PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain to become a double seat ride?

Pages : [1] 2

indiejones33
03-02-2018, 07:41 PM
Just saw someone post on Instagram that once Splash Mountain reopens that the ride vehicles will become double seat log like the version at WDW. They showed the Disneyland app has the logs that way. Don’t know if it’s true or the app has always been that way, but the rumor is out there.

I don’t think it would be an easy process to widen the track to accommodate the extra wide logs...

JPPT1974
03-02-2018, 10:00 PM
Well just hope it will continue to be the same ride as it has been. Maybe for safety reasons perhaps.

candles71
03-02-2018, 10:46 PM
Ugh. I hated the logs in Florida. I had a hip cramp by the time we were off because there was no leg room, and we stopped for several minutes at the first lift hill. I really hope they keep the singles.

cstephens
03-03-2018, 09:52 AM
I don’t think it would be an easy process to widen the track to accommodate the extra wide logs...

Yeah, that's why I think it's a rumour. It's been talked about for some time now, years, but that's the issue. It's not just widening the track, but the structure of the base wasn't built for that. I would think you'd have to rebuild the whole thing. I don't see it happening.

dhcloud
03-07-2018, 02:17 PM
The app has always shown the double seated logs.... I think i first saw someone mention it when the app first came out. But if you search you could probably find someone posting about it around the time the app first showed up.

Berry Princess
03-10-2018, 03:49 PM
Yeah, that's why I think it's a rumour. It's been talked about for some time now, years, but that's the issue. It's not just widening the track, but the structure of the base wasn't built for that. I would think you'd have to rebuild the whole thing. I don't see it happening.

This!! It would be way to much trouble. I know its been mentioned in the past but usually by some asking if we should have logs like that or why can't we. Yet it would take so long to make it possible. At this point I think it would come down to having to rebuild the whole thing to do so and not just widen the track.

I think someone saw the pic on the app and just ran with it assuming its true without looking to see if it was or not....OR they just wanted to spread some rumor. :eyeroll:

3Princesses1Prince
03-14-2018, 01:56 PM
Now the HOJO Facebook page is perpetuating this rumor.

Berry Princess
03-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Now the HOJO Facebook page is perpetuating this rumor.

LOL Its on many sites. Sadly it goes to show how fast a rumor can be spread with the internet.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
03-14-2018, 02:41 PM
We just came back from WDW. I don't see how this would even be possible given the difference in the ride's flume widths between the DL and WDW resorts.

JPPT1974
03-15-2018, 06:55 PM
Thanks Grumpy Goofy Guy as for that report. As really could be impossible for this.

Malcon10t
03-23-2018, 11:36 AM
Maybe they are putting in a loop!

3Princesses1Prince
03-23-2018, 02:24 PM
Yay! A loop!!! :p

potzbie
03-28-2018, 02:56 PM

Or, they are putting up a hotel, there.
...Oh, wait!...My mistake!...
They are adding the loop to Downtown Disney.
:eyeroll:

sjhanksaz
04-04-2018, 07:22 AM
I think there will be a gift shop added right before the climb before the drop.

hlbtimes2
04-17-2018, 10:45 AM
While I agree this is just a rumor....the last seat in the log does hold two people. So, it technically it could be done without rebuilding the ride. But, dang those would be skinny seats. I've never seen two average size adults sitting side by side in the back.

candles71
04-17-2018, 10:51 AM
While I agree this is just a rumor....the last seat in the log does hold two people. So, it technically it could be done without rebuilding the ride. But, dang those would be skinny seats. I've never seen two average size adults sitting side by side in the back.
While the back seat can hold 2, the second person must be under 5'. It isn't truly 2 seats, just that there is room for a small person with most adults. This is not the same width as the side by side 2 seats logs that each seat holds an adult. There is a difference. Quick Google search did not bring up log specs just overall specs of each ride.

Berry Princess
04-17-2018, 11:05 AM
The some what 2 seater in the back was only set up so that an adult could sit with their young child on the ride. It was not meant for 2 adults to ever sit together. Which is why you haven't seen that before. You will only ever see 1 person or an adult with young child next to them. It really would take a lot of work and redoing things for Splash Mtn here to be able to have 2 seats side by side.

cstephens
04-17-2018, 11:13 AM
I really bummed that the rumoured loop didn't actually happen.

candles71
04-17-2018, 12:08 PM
I really bummed that the rumoured loop didn't actually happen.
Right? :p

sjhanksaz
04-18-2018, 09:52 AM
A loop without seat belts, now that would be an adrenaline rush

Dave1313
04-19-2018, 04:22 AM
A loop without seat belts, now that would be an adrenaline rush

Let's be realistic... if they add a loop to Splash, certainly they will add seat belts at the same time! ;) :D :)

sjhanksaz
04-20-2018, 06:54 AM
Let's be realistic... if they add a loop to Splash, certainly they will add seat belts at the same time! ;) :D :)

I was being sarcastic

Dave1313
04-21-2018, 03:07 AM
I was being sarcastic

Me too, hence the triple smileys ;)

potzbie
04-27-2018, 09:56 AM
This summer, I understand DL is adding a loop to the Pixar souvenir popcorn bucket.
:rolleyes:

SteveMartin
04-27-2018, 11:00 AM
This summer, I understand DL is adding a loop to the Pixar souvenir popcorn bucket.
:rolleyes:

Easier to carry that way. :)