PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 Wait List question

cryan71
02-10-2004, 02:35 AM
Is the wait list different if you are applying for a corporate membership?

I've been wondering if the 2 - 4 year waiting period is just for individual memberships and maybe companies wanting membership (limited or full) waited less.

Forbin
02-10-2004, 12:03 PM
2-4 Year sounds about right. Remember that they limit total members and you have to wait for someone to 'leave' the list.

Opus1guy
03-18-2004, 10:48 PM
Those estimates are in the current ballpark, but remember that the waitlist length changes from time to time...often with how well (or not well) the economy is doing.

Your speculation about different wait times for Corporate vs. Individual applicants is somewhat correct. However there are no hard and fast rules to the positioning or priority on the membership waitlist. Generally it's first come, first served. Though often a Full Corporate application will indeed get priority. But if the Corporation wants their full compliment of 10 cards issued right away, even they may have to wait a bit.

If you are referred by an existing respected Member, or if you have met the Club management in person and they like you...you can assume that you may find yourself at the top of the list pretty fast. They are certainly able to do whatever they wish in that regards.

And if you are a new Corporate Alliance partner in the Parks...well you can also imagine some waitlist rules being bent for you pretty darn fast!

Just FYI, the following are the current 2004 membership initiation fees and annual dues. Remember that upon acceptance you have to send in a check for your initiation fee AND your first year's dues. So that first year is quite a big nut!

Corporate - $20,000 initiation fee; $5,725 annual plus $4,375 annual per additional card issued (up to a max of 9 additional cards)

Limited Company - $10,000 initiation fee; $4,375 annual (only one cardholder allowed)

Gold (individuals) - $7,500 initiation fee; $3,025 annual

Silver (individuals) - No longer offered as new memberships (they tried this lower priced "restricted membership" level, but didn't like it), though existing Silvers can maintain their Silver membership for $1,925 annually. Or they can bump-up to Gold without re-waitlisting if they want to pay the difference.

Of course, by the time an applicant clears the waitlist, the above initiation fee and dues are likely to be much higher due to inflation.

The basic differences in price between the Company and Individual types has to do with transferability and number of sub-memberships (Corporate Associates) you may have. Corporate memberships are in the name of the company and stay with the company and are reassigned as executives come and go.

Gold and Silver memberships are individual "person specific" memberships, and are non-transferable. When that person dies or quits their membership the membership goes back to the Club to sell as a new membership. Game Over. You can not pass it on to an heir.

If you are wondering what the difference is between Silvers and Golds...it's a bit like the difference between an Annual Pass and a Premium Annual Pass. Silvers have shorter date windows when they can book in advance with day-of-week restrictions, and limited "Guest Reservation" date windows.

To get on the waitlist, you have to write the Club Manager c/o Disneyland and state your interest and wish for membership. When you finally clear the list, you'll be mailed updated info and prices to join.

I knew someone that sent in his application and 6 years later he cleared the waitlist. Only problem was that at some point during that 6 years, he moved and forgot to notify the Club of his new address! He didn't know that he had cleared the waitlist until after about 8 years of waiting he called the Club and inquired. It's then that he found out they mailed his application 2 years earlier and it was returned! There were no memberships at that time, so he had to go back on the list! But they did give him a top spot and he didn't have to wait too much longer.

Moral of the story if you apply for membership? Don't forget to notify them of any Change Of Address! :)

Regards,
Ken

Freerider127
03-19-2004, 01:54 PM
As of right now the manager said it would be about 6 years.

Cancer Norm
03-19-2004, 02:05 PM
Gold (individuals) - $7,500 initiation fee; $3,025 annual

Holy Smokes! This is outrageous! I guess there is no hope for the common man, like myself to ever get in there! But I guess that's what makes Club 33 so special.....you'll never have to see me in there.:D

For that kind of money, I'd rather get a suite at the Bellagio.

Opus1guy
03-19-2004, 02:19 PM
As of right now the manager said it would be about 6 years.
That could very well be.

With the marked enhancements the new management has been accomplishing and the satisfaction that equates to among the existing membership...I suspect that membership turnover, though never high to begin with, could be reduced even more.

Of course there is always the possibility that they are just "high-balling" the estimate in order to not get expectations up, just in case it does take more time than expected.