PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite place to eat?

Caleb the Great
02-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Yesterday me and my dad were talking about are favorite places to eat in disneyland.His is the mexican food place in fronterland and mine is the clam chowder and gumbo place next to POTC.
what is yours?

sleepyjeff
02-06-2004, 10:06 PM
What a yummy idea for a thread.

Favorite of all time....Monorail Cafe(gone, but never forgotten)

Favorite now would have to be the Blue Bayou.......just wish they would stop adding tables to the Dining Room-----I remember when it was much more intimate and quiet; with lot's of elbow room. :eek:

Disneyfreak
02-06-2004, 10:23 PM
I hate that mexican place next to big thunder. It has no taste. I wish that the big thunder bbq would make a return with the tehitian terrace. But currently I love the clam chowder at DCA, Redd Rockets, and Blue Bayou the most.

sambo
02-06-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by sleepyjeff

Favorite now would have to be the Blue Bayou.......just wish they would stop adding tables to the Dining Room-----I remember when it was much more intimate and quiet; with lot's of elbow room. :eek:

Wow! That's exactly what I was thinking..

Monorail Cafe, and now Blue Bayou.

sambo
02-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by sleepyjeff

Wow! That's exactly what I was thinking..

Monorail Cafe, and now Blue Bayou.

Next would be Yamabuki... Mmmmm - Sashimi...

MotorBoat Cruiser
02-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Personally, my favorite has become White Water Snacks in the Grand Californian Hotel. I also like Blue Bayou but can't afford to go as often as I would like.

Photographer
02-07-2004, 07:02 AM
I like the Riverbelle when they are not "currently receiving provisions". Good breakfast, lunch and dinner. I favor the clam chowder and turkey dinner.

Beware of pooping crows. :mad:

PsychDoc
02-07-2004, 07:43 AM
I remember when my husband would take our oldest daughter over the the Big Thunder BBQ and get lunch while I waited in line for BTM. By the time I got off the ride, he had my BBQ chicken salad and iced tea waiting for me. Now that's love. Watching the kids so I could go on a ride and having lunch waiting for me. I really miss that place. Now I enjoy going to Blue Bayou, mainly for the atmosphere. But the service and even the food aren't as up to par as they used to be. I had the privildge (again thanks to my husband) of dining at Club 33 with my sister this past October. It was a dream. The best food, view and ambiance. It was well worth the money because I'll probally never eat there again. I also really like Red Rocket's Pizza Port. Great food, huge portions and the prices aren't too bad compared to other DL sites. But I think one of my new favorites is Ariels Gratto. For a very reasonable price (not even compared to DL, just in general) you get a full meal, great view, atmosphere and characters! I love sitting outside on the water. We've eaten there probally 5 times and we always seem to get the same table and I think even the same servers. The girls that work there are so sweet. I also love "Magic Morning Breakfast" with Pooh (yes, I know it's no longer MM, but I'm not giving up hope that it'll come back some day). It is pretty pricey, but my kids love the Pooh characters. My baby goes crazy for Eyore; even when she was 5 months old she was rubbing her face in his ears. She's not scared at all. She gets so excited, sqeeling and flapping her arms; it's totally worth the small business loan I have to take out to eat there. And of course the snacks, the popcorn in front of HM and churros by SW. I know that it's the same all over the park, but the associations and memories make them taste better.

dsnylndmom
02-07-2004, 03:34 PM
My favorite meal I ever had at DL was at Club 33 last July, it was awesome and soooo good!

My favorite "normal trips" places are
Ariel's Grotto~my boys & I love it
Plaza Inn~I love their Cobb salads
Goofy's Kitch~always fun!~
White Water Snacks~great for a cheap but good little meal!

DisneyFan25863
02-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Hmmm...I like French Market, Bengal BBQ, Rancho, and RRPP for lunch and dinner.

I like White Water and Carnation Cafe (is it still called that?) for Breakfast.

mikala
02-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Breakfast-Riverbelle Terrace
Snacks-Whitewater Snacks or Bengal Barbque
Lunch-Taste Pilots Grille or Blue Bayou
Dinner-Napa Rose or Hooke's Pointe or Naples

Oh yeck..we love them all. I always say my husband eats his way across the parks on our visits, but he never gains a ounce...;) lucky lucky

mikala
02-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Speaking of Monorail Cafe..

Any big fans of the place, get any memorabilia? I went there the last day it was opened. I was sooo sad. I cried my eyes out. But lucky for me, my husband bought me a menu, cup, was given the placemat, fork (i ate with) and a straw....

At least I have something to remember it by :)

cemeinke
02-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Heh heh - I was just visiting a friend this weekend and stopped as I entered to see two Monorail Cafe menus displayed in a nook by his dinning room - Oh so cool :cool:

cstephens
02-08-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by mikala
Speaking of Monorail Cafe..

Any big fans of the place, get any memorabilia? I went there the last day it was opened. I was sooo sad. I cried my eyes out. But lucky for me, my husband bought me a menu, cup, was given the placemat, fork (i ate with) and a straw....

At least I have something to remember it by :)

They're in one of our "miscellaneous Disney" boxes, I think, but we did get two menus, and I think I at least got a button. I don't think my husband bought the watch.

As for favorites, no question, hands down for me - Catal, upstairs or downstairs. Speaking of which, gotta go back soon...

ToursbabeC3po
02-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Toursbabe is a big fan of the pizza port yummy!!!!!!!

CarlieB
02-08-2004, 11:08 AM
So many places....

Breakfast: Carnation Cafe, Uva Bar, Rainforest Cafe (yummy french toast:D )

Lunch: Rancho del Zocalo, Blue Bayou, Golden Horseshoe (while watching Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, of course!)

Snacks: Watermelon from one of the carts, icecream at the Gibson Girl, churros:D

Dinner: Uva Bar/Catal

julia
02-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Hi,

I liked sitting on the patio of the Wine Country Trattoria for a late supper and getting a prime seat for the Electrical Parade. I could almost reach out and touch the parade as it went by - very magical!

I also love the Breakfast with Chip n' Dale at The Storytellers Cafe in the Grand Californian Hotel. I always get a nice "good morning kiss" from my favorite naughty chipmunks (don't tell my husband that I have a crush on Chip n' Dale - he already knows about my crush on Tigger) .

I also love to have a leisurely dinner at the Storytellers Cafe - it is a quick and easy walk out of Downtown Disney, but gets a nice, quiet break from the parks.

Have a magical day!

Julia Elzie
Travel Consultant
http://www.GoAndavo.com

Kevy Baby
02-08-2004, 03:08 PM
In DLR:

R2P2: Not as good as it used to be IMHO, but still a good alternative to the usual faire.
Corndogs: I don't know what the name of the place is (it looks like an old delivery truck), but it is at the end of Main Street, on the right, at the beginning of the walkway towards the First Aid station.
Blue Ribbon Bakery: Apple Cinnamon Crumble Bun warmed up, served with a glass of cold milk.

In DCA:

Mission Tortilla Tour: Nothing beats free food!

DTD:

RBJK: When we can afford it
Wetzels Pretzels: MMMmmm... warm garlic pretzel
Haagen Dazs: Dulce de Leche shake

(Why do I get involved in these food discussions when I'm hungry?!?)

sleepyjeff
02-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Kevy Baby
In DLR:

R2P2:
Corndogs: I don't know what the name of the place is (it looks like an old delivery truck), but it is at the end of Main Street, on the right, at the beginning of the walkway towards the First Aid station.[/i]

The Little Red Wagon...........BIG CORN DOGS :)

wood_is_mine
02-09-2004, 09:01 AM
I like the Pizza Port and the Hungry Bear Restaraunt, especially when we sit looking over the Rivers of America on teh top floor. I'm sure I would like Blue Bayou if I had the chance to eat there.

mamabot
02-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Hands down, Carnation Cafe.

Great food, consistently. Healthy choices for the kids and crayons to boot. The steak sandwich is to die for. Nathan likes the club sandwich.

The service alone keeps us coming back.:fez:

nursemelis374
02-09-2004, 09:46 AM
My absolute favorite is Blue Bayou. At DLR I also like chili dogs or the kids bean and cheese burrito meal at Rancho del Zocolo. At DCA I LOVE the cheese corndogs at Corndog Kingdom. Yum...now I am hungry!

cmpeter
02-12-2004, 03:53 PM
The fresh fruit at any of the stands, Ariel's Grotto or Naples (in Downtown Disney)

curtisnore
02-14-2004, 09:01 PM
A slice of watermelon from the cart along the river as you venture down into splash and pooh entrance. Best buy in park, these watermelon slices. I carry the slice to the off season empty concrete benches that look out onto Tom's Island and sit down and let the slice of healthy fiber and cool juice do their magic. plus a few drops on the concrete. This stuff is so good, that I will buy a slice for each family member but drag them out the gate to the Mcdonalds for lunch.

Hamradio
02-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Downtown Disney - ESPN Zone

Good food.
Good bar.
And I can watch a game.