PDA

View Full Version : Fact Or Rumor???

GoldenEars
10-07-2001, 10:10 PM
Is it really true that both Animazement and Steps In Time will be gone for good on October 14th and October 28th? I know Disney is cutting back on a lot right now but, why are they getting rid of two musical stage shows and NOT replacing them with anything right away? To be honest, when I go to either Park, I usually end up going only to see the stage shows. Even tho they both may have some bad points to it, they are still enjoyable to watch.

I can't imagine both theatres being dark until spring/summer. Why don't they do *Mickey's Nutcracker* for the holidays at the Hyperion or even the Fantasyland Theatre? And why hasn't Al said anything about these shows being axed?

Anyway, if anyone knows some *facts* about these shows, plz let me know. I want to make sure I'm there for the very last performances!!

Thanks~
Patrick :o)

akacl
10-07-2001, 11:48 PM
Yes its true from what I heard, but hyperion will be getting a new show. It has to do with percussions and other instruments. I dont really know the details.......Also Fantasmic will not return till summer, and I heard from a tech on the parade route in DCA that the Eureka parade will not run after Thanksgiving until summer also. But there will be a water show. The Electric parade will still go on (so far) and during the Christmas weeks, DCA will hand out 3d glasses, because I was told they will add some new lights on the floats that add extra sparkle and so on......

stan4d_steph
10-08-2001, 03:44 PM
The glasses sounds like what they hand out at MGM for the Osbourne Family Light Spectacular (not sure if that's exactly the
right name). The galsses basically create a halo effect around a point source of light, like a bulb. It's kind of trippy, but in no way 3-D, the glasses are just the same type of paper with plastic lenses like 3-D glasses used to be. However, this is just speculation on my part.

I wish they would have done a stage show for DL based around the Mansion refab. The description of the little show they did for the Enchanted Evening sounded like a good start. Oh well.

Napsto
10-08-2001, 03:45 PM
i am gld steps in time is good. it was useless.

Cadaverous Pallor
10-08-2001, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by DsneNut
I know Disney is cutting back on a lot right now but, why are they getting rid of two musical stage shows and NOT replacing them with anything right away?
You answered your own question. They are cutting back right now. Hiring dancers/choreographers/stage decorators/music composers/costumers/etc is expensive. No one knows when the new "Blast!" show is supposed to open at the Hyperion (I bet even the execs haven't decided on that one).

It's all about saving money right now in an attempt to not be drowned by the failure of DCA.

GoldenEars
10-08-2001, 04:36 PM
The Hyperion Theatre deserves a really good Broadway style stage show...with lots of lavish sets, great costumes, high energy dancing, and lots of singing! What I've heard about *BLAST* is that it's nothing like a typical Disney stage show. If I want to hear a bunch of instruments being played, I can go to the local high school talent show. Come on, let's get creative and do something that will really bring in the people. Why do we always have to get the *left overs* from Florida? I'd rather see *SIT* than having to sit thru *BLAST!*

Side Bar...I know Disney is trying to cut back (BIG TIME) on entertainment and costs but, when things get better, then it will be time to create an original lavish Broadway style musical.

Patrick:D

zapppop
10-08-2001, 07:07 PM
I thought the name " Steps In Time " was misleading.

I was expecting this fairy godmother ( with an attitude :rolleyes: ) would take this kid on a trip through time and have a few short adventures in various lands, and maybe throw in a song or two.

Instead, all they did was sing and dance to same songs we've all heard a million times already and nothing happened.

Who's the genius that cooked up this stinker ?

I haven't seen Blast yet. Hope it's not as bad.

DisneyFreak2000
10-08-2001, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
Who's the genius that cooked up this stinker ?

Ann Cheeseburger. The funny thing about SIT is when people analyze it. My mom, for instance, started analyzing it saying "they got the name because the kid had to go through steps in his life realizing that time is as good in the present day than in the future." I started luaghing and said that it was a song.

Nigel2
10-08-2001, 09:29 PM
If I remember correctly the shows that they put on in Fantasyland theater take a long time to change since they have to build the sets, cast dancers, singers, write a soundtrack...and don't forget they have to take everything down. Also they need a movie (usually) for a stage show plot. But I really like Mickey's Nutcracker, and I have one of the original ones (they weigh a ton) and oddly enough a local store had them for about half the price of what the park charged ($50) so that's how I got one. I also rememberd them showing it on disney chanel a long time ago.