PDA

View Full Version : Not realistic -> TOT

ppmuse
02-09-2004, 07:05 AM
Those of you who have been to WDW, what do you think of the pictures of TOT at Disneyland? The pictures I've seen don't seem to real to me. Not sure if it's because I

MonorailMan
02-09-2004, 08:09 AM
While the purple of our building irks me, I do like the fact, that the way that it looks like the building "broke off", can now be seen.

I really like the wallpaper around the elevator doors.

My one beef also woth WDW's TOT, is that, for some odd reason, there are elevator doors behind the sign. Does that make any sence?

(I'm talking from a story standpoint) :)

imagineerhopeful
02-09-2004, 10:48 AM
The pictures I've seen don't seem to real to me.

Hmm.. What are you comparing to? How many hotels-struck-by lighting-with-exposed-elevator-shafts have you actually seen?

By all means, the ToT could be as close as it gets to realism.

Andrew
02-09-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by imagineerhopeful
Hmm.. What are you comparing to? How many hotels-struck-by lighting-with-exposed-elevator-shafts have you actually seen?

Er, two.

imagineerhopeful
02-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Real ones... :|

tahnok100
02-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Actually, the DCA tower is much more realistic in the respect that it looks more like the hotels you find in the real Hollywood. I also like the fact that the sign is smaller and a lot more like a hotel sign. The purple, however, I could do without. Though I have been told that lighting strikes do sometimes result in purple, I still like the black charred look of WDW.

Andrew
02-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by tahnok100
The purple, however, I could do without. Though I have been told that lighting strikes do sometimes result in purple, I still like the black charred look of WDW.

I expect the garish purple to fade over time--probably not even very much time--but I agree, the paint design on the WDW version looks more realistic.

disneydude
02-09-2004, 03:31 PM
I also think that it looks more realistic, but it doesn't look very scary to me.

zapppop
02-09-2004, 06:13 PM
Perhaps it might look better with proper lighting ?

http://members.aol.com/lunerds/blurrytotlitsign.jpg
photo © 2004 cemeinke
Friday the sign will be officially lit!

HollywoodTower
02-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by tahnok100
The purple, however, I could do without. Though I have been told that lighting strikes do sometimes result in purple, I still like the black charred look of WDW.

The lightning damage in Orlando's Tower is also purple. The color of the building itself makes it less obvious but it is purple nontheless.Tower Picture (http://www.mouseinfo.com/photo/showphoto.php/photo/393/password//sort/1/cat/500/page/1)

disneydreams
02-10-2004, 01:45 PM
man I wish it was more on the darker pinkish color like WDW.

at WDW, the lighting damage is purple (duh) but it has a little black in the middle and faint gray/green (?).

The main thing about the lighting damage that bothers me at DCA, is that it goes straight across the hotel, cuz the one at WDW, it does look more real cuz it's more circular surrounding the spot where you know the exact spot where the lightning hit the hotel.

I wanna watch the ToT movie again :D

HollywoodTower
02-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by disneydreams
The main thing about the lighting damage that bothers me at DCA, is that it goes straight across the hotel, cuz the one at WDW, it does look more real cuz it's more circular surrounding the spot where you know the exact spot where the lightning hit the hotel.

Actually, the lightning damage in DCA makes more sense. The "damage" at WDW is shown where there should have been part of the shafts before the lightning strike. It is just like how their sign makes no sense either. The "damage" here at DCA shows where the blast made the elevator shafts disappear.