PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER: Nighmare Mansion finale question

blusilva
10-08-2001, 12:32 PM
I had read somewhere last week that the mansion was not yet completed.

Is this true? The reason I ask is because the ending of the ride was not quite what I had expected.

Spoilers to follow turn back now:

M

A

K

I

N

G

X

M

A

S

Given that Lock, Shock and Barrel are pictured in the grotto where the hitch-hiking ghosts usually are, I was expecting them to "ride home" with us. However, there were seemingly generic, non-NBC characters in the finale (at least, I didn't recognize them). Does anyone know if that's going to change? Or what the story behind that is?

Ralph Wiggum
10-08-2001, 12:55 PM
I was wondering the same thing. It would make since...3 hitchhikers = Lock, Shock, and Barrel

Mouse
10-08-2001, 12:58 PM
I would assume that they are not going the change the ending because the characters do fit the story. They are toys featured in the movie sent to the kids on Christmas by our friend Jack. How appropriate that these monstrous toys follow us home. To bad they are not very recognizable.

yeo_foxe
10-08-2001, 01:06 PM
The riders are the movie......

Did anyone else notice that one of the riders has a Santa hat on it?

cstephens
10-08-2001, 02:18 PM
I love the new mirror images! I got the skull head on my first trip and the kitty on my second trip yesterday.

yeo_foxe
10-08-2001, 02:49 PM
We got all three! (After six times it's pretty much a given! :D) I'd gone with my niece on saturday.

She always insists we scoot over to give the rider room!

Napsto
10-08-2001, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by yeo_foxe
We got all three! (After six times it's pretty much a given! :D) I'd gone with my niece on saturday.

She always insists we scoot over to give the rider room!

cute!

Cadaverous Pallor
10-08-2001, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by blusilva
Given that Lock, Shock and Barrel are pictured in the grotto where the hitch-hiking ghosts usually are, I was expecting them to "ride home" with us. However, there were seemingly generic, non-NBC characters in the finale (at least, I didn't recognize them).
Ok, if you mean that little area where you see the hitchikers just before the mirrors, then you didn't notice that the toys you end up with were there too. They are jack-in-the-boxes with the different heads (cat, skull, pumpkin). Also, the narration tells you something about taking home these toys.

I thought it was cool. It made sense too, taking home a toy.

blusilva
10-08-2001, 04:22 PM
OK, cool. Thanks, everyone, for the answers. It went by so fast and I was expecting one thing and there was another and my brain doesn't work that quickly. :)

I'm really looking forward to riding it a bunch more times.

Gauchograd99
10-08-2001, 08:53 PM
I am stuck between agreeing with the choice and being annoyed. When I was thinking about NBC, the ghosts going home with you came up as being replaced by Lock, Shock, and Barrel ... but they were not there. At the same time I understand that using a "gift" works better. I kinda wish that Oogie Boogie would have been in there somewhere... maybe in the party room. Imagine seeing Oogie's layer down there or in the saonce room perhaps on the back wall.

Just random thoughs so feel free to ignore these soapbox thoughts. :)

Nigel2
10-08-2001, 09:05 PM
It all depends, if it is set after the movie then it probably wouldn't have OB, but they might be adding him in a few years. Then again either form of him (with bag/cover or not) is probably too expensive to make and look correct, or they ran out of room since he was towards the end anyway. But if order didn't matter he could work in the seance room since its round, make it look like the roulett wheel, some of the shooting slot machines....

mcampisi
10-09-2001, 04:48 PM
The hitchhikers are still there as silouettes (sp?) behind Lock, Shock and Barrel.

Those toys WERE in the movie, just pretty quick during the Making Xmas song I belive.

Hades
10-09-2001, 06:10 PM
You all did notice the hidden Mickey silohette (sp) just before you pick up your "toy" rider? It's there! Don't get dizzy looking for it! (hint, hint! hehehe);)