PDA

View Full Version : It’s Tough to Be a Bug Last Day 3/18?

Pages : [1] 2

indiejones33
03-18-2018, 03:42 PM
I’ve gotten word that today is the last day that It’s Tough to Be a Bug will run. This is most likely the first attraction in Bugs Land to close to make way for a Marvel Land. I have a feeling that Bugs Land will slowly go away in the near future...

3Princesses1Prince
03-18-2018, 04:37 PM
Park app has it on refurb list until March 30.

Promo-Man
03-18-2018, 07:30 PM
I’ve gotten word that today is the last day that It’s Tough to Be a Bug will run. This is most likely the first attraction in Bugs Land to close to make way for a Marvel Land. I have a feeling that Bugs Land will slowly go away in the near future...

One maps that I have seen in the past Marvel Land would be behind what at the time was Tower of Torror

sjhanksaz
03-19-2018, 12:27 PM
I would not miss bugs land, but I think it's going in back of break out and taking over monsters inc eventually

JeffG
03-20-2018, 11:43 AM
Disney just formally announced that, yes, the Marvel land will replace A Bug's Land and that "It's Tough to be a Bug" has closed permanently.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/03/avengers-and-other-super-heroes-to-assemble-in-new-themed-areas-at-disneyland-resort-disneyland-paris-and-hong-kong-disneyland/

Berry Princess
03-20-2018, 12:27 PM
Which is a shame IMO. I know not all will miss it but it was always full of families in there. We spent many hours in there with our kids when they were little too. Its also been the best place for me to cool off in summer when I need it. I don't do well with heat and the water sprinkling down like it does always was nice to take a walk through as I needed. Hopefully whatever they do put in place with Marvel will be good for families with young kids as well and make up for some of the loss of those things.

Now how do I get me one of those Heimlich trains for my yard? :p

cstephens
03-20-2018, 12:33 PM
This was the thing in the theatre, right? If so, I've never been on it, either at DCA or WDW. I've heard about what they do to you in there - stinky smells, poking you in the back like you're being stung - and that never seemed like a good time to me.

Dave1313
03-20-2018, 12:45 PM
This was the thing in the theatre, right? If so, I've never been on it, either at DCA or WDW. I've heard about what they do to you in there - stinky smells, poking you in the back like you're being stung - and that never seemed like a good time to me.

Yup. In the Tree of Life at WDW. The effects are sort of like you describe, I feel they are probably most jarring the first time you do it. You then either decide you never want to do it again, or you just prepare for knowing what is coming the next time ;). I've only done it twice, and I felt more prepared the second time.

Berry Princess
03-20-2018, 12:48 PM

We saw it way back when it first opened and weren't into it at all. They used those things as well during some of the sneak peeks. We went to watch the Cinderella one and walked out because it freaked my daughter out. It was suppose to be like the mice were running under you but who really wants that on their butts? Never really got why that was a great idea for little kids.

NickP
03-20-2018, 01:07 PM
I'm going to miss Its Tough Being a Bug, haven't seen it in years though because it was always occupied for a movie sneak peak every time we went. I don't have little kids anymore so I won't miss the kids rides, even when my kids were little they didn't care much for the rides but did like the Bug's Land theme of the area in general.

missm
03-20-2018, 01:35 PM
Oh wow, this will be a big deal for my kiddo. She doesn't do the big rides and this is her favorite place in DCA. For us we will just wait a few years after our trip next week to go back. That way she will be old enough for the bigger rides. For families with little ones this place will be missed.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
03-20-2018, 01:37 PM
We just came back from our first trip to Disney World. They have so much available space in Florida that they rarely remove an attraction or land to put in a new one. Disneyland is so handicapped acre-wise that when they design something new and exciting to put somewhere, there's always going to be removal of something as part of the process. It's the inevitable compromise to keep things evolving into new and exciting journeys.

sjhanksaz
03-20-2018, 02:26 PM
Bugs Life was one movie? Maybe there was a second but I don't remember it.

Marvel has had how many movies? So much material and characters here.

Even when my kids were small they didn't want to spend more than a half hour in Bugsland.

So when is toon town coming down?

CariBelle
03-21-2018, 08:24 AM
I'm going to miss Its Tough Being a Bug, haven't seen it in years though because it was always occupied for a movie sneak peak every time we went.

Same here, it was like a more intense "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" and I miss that as well.
My daughter currently loves Bug's Land, so I hope we get to enjoy it during our April trip one last time.

NickP
03-21-2018, 02:51 PM
Bugs Life was one movie? Maybe there was a second but I don't remember it.

Marvel has had how many movies? So much material and characters here.

Even when my kids were small they didn't want to spend more than a half hour in Bugsland.

So when is toon town coming down?

Yes it was only one movie.
Before it was announced where Galaxy's Edge was actually going to be located within the park, there was speculation that Toon Town was on the chopping block but it made the cut. Personally I am indifferent to Toon Town but do realize that it's a good spot for parents with little kids

Bug's land really doesn't cover all that much land within the park so I can't imagine how much they can fit in that area. If the plan is to just make Marvel a big part of the park I would re-theme that whole Hollywood back lot area to Marvel. The only thing really stopping that, that I can see, is that the Frozen show at Hyperion is popular. Maybe they can move that somewhere?

candles71
03-22-2018, 09:29 AM
The last remaining chunk of parking lot behind Guardians is roughly the same size as Carsland. I was hoping Guardians would be a gateway to Marvel land.
We love Bugsland and none of my kids are little anymore, yet we always hit it anyway. Heimlich is one of Whistler's favorite attractions. Now, if they'd just let me have the whole ride we'd be happy to take it home with us.

binky0814
03-22-2018, 09:39 AM
Awww. What a shame. This is always on our list of "must dos" every time we go. It has been one our faves since my son was 4 - he's 18 now and STILL jumps with the little critters leave the theater. See this close makes me sad.

MidwayManiac
03-22-2018, 09:50 AM
Is nothing sacred anymore?!?!?!?!

/end feigned outrage.

So sad. Heimlich's and Francis's were great rides for kids of all ages.

And not so sad. Tuck'nRolls buggies was the biggest waste of space in the resort and Flik's Flyers in the top 10 wastes of space. "Tough To Be a Bug": highly underwhelming.

It was a good run. So long Bug's Land.

NickP
03-22-2018, 11:00 AM
I know it's been brought up before but with adding all of these new IP's to the park, DCA is losing more of the "California" in it's name. Wonder if it could eventually lead to a re-naming of the park?

sjhanksaz
03-22-2018, 03:22 PM
I know it's been brought up before but with adding all of these new IP's to the park, DCA is losing more of the "California" in it's name. Wonder if it could eventually lead to a re-naming of the park?

They don't call it Florida Adventure park in Florida.

I liked the California name but I also wonder what they will eventually rename it to?

indiejones33
03-22-2018, 07:51 PM
They don't call it Florida Adventure park in Florida.

I liked the California name but I also wonder what they will eventually rename it to?

It will be called “Disney’s Adventure Park”

Berry Princess
03-25-2018, 10:12 AM

Agree. It may have to have a rename at some point here if they keep going down the IP's only path. Maybe they can just go with that, Disney's IP Adventure.

We love Bugsland and none of my kids are little anymore, yet we always hit it anyway. Heimlich is one of Whistler's favorite attractions. Now, if they'd just let me have the whole ride we'd be happy to take it home with us.

If they let you then I'm coming over to hang out and ride it from time to time. :p

sjhanksaz
03-26-2018, 06:16 AM
I think Tough to be a Bug could be transformed into some sort of Ant Man thing, he hangs out with bugs......

Goodnplenty
03-26-2018, 07:31 AM
The first time I visited Bugs Land I wasn't too impressed with the rides. But the area was absolutely beautiful and fun! There were so many hidden details. But then I learned the way to spin the Lady Bugs really fast and always enjoyed Heimlich's train! And I've been a fan ever since.

I'm hoping it will come here to either Animal Kingdom or Disney Hollywood Studios.

GnP

Blacksheep Uncle
03-31-2018, 06:42 PM
I'm guessing DCA will be renamed IPA: Intellectual Properties Adventure. (But I don't know that removing one IP for another really changesmuch of anything)