PDA

View Full Version : Since we've been doing favourites... favourite DL/DCA sounds or noises?

Pages : [1] 2

CarlieB
02-09-2004, 12:21 PM
DL is obviously a multi-sensory experience. From the moment you walk in, you're surrounded by different sights, smells and sounds.
Some of my favourite memories about DL are attached to sounds rather than sights. Some of my faves:

* The music in Adventureland, as you walk through the entrance from Main Street

* The music in the entrance and queuing area to POTC (I love this - it just adds to my overall experience on a great ride:) )

* The sounds of the Matterhorn (the screams of people on it, as they whiz through the tunnels, and the distant sound of the Abominable Snowman)

* The music in the foyer of the Haunted Mansion (it just adds to some great theming, imho)

There are so many more, but I just can't think of them right now...what sounds/noises do you love to hear at DL or DCA?

Andrew
02-09-2004, 12:27 PM
The "pixie dust" sound the turnstile makes when the CM scans my AP...

"Andrew" the dog in Pirates... (the same sound effect was used in Mary Poppins)

"Your Attention Please. The Disneyland Railroad..." one of the few remaining Jack Wagner voiceovers...

Just a few off the top of my head.

tod
02-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Jack Wagner telling you to keep your seat in English and Spanish.

The beep-beep before a tram or Monorail starts moving.

The warm voice on the Mickey & Friends tram saying we hope you enjoyed your day with us, and we wish you a safe and pleasant journey home.

Hearing Snow White from the Grotto as you enter Fantasyland on the drawbridge.

The Mickey Mouse Club ending of the Parade of the Stars music.

The alternate version of Singin' In the Rain they use on the Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

The whoosh of a Monorail passing overhead by the entrance gates.

--T

ppmuse
02-09-2004, 12:45 PM
"Permene se sintavos, por favor" is always a favorite. The music from the Swiss Family Robinson organ is always awesome. And there's always something about the rain storm in the Tiki Room.

CarlieB
02-09-2004, 12:48 PM
And there's always something about the rain storm in the Tiki Room.

I also love the rainstorm at the Rainforest Cafe...don't know why, but I think it's kind of cool:)

Kevy Baby
02-09-2004, 12:48 PM
"Here is your Golden Pass Mr. Baby"

I've never heard it and doubt I ever will. But if I DO ever hear it, it will be my favorite sound at Disneyland.

Not Afraid
02-09-2004, 01:04 PM
The sound of the Crows.:~D

The organ sound wafting through the front door of the Mansion.

All of the chatter in the alleys of NOS and by the Cone Shop.

The funny little sounds the Mute Swans make.

The sound of the Columbia from the rear part of Hungry Bear.

The ambient sounds around me when I'm resting on the castle drawbridge.

CoasterMatt
02-09-2004, 03:37 PM
the yip yip yip of the coyotes at Big Thunder

The sounds from the voodoo lady's place in NOS

the sound of Lagniappe leading a bunch of us in a rousing chorus of "A Pirate's Life For Me"

JenGood008
02-09-2004, 04:07 PM
I also love the sounds coming out of the windows on Main Street and off of the balconies in NOS. Have you ever stopped to listen to the party going on on the other side of the train tracks? Another fav. is the voodoo queen. I have to make a special trip to see her every time!

sediment
02-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Whistle of BTMRR. I used to be able to scream it on the ride, but now it's too high (or possibly my range has shrunken).

motoxmagicdca
02-09-2004, 04:42 PM
the whole elevator speil in the haunted mansion

mountainrange
02-09-2004, 06:41 PM
" We want the redhed, We want the redhed!!"
"Show em' yer larbard side darlin'"
;)

BELLEH5
02-09-2004, 10:49 PM
I love the sounds of:

- Peter Pan's Flight
-the clock on it's a small world
-the noises in the gag factory
-the goat :crying: BTM

I love the smells of:

-the inside of POTC & IASW (when i need some disney magic, I
(stick my head in the ice maker at work)
-main st. candy

Main Street Magic
02-10-2004, 04:56 AM
Of course everyone who has posted has really great sounds.......so let me go off the deep end here and post one that will always remind me of DL.......that would be the sound of the witch in Snow White's Adventure as she says "Have an apple, dearie!"

Why you ask? Because as a CM I spent many a day sitting in the break area behind the attraction, sipping cokes and hearing that every few seconds.

Most of my other favorite sounds would go on the Yesterdayland web site. Sounds like: Wally Boag firing his six shooter as he entered the Golden Horseshoe; the sounds of the DL marching band as they marched up Main Street or played somewhere in the park.

danyoung
02-10-2004, 05:09 AM
One of my favorite sounds is sadly a yesteryear feature - the great Thurl Ravenscroft saying "and no smoking, please. The smoking lamp is out."

I like to spend a few minutes in Snow White's grotto, long enough to listen to at least one complete version of the song, and see how many (if any) of the frog fountains are working.

And I always enjoy the music tracks that play throughout Main Street. I have several of these tracks on cd's, and they never fail to put me in a great mood.

Nice thread!

hefferdude
02-10-2004, 06:42 AM
The whistles of the Mark Twain and any of the DLRR engines.
The musty smell on the porch of the Haunted Mansion.
The seasonal songs played in que for Haunted Mansion Holiday.
The sight of the steam from the twin stacks of the Mark Twain.
The view of the ELP from the cable cars immediatley after passing thru the Matterhorn.
The opening spot beams of Fantasmic.
The Disneyland Marching Band.
Snow Whites grotto at night right after it rains.

mad4mky
02-10-2004, 07:33 AM
The cookie baking smell walking down Main Street

The popcorn smell that just seems to be 'every where' in the park

The musty smell of Pirates

The NOS noises from the balconies

The Train whistle...and the telegraph 'tick-ticking' at the NOS Train Station

The Shooting Arcade sounds

The music of Peter Pan as you stroll by

The Haunted Mansion organ as you enter through the door

The "When you wish upon a Star" music when you walk through the castle (gives me chills EVERY time!)

The 'quiet' when you go through the Big Thunder Mountain Trail...especially in the evenings, when it is dark...quiet...and soooo uncrowded

Gemini Cricket
02-10-2004, 07:59 AM
Favorite sounds:

* The clicking noise the boats make going up the hill in Splash Moutain.

* (With all due respect to the tragedy that happened...) The clacking sounds the Big Thunder Railroad makes when it takes a turn. (I think it's a recording but am not sure.)

* The sounds the clock makes at It's a Small World right before the children come parading out...

* The clarniet (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that plays solo as your boat comes up the last hill in Pirates of the Caribbean.

* The clacking the AA birds make in the Tiki Room.

* The way the Disneyland Railroad train sounds when it goes over your head when you stand under the bridge in Critter Country.

* The wind and the snowman growls you can hear if you're standing near the Matterhorn.

* That humming the Monorails make.

* That weird 1960's sounding space sound effect you hear in line inside Space Moutain.

* The telegraph noise at the Frontierland RR Station.

* The noise the water fans make during Fantasmic!.

* The bag pipes inside the Haunted Mansion. (It's just downright eerie to me for some reason.)

* The horseshoes clomping down Main Street.

* The 'shwooping' sound the Pirates boats make when they arrive at Laffite's Landing (and that goes for the Splash logs too).

* All of the wildlife noises you can hear in the bushes on Big Thunder Trail.

* The drums you can hear in areas of Adventureland.

I guess that's all I can think of for now...
:)

mad4mky
02-10-2004, 08:09 AM
I forgot one...that I love...

I just love to stand...and watch the Evil Queen open her curtains and look out on us below....gives me the 'willies' every time! :D

Photographer
02-10-2004, 09:06 AM
I love to hear the recording as you pass under the railroad and into DL.

Tarzan doing his yell during the parade. ;)

All the Jungle Cruise jokes

the little green man going off script at Buzz Lightyear's show

the smell over at Jungle Cruise

scent of a bakery on Main Street

danyoung
02-10-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
* The clarniet (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that plays solo as your boat comes up the last hill in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yup, it's a clarinet. And I got a chill as I read that, as this is one of my fav sounds, too!

MotorBoat Cruiser
02-10-2004, 04:42 PM
"Carlos, don't be cheeeekin"

"...to find a way out!"

The Jazz of New Orleans Square

Rod Miller

The chimes before the Star Tours doors open

CoasterMatt
02-10-2004, 08:26 PM
a loud "discharge" after I quickly chug through a launched bottle of Coke :~D

The wonderful sound of Bob Gurr's ingeniously designed Autopia cars smashing together

the "shocker" door at the Powerhouse in Toontown

DisneyFan25863
02-10-2004, 08:34 PM
The beep beep of the trams, mono's.

The Disneyland Railroad Announcement

The Clarinet Solo on Pirates

Flitterin' (the main song on Main Street)

The sounds in the Jungle Cruise/Indy quenes :)

disneydreams
02-10-2004, 08:58 PM
SOUNDS
-Main Street Area Music (Full Loop)
-IASW Clock
-Snow White's Grotto "I'm Wishing"
-Peter Pan's Flight queue
-HM Foyer (Organ)
-"Pst! Avast there! It be too late to alter course maties, and there be plunderin' pirates lurking in every cove, waitin' to board. Sit closer together, keep your ruddy hands inboard, that be the best way to repel boarders. and mark well me words maties, Dead men, Tell no tales..hehehehe...Ye come seekin' adventure n' salty pirates eh?" etc. etc.
-Mad Tea Party
-NOS/Frontierland station's clicking telegraph
-"Remain seated please, Permanacer sentados Por Favor."
-DLRR Main Street Train Announcement "Your attention please, the Disneyland limited, is now arriving.." blah lah
-PotC: Harpsichord
-Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse Area (what instrument was that? like an organ?)
-clicking noise from BTMRR and Splash
-Sleeping Beauty Castle (when you walk through it)
-F! beginning "Imagination...!!" up to Mickey's little water dance and Finale

-that's all I can think of right now. :fez:

SCENTS
-PotC
-Main Street Train
-Candy Palace
-Churro...