PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney

Joeknows
02-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Latest rumor I heard is that a miniture golf course is going to be built behind Rainforest Cafe in the parking lot. Also have heard from management, that cast memebers parking in simba lot may have to park at katella in the near future because Downtown Disney is expanding into the lot. This would be great if it means a pleasure island type of district is coming to our resort. It must be big if it's going to effect the whole parking lot. I think it would be a great addition seeing as there's no real night life in the area.

Andrew
02-07-2004, 09:25 PM
Ooh, a West Coast Pleasure Island-style area would be a wonderful addition to Downtown Disney. We could get our very own Adventurer's Club!

CoasterMatt
02-07-2004, 09:49 PM
KUNGALOOSH!!!

David R
02-08-2004, 07:54 AM
Kungaloosh indeed! I'd give anything for an Adventurer's Club out here.

Snappyjo
02-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by David R
Kungaloosh indeed! I'd give anything for an Adventurer's Club out here.

Yea, why don't we have an Adventurer's club here?

Kevy Baby
02-09-2004, 07:53 PM
For those of us who can't seem to get out of Southern California and experience other parts of the world, what is "Adventurers Club"?

PapiBear
02-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Or, they could fix the problems in the Magic Kingdom and redesign the weaker elements of DCA instead of spending money on yet another expansion project.

SoCalDisneyLover
02-09-2004, 09:50 PM
Adventurer's Club is kind of hard to describe. I'm sure someone here can do a better job than me. Kind of a Live Improvisation Act in a bar setting. I think a Kungaloosh is a drink, if I'm not mistaken. It's great fun! I truly wish they had one here. I'd be a frequent visitor.

danyoung
02-10-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Kevy Baby
For those of us who can't seem to get out of Southern California and experience other parts of the world, what is "Adventurers Club"?

Adventurers Club is located on Pleasure Island, a club district in the Downtown Disney area of WDW. It's the kind of club you might have seen in the early 1900's in one of the British colonies in Africa. Lots of memorabilia on the walls, and lots of somewhat eccentric regulars (played by talented cast members) who have loud discussions with each other and the guests. Lots of society talk, discussions of the latest hunt, etc. It's a very interactive environment, where you are easily involved with the storyline of the regulars. It's a lot of fun, as long as you're not just looking for a quiet bar to relax in.

Photographer
02-10-2004, 06:44 AM
Kungaloosh is how Adventure Clubbers greet each other. There's a whole physical aspect that goes along with it. You learn this when you're "inducted" into the club.

It's a scripted yet somewhat improvised "show" depending on the audience and how much the actors are playing at the moment. It's great fun. I went 3 times in November.

Kevy Baby
02-10-2004, 08:43 AM
Sounds like fun. However, I too would rather see the money spent on existing. But thats just wishful thinking.