PDA

View Full Version : No Aladdin on Feb. 21st and 22nd... why... Cheerleaders!

Darkbeer
02-07-2004, 08:50 PM
Well, we all know that Snow White is coming to the Wonderbra theater on February 23rd, so what do you do with a major Cheerleading competition scheduled for the weekend of February 21st:confused:

(No wonder Hotel rates are higher than normal)....

Take over the Hyperion... Aladdin folks get the weekend off...:~D

And the perky folks invade the building:fez:

Pirate Girl
02-07-2004, 09:55 PM
I remember spending a rather interesting day at Disneyland while there was a cheerleading compitition going on 2 years ago. It was definatly interesting. Everywhere you looked it was a sea of curly ponytails. Not to mention the fact that there were a lot more smiles that normal. Don't get me wrong, Disneyland = Smiles. But don't their cheeks hurt???? :fez:

Andrew
02-07-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Pirate Girl
Not to mention the fact that there were a lot more smiles that normal. Don't get me wrong, Disneyland = Smiles. But don't their cheeks hurt???? :fez:

I don't think they have a choice (http://www.biblio.unimib.it/intra/images/joker.gif).

adriennek
02-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
(No wonder Hotel rates are higher than normal)....

Actually, the reason hotel rates are higher is that there's a big convention in town that weekend. It takes up the Convention Center and the ballrooms and meeting rooms of the 4 convention center hotels (actually, I can check my tickets and see how many hotels I'm scheduled to go to, but in the past it's been in all four.) The Marriott and Hilton sell out every year months in advance of that weekend.

Adrienne

TheatreTech
02-07-2004, 10:27 PM
My sister's school will be there. Not that she's a cheerleader, but they'll be there.

MonorailMan
02-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Ahh. Yes. I was there last year.

All I seem to remember though, was this group of brats who ended up sitting next to me on Star Tours, and talking the entire time.

:mad:

Polar33
02-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the warning Darkbeer. Although there isn't enough time to put in for time off for that weekend, you just gave me plenty of time to buy asprin and earplugs.

And I suggest that anyone else with plans to be in the park that weekend do the same.

Forbin
02-08-2004, 01:44 AM
Oh gadz the cheerleaders...last time I was there all I saw was 3000 giggling girls. I think I'll sit out that weekend.

seattlemom
02-08-2004, 05:03 AM
Are the cheerleaders there the 28th and 29th too? Because there's no Aladdin showing on that weekend too according to the website.

Darkbeer
02-08-2004, 05:14 AM
My Guess..

Give me a "D"...

Give me a "C"...

Give me an "A"..

What's that spell?...

More attendance for DCA....:fez:
(YEP!!!)

David R
02-08-2004, 07:51 AM
Ugh. While in college, we all hated "cheerleading camp" during the summer. There would be girls running everywhere and doing their cheers even as early as 7:30 am, waking us up. Eventually the university set up a policy of not cheering around the dorms before 9 am.

Having said that, we decided to spend a night at the Paradise Pier on Sunday the 22nd and we were able to get the $59/night rate. Otherwise we wouldn't stay, it's not like it's a long drive for us (about 40 mins) Not looking forward to the cheerleaders, but hopefully they'll be too busy during finals or something.