PDA

View Full Version : ODV gets rehabs too...

Polar33
02-09-2004, 12:51 PM
I was rather amused to see that the disappearance of two ODV locations made today's Disneyland Update.

To clear up any questions, both locations mentioned in the update are in rehab. Yep, rehabs aren’t just limited to buildings, pavement, attractions, and restrooms...Vending gets them too.

The Moonliner location is having work done on the pneumatic launching system. I believe it's going to return before the end of the month.

Fantasia Freeze is undergoing the yearly preventative maintenance on it's chiller machines. Goofy's Freeze already completed it's PM. It should be returning within the next week or so. Jan/Feb is the ideal time for this work since it's not only slow, it's too cold for most people to want to buy cold drinks.

Also gone is the Cappuccino wagon on Main Street, for a major overhaul. And the Popcorn wagon in Toontown for the same reason. Both are to return before spring break.

olegc
02-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Thanks! My kids will be glad to know that Fantasia Freeze will still be there this summer, and I am glad the Capuccino cart will still be around..

Alex S.
02-09-2004, 05:19 PM
We know they get rehabs, but these two create pretty obvious holes, and not everybody knows they get rehabs.

We couldn't report when they'd be back because we didn't know for sure and found it interesting that the CMs around the coke one weren't admitting they get rehabbed, rather telling us that they don't bring it out on low traffic days.

sediment
02-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Probably just getting a little extra TLC. I'm sure there are other places to buy beverages in the park.

Polar33
02-10-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Alex Stroup
We couldn't report when they'd be back because we didn't know for sure and found it interesting that the CMs around the coke one weren't admitting they get rehabbed, rather telling us that they don't bring it out on low traffic days.

Truth be told, most Vending CMs arn't really kept in the loop on the status of all the wagons unless they take it upon themselves to ask. Those CMs you talked to may truely have believed that Moonliner was pulled because of low attendance. Although that would not be possible in that case due to a contract with Coke that mandates that location to be open for x amount of hours regardless of how many people are (aren't?) in Tomorrowland that day.

Maybe Vending should start listing it's rehabs along with the attractions and the restrooms. :D

ChipmunkStar
02-10-2004, 11:49 AM
So wasn't Churro 1 supposed to be permanently removed? (It's been to long since I was in vending... isn't the castle Churro cart 1?)

I just walked by the castle on Saturday, and saw that it had returned. Anyone? Bueller?

spectromen
02-10-2004, 11:54 AM
And here I thought Matt was finally cleaning up the excessive number of ODV carts out there (no offense to ODV CMs)

Polar, do you know the status of the cotton candy cart that sometimes appears to the left in front of the castle? I wish that one was out more often since nothing beats the taste of CC just after it's been spun.

Polar33
02-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Churros 1 (the one out front of the castle) was rethemed before the holidays to supposedly fit the castle theming better. Although, in my opinion it looks worse than before. The CMs that work it are now handpicked, and wear a special costume, as it is a "high profile" location.

The "fresh" cotton candy wagons may never return because the pre-packaged cotton candy locations are way more cost effective to run, and they create more revenue.

As for cleaning up the excessive number of ODV carts...we have been told on numerous occasions by TDA folks to not send out certain locations anymore due to the excessive nature of it. Back when I hired in there were way more locations out there then there are now, so if anything it's slowly becoming more manageable.

TP2000
02-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Polar33
As for cleaning up the excessive number of ODV carts...we have been told on numerous occasions by TDA folks to not send out certain locations anymore due to the excessive nature of it. Back when I hired in there were way more locations out there then there are now, so if anything it's slowly becoming more manageable.

This is very good news. God Bless Matt Ouimet and Greg Emmer.

spectromen
02-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Good news except about my beloved Cotton Candy cart! AARGH.

Germboy
02-11-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by TP2000
This is very good news. God Bless Matt Ouimet and Greg Emmer.

God Bless Al Lutz. He initiated it, when everyone belittled him. Boy how the tide turns.

marron-cream
02-11-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Germboy
God Bless Al Lutz. He initiated it, when everyone belittled him. Boy how the tide turns.

<applause> :)