PDA

View Full Version : Description of DL as told by a hotel directory

spectromen
02-10-2004, 11:52 AM
I had to share this one.
I recently stayed at the Hilton in Woodland Hills and upon glancing through the hotel directory that comes in the desk, found this description of Disneyland:

"Disneyland Park, 714-999-4565. This is no alligator-infested imitation, this is Walt Disney's original fantasy modeled after Copenhagen's Tivoli Gardens. Opened in 1955, the color and charm of the real Magic Kingdom are still pure magic."

I thought it was funny enough that they still had the original phone number prefix (last used circa what....1994 maybe?) but that descriptive sentence took the cake.

TP2000
02-11-2004, 03:02 AM
Hilarious! I also consider WDW to be an alligator infested imitation, and I'm glad there are tour book authors who feel the same way. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Germboy
02-11-2004, 03:17 AM
Obviously not sanctioned by Disney...

Nephythys
02-11-2004, 06:21 AM
Are there alot of alligators at WDW? I mean, I won't see any of them will I?

spectromen
02-11-2004, 10:14 AM
Well, if you ride Peter Pan....hehe...

Sheila
02-11-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Nephythys
Are there alot of alligators at WDW? I mean, I won't see any of them will I?

Well, just because they don't allow folks to swim in Bay Lake, or because there are these vicious rumors that more than one gator has been fished out of the Rivers of America, is no reason to think so. ;) :D

I've never seen one myself, but I don't ever take a plunge into any of the dark water systems at WDW either!

Sheila