PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite land?

Pages : [1] 2

Caleb the Great
02-08-2004, 11:38 AM
Me and my dad were talking about favorite lands and I thougth it would make a good thread. Our favorite land is New Orleans Square.
What is yours?

Andrew
02-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Tomorroland, ca. 1994.

Oh, I have to pick a current one? In that case, Liberty Square. Mmm, Columbia Harbor House...

wood_is_mine
02-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Can't chosoe between New Orleans Square and Adventure Land.

CarlieB
02-08-2004, 12:02 PM
New Orleans Square and Frontierland:)

cryan71
02-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Frontierland -- love the woods.

DisneyFan25863
02-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Tomorrowland, 1994 (I remember going there when I was like 4).

I actually still like the whole idea of Tomorrowland the best, with Frontierland in a close second.

02-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Adventureland!

Tigertail777
02-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Even before Indy, its always been adventureland. I love the tiki room, I love jungle Cruise. I used to love Swiss family tree house... but the tarzan version is pretty tough on my athsma. I just really love the overall feeling of visiting someplace tropical far away. And now, I also love Indy... a very worthy addition to the old Adventureland of my youth, just the que alone is tops!

Second place is a bit of a tie between Fantasyland (Alice is one of my top rides), and New Orleans square (pirates is my all time fave ride bar none).

MotorBoat Cruiser
02-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Before the "renovation", it would have to have been tomorrowland, especially in the 70's and 80's. The place was so alive with movement from every direction. You had boats and rockets and skycars and subs and cars and monorails and peoplemovers all going at the same time. When I was little, we always went there first and stayed for quite a while because there was so much to do. Then, we would work in a counter clockwise direction around the castle to the other lands.

That was then.

Now, I have to say that it is a toss up between New Orleans Square and Main Street. NOS is beautiful to walk through, especially at night. The Jazz music in the area always adds something special too.

Then there is Main Street. I absolutely love walking down Main Street right after the park opens. The sunlight and the morning air really signifies that a special day is ahead. It is a very welcoming place. Later in the evening as the sun is setting and the lights are coming on, it takes on a whole different atmosphere that is equally as charming.

UncleGDogWord
02-08-2004, 01:58 PM
TL and Pre Pooh Critter Country.

SacTown Chronic
02-08-2004, 02:25 PM
NOS and Adventureland

cheshire cat
02-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Since it has my two favorite attractions (Pirates and Haunted Mansion), my favorite land has to be New Orleans Square.

3IdAlienKid
02-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Definitely Tomorrowland right after Space Mountain went in. But since the '98 renovation (which had some good stuff and some not so good), I'd have to say I like Frontierland the best. It still has the most atmosphere for me.

disneydreams
02-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Adventureland (Bengal, Indy, JC, Dole whip... :D )

NOS (PotC, Disney Gallery, and the overall atmosphere)

MAIN STREET (would that be considered a land?)
cuz if so, it's my most FAVORITE land
Don't need a reason why it's a favorite, it just is :fez:

Mickeyslittlehelper
02-08-2004, 03:41 PM
I like all of the lands, but if I had to choose, Adventureland first thing in the morning or late at night.

Saratoga75
02-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Adventureland and New Orleans Square

Use to be Tomorrowland, (May 1998- 2000) after the renovation, until Rockets Rod's closed in Sept 2000.

sediment
02-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Tomorrowland, since it has so much potential. And the crowds are a lot lighter.

Photographer
02-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Fantasyland
especially during the holidays, it's very pretty

mad4mky
02-10-2004, 07:39 AM
Is Main Street USA considered a land?

If so...that would be mine.

Adventureland 2nd.

Least...Toontown. I don't like the place, and would be happy never to walk into it again. :(

DisneyFan25863
02-10-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by mad4mky

Least...Toontown. I don't like the place, and would be happy never to walk into it again. :(

Same here. Heck, I don't think I've stepped in there since April (and that was because I HAD to :D)

disneydreams
02-10-2004, 07:00 PM
Mom forces me to go to Toontown to take pictures with Mickey (Steamboat Willie or Sorcerer Mickey), Minnie, and Santa Goofy (holiday). EERRRG

I honestly would consider Main Street as a land, b/c it has its own theme. The other lands (Frontierland, Adventureland, etc.) have their own theme. Main Street has its own theme too! Inspired by Walt's hometown, Marceline, Missouri. (yeah...) ;). It wouldn't be a land if it didn't have all that turn-of-the-century, Meredith-Willson's-The Music Man-like kind of touch to it. If it wasn't a land, it wouldn't be unique. :)

JasPadres
02-10-2004, 07:45 PM
new orleans square without a doubt threre is nothing better than a summer night relaxing and over looking the rivers of america.

sleepyjeff
02-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Tomorrowland 1986-87: America Sings, Mission to Mars, Captain EO, Space Mt., both floors of the Starcade, Star Tours, People Mover, Rocket Jets, CircleVision, The Submarine Voyage, SkyWay, so many Monorails that one was usually waiting next to the Matterhorn for another to leave the station,TL Autopia, and the TL station of the DL RailRoad.

Down a very long and slippery slope in less than a score of years:

TL 2004: Innowhatever, Honey I shrunk the Audiance(duel meaning), Autopia(home of the longest FP line), The Disneyland Monorail(brought to you by 3-M), and the TL station of the DL RR.

So now I guess my fav. land would have to be Yesterdayland;)

ToursbabeC3po
02-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Tomorrowland when there are rides there LOL. But then I am a little partial because I work there ;)

mamabot
02-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Adventureland is great, has my favorite ride, but I have always considered it to be a mini-land in terms of the number of attractions.

New Orleans Square is by far the best of the lands. So much to explore and experience.