
https://anaheimgardenwalk.com/press/anaheim-gardenwalk-announces-new-amc-theatres-coming-in-2019/2130566497/

tea4two
04-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Bummer. GardenWalk is nice, sort of, but definitely not the same as on property. A movie at the AMC was always a very nice way to end a date night at the parks.

cstephens
04-05-2018, 08:22 PM
well, it wont be there... but it will be close by.
https://anaheimgardenwalk.com/press/anaheim-gardenwalk-announces-new-amc-theatres-coming-in-2019/2130566497/

I'm bummed to hear that, because if they're that close, it means they won't open another one at DTD. It's still technically walking distance but definitely not as accessible as being in DTD. I think there was some other theatre there before. I presume they're either gone or leaving.

Thanks for the info.

Shortpix77
04-05-2018, 08:34 PM
I'm bummed to hear that, because if they're that close, it means they won't open another one at DTD. It's still technically walking distance but definitely not as accessible as being in DTD. I think there was some other theatre there before. I presume they're either gone or leaving.

Thanks for the info.

I'm also bummed about this. If the parks get too hot or crowded, we occasionally see a movie to escape for a couple of hours because it's right there and has all the AC. We would never do that if we had to go to GardenWalk.

olegc
04-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Well in my opinion I think they will have something - somewhere - since they still need to provide a way to hold screenings, etc. It's they way they create buzz about certain movies. Unless they have really gone off their rocker and want everyone to always be spending money or in line. Maybe they feel having folks watch a movie is not advantageous to the dollar spend per hour metric.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JeffG
04-06-2018, 02:11 PM
I think that House of Blues took over the location of the old movie theater at Gardenwalk.

candles71
04-06-2018, 05:30 PM
I think that House of Blues took over the location of the old movie theater at Gardenwalk.
This. HoB did take over the former movie theater space, so I'm surprised they are moving one back in.

cstephens
04-06-2018, 07:56 PM
This. HoB did take over the former movie theater space, so I'm surprised they are moving one back in.

But there's a difference between a theatre that no one has heard of and a chain like AMC. I've been to GardenWalk when the other theatre was in operation, and I would never go there because I didn't know anything about them. Last time I was at GardenWalk, they were still sorely in need of tenants, and having AMC there will definitely give it a boost. AMC is a known entity and will draw people there to see movies, and presumably, parking will be easier there than it has been at DTD, and it will also prompt places like restaurants and retail stores to move in, since AMC is a big audience draw, and people will want to shop and eat before and/or after a movie.

candles71
04-06-2018, 08:08 PM
All true. I didn't realize the other theater wasn't a known chain. I couldn't remember what it was.

Promo-Man
04-10-2018, 08:44 AM

House of Blues did not take over the whole space, there are 6 screen auditoriums left that AMC will be using. Construction conversion will be happening in May.

Note: The Taste of Anaheim will take place on Thursday, May 17, 2018 at the GardenWalk this year.

jmorgan
04-12-2018, 07:51 AM
I worked at a firm that the owner came in one day and told all employees that he was closing the company in a few weeks and that we would be paid till then. By the end of the first week, about half of the employees have left and at the end only a few remained. I would think that if told the restaurant you work at is closing, you would quit the moment you get another job. Therefor these restaurants would be well understaffed by June and they are certainly not going to be replacing employees that quit. I am going to be at the resort in June and am a bit scared to try any of these places even if they are opened. What kind of service do you think you would get?

candles71
04-16-2018, 07:42 AM
I think that will depend if they got new jobs with Disney that will hold them until the closing date, or if they got offsite jobs.
Especially as they offered bonuses for those who stay to the end.

tea4two
04-29-2018, 04:33 PM
Asked at Starbucks by the AMC yesterday: their last day is supposedly June 23rd. RFC says their last day is June 17th. And Haagen Dazs says their last day (so Salt & Straw can start moving in) is May 31st.

disneyis4us
06-12-2018, 06:22 AM
So I know that ESPNzone is closed. I have read that the dates for the Rainforest Cafe and AMC Theaters are expected to close June 17. And Earl of Sandwich June 23rd. Sure wish I knew if these dates were a for sure thing or not. I have spoke with Rainforest Cafe several times. I have been told that they could be closing anywhere from June 17th-June 24th. After everything I keep reading I have a feeling it's closer to the June 17th date. Which is the date we arrive. Ugh! Anyone out there have for sure confirmed dates?

5Mouseketeers
06-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Ugh! We arrive on the 24th! I was hoping we were going to get to watch Incredibles 2 in Dtd!! So bummed!

Dsnyrnr
06-12-2018, 02:14 PM
I was told by an employee at Earl of Sandwich that they close on June 23rd. He also says that they have been told they will not be relocating or re-opening in the new hotel when it is built.

cstephens
06-13-2018, 07:20 AM
The AMC theatre doesn't list any showtimes after this Sunday.

AVP
06-17-2018, 09:41 PM
So I know that ESPNzone is closed. I have read that the dates for the Rainforest Cafe and AMC Theaters are expected to close June 17. And Earl of Sandwich June 23rd. Sure wish I knew if these dates were a for sure thing or not. I have spoke with Rainforest Cafe several times. I have been told that they could be closing anywhere from June 17th-June 24th. After everything I keep reading I have a feeling it's closer to the June 17th date. Which is the date we arrive. Ugh! Anyone out there have for sure confirmed dates?June 19th. Tuesday is their last day of operation.

The AMC closed today. Earl of Sandwich closes Saturday.

Karin
06-18-2018, 05:01 PM
I was told by an employee at Earl of Sandwich that they close on June 23rd. He also says that they have been told they will not be relocating or re-opening in the new hotel when it is built.

Earl of Sandwich closes Saturday.

In today's MP DLR Update it didn't mention Earl relocating into the new hotel as had been the rumor/speculation all along.

Is it true, or unconfirmed that Earl will no longer be a part of the DLR Resort? *holding my tears for now*

Berry Princess
06-19-2018, 10:32 AM
In today's MP DLR Update it didn't mention Earl relocating into the new hotel as had been the rumor/speculation all along.

Is it true, or unconfirmed that Earl will no longer be a part of the DLR Resort? *holding my tears for now*

A few posts above Dsnyrnr said

So looking like maybe not. I can imagine that Disney would rather have their own restaurants set up inside. I can see them including Starbucks though so they can keep the 2nd location still so those in the hotel and ones around can grab it there. If by chance Earl doesn't get a spot in the new hotel maybe they should follow the way of House of Blues and AMC and see about moving to Garden Walk.