PDA

View Full Version : Snow White Soft Openings

QueenofHearts
02-06-2004, 06:59 PM
How do we find out about possible soft openings? We will be there from 2/16-22. Will any CM know?

Rallymonkey23
02-06-2004, 07:08 PM
The article on MP says they start Monday, Feb. 9th.

hazlnut
02-07-2004, 11:09 AM
And since I've never been to a soft opening of a show at DLR, how, typically, do they work. Are they even mentioned on the daily show scheadual?

AVP
02-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Soft openings are exactly that - unannounced performances that may be postponed, cancelled, whatever with no warning. They are not listed in the daily schedule, nor will anyone from Disney confirm that they are having one that day.

The point is to allow the performers to run through the show in front of a real audience before the official opening. It's a dress rehearsal with an audience.

The only "official" preview I know of is the one that is supposed to happen Valentine's Day for people who are attending the Sleeping Beauty dance-less Ball w/o product merchandise brunch event thing. Since I can't imagine that 1200 people are attending that event, they will probably allow other people to take seats in the theater. Unfortunately, I don't know what time that show is scheduled for.

AVP