PDA

View Full Version : Price hike winter 2018

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

olegc
01-31-2018, 12:00 PM
So speculation out there is the price hike is coming on Feb 11. I can't recall the strategy but if I renew April 26th then there's nothing I can do except buy a gift card or voucher now for a "new" pass, let mine expire, and get another. Is that right?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

tea4two
01-31-2018, 08:35 PM
If you let your current pass expire, you will lose any renewal discount. Depending on whether there actually is a price hike and what the increase is, your renewal discount may be bigger than the increase amount. This has happened to us in the past. We save up gift cards throughout the year to apply to our renewals. Those plus any renewal discount can really add up when we hit the ticket booth.

tea4two
01-31-2018, 09:22 PM
By the way, where did you hear about the 2/11 price hike?

olegc
01-31-2018, 10:04 PM
By the way, where did you hear about the 2/11 price hike?It was a tweet - but according to some historic tracking the timing looked right.
Tweet - https://twitter.com/DisneyDragon/status/958743167011966976

And a site
http://www.mousemonthly.com/ultimate-disney-guides/disneyland-resort-annual-passes/ap-price-history/

candles71
01-31-2018, 10:27 PM
Sam's club carries discounted gift cards. It's like 142 for 150 worth. You can also save 5% on them at Target with their red card (debit or credit). Not a huge savings but anything helps right?

tea4two
01-31-2018, 10:53 PM
It was a tweet - but according to some historic tracking the timing looked right.
Tweet - https://twitter.com/DisneyDragon/status/958743167011966976

And a site
http://www.mousemonthly.com/ultimate-disney-guides/disneyland-resort-annual-passes/ap-price-history/,,,

Interesting... There have been murmurs on other boards, but so far no one has posted anything this definite.

And along the line of 'any savings helps': the renewal discount + gift cards covered half my AP cost last year. Nothing to sneeze at, that's for sure.

olegc
01-31-2018, 11:06 PM
Interesting... There have been murmurs on other boards, but so far no one has posted anything this definite.

And along the line of 'any savings helps': the renewal discount + gift cards covered half my AP cost last year. Nothing to sneeze at, that's for sure.So do u all just get gift cards whenever? Or when there is a promotion? I know I buy some now and then at WoD to cover validation on parking but then I use the $$ in the parks.

tea4two
01-31-2018, 11:58 PM
We ask for gift cards for birthdays and holiday gifts. And we pick them up at WOD and during promotions, too. (Target always has gift card promotions on Black Friday. Or those promotions where you buy X, Y, or Z and get a free gift card as a bonus -- those Target cards can be saved up and used to buy Disney gift cards!) The trick is not to spend them right away! In CA, Disney gift cards don't expire, so they can be saved up for when your renewal window opens. I know someone who budgets to pick up a gift card or two whenever she makes her Target or WalMart runs. Those cards go in the AP savings box. It really adds up to quite a bit at the end of a year. When buying APs for a family, it can take some of the sting out of the final tab.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
02-05-2018, 10:35 AM
Anybody know when buying vouchers what "activate by" date right is no them right now? I don't think they don't have AP gift cards anymore? Haven't seen them anywhere for over a year.

tea4two
02-06-2018, 12:11 AM
Someone posted that their ticket vouchers have an expiration date in Jan. 2019. So about a year from when they were purchased.

olegc
02-06-2018, 07:10 AM
I think vouchers have been discussed before but I must be confused. When I buy tickets it seems they want a date I will be using them. Vouchers imply no set date of use, only expiration. Is there a specific way to purchase vouchers?

GrumpyGoofyGuy
02-06-2018, 07:14 AM
Someone posted that their ticket vouchers have an expiration date in Jan. 2019. So about a year from when they were purchased.

Thanks. Boy-I need to proof read my posts better. LOL!:p

3Princesses1Prince
02-06-2018, 12:27 PM
I think vouchers have been discussed before but I must be confused. When I buy tickets it seems they want a date I will be using them. Vouchers imply no set date of use, only expiration. Is there a specific way to purchase vouchers?

The only date specific tickets are 1 day tickets. Even then if you use them a different date than specified I think you can just pay the difference if it’s a more expensive day.

candles71
02-06-2018, 12:32 PM
The only date specific tickets are 1 day tickets. Even then if you use them a different date than specified I think you can just pay the difference if it’s a more expensive day. This

Ryan120420
02-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Anybody know when buying vouchers what "activate by" date right is no them right now? I don't think they don't have AP gift cards anymore? Haven't seen them anywhere for over a year.

I bought an Annual Pass about 3 weeks ago and the voucher said it expired 1 year from the date of purchase.

When I redeemed my voucher at the park, my Annual Pass was given a expiration date 1 year from the date of my first visit to the parks and NOT the date of the AP voucher purchase.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
02-06-2018, 07:24 PM
I bought an Annual Pass about 3 weeks ago and the voucher said it expired 1 year from the date of purchase.

When I redeemed my voucher at the park, my Annual Pass was given a expiration date 1 year from the date of my first visit to the parks and NOT the date of the AP voucher purchase.

Thanks!

GrumpyGoofyGuy
02-10-2018, 06:58 AM
Why is it that the WDW price increases have been made available to the public for several days now, and there's "0" information on the DL increases?

olegc
02-10-2018, 07:31 AM
Why is it that the WDW price increases have been made available to the public for several days now, and there's "0" information on the DL increases?Much more impact on APs crowd due to total numbers and it would create a massive crowd for purchases/renewals. This way they catch folks by surprise and keep the crowds down.

AVP
02-10-2018, 12:34 PM
Why is it that the WDW price increases have been made available to the public for several days now, and there's "0" information on the DL increases?I don't believe there has been official confirmation of new WDW prices, though I've seen several sites have published unconfirmed numbers. Any site that is publishing official numbers provided to them by Disney would be breaking an embargo.

AVP

olegc
02-10-2018, 07:17 PM
Well - u can't buy tickets in the app at 8:13 pm. Changes in the works.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
02-10-2018, 09:09 PM
Website still has the old prices up, but won't let me complete the purchase. Crap.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
02-10-2018, 09:26 PM
Went through using internet explorer. Wouldn't go through with Chrome. 2 Signature passes with Maxpass.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
02-10-2018, 09:54 PM
Problem however. Shows that the passes are already linked and activated on my mobile app and only valid for 1 year from today. What the heck? We won't be going until December and were going to activate them then. I thought these always started from when your first visit was? Guess I'll need to call, and hopefully they can either change this or refund the passes.

currence
02-10-2018, 11:05 PM
Check your ap again tomorrow. It may be that they will continue to show that they are good for one year from "today" until you actually activate them. If tomorrow it shows that it is only valid for one year from yesterday, then definitely call.

tea4two
02-11-2018, 04:20 AM
So the new prices are up. Does anyone know if the renewal discounts were changed in any way? Or if the price for Max Pass (daily or AP add on) went up at all?