PDA

View Full Version : DCA Food and Wine 2018 Reservations are up!

olegc
01-10-2018, 08:35 AM
The DCA Food and Wine Reservations hit the web this morning. Looks like prices are up a little this year ($20 instead of $15 for wine and spirits tasting seminars). And it appears the culinary demonstrations have changed - now on an open stage in Paradise Park and no fee but no samples. You can pay a $30 VIP fee to do a meet and greet and get samples of the dish. That's what the culinary events were last year. I wonder if the heat of the stage, and standing room only, will be a problem. However, this will increase visibility and attendance (though I wonder if the no samples thing will annoy some folks).

I don't recall there being a preview night last year - was there? This is Thursday night, March 1st. Windemaker Dinners, Bewmaster Beer Dinners, Celebrity Chef Live, and Sweet Sundays all return.

What I did not like is that you had to get into the site to make reservations to see the schedule - and there is a timer (according to the site). It would be nice to review the schedule of tasting seminars at my leisure.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disney-california-adventure/food-and-wine-festival/

Shortpix77
01-11-2018, 10:15 AM
I feel like they need more detail on a few of the events -- when I did Sweet Sunday the first year it was offered, it was a Ghirardelli-themed event and they gave some info about what would be served. Just telling me the name of the chef gives me no indication of whether I'll be interested in what they're making/serving. For a picky eater, that's important when it comes with a $99 price tag. Perhaps I'll do a tasting instead... hmmm.

Oleg, I agree that it's annoying that you have to go into the reservation system to see everything -- that should be on the event page!

olegc
02-05-2018, 06:59 PM
BOO! I just received an email from Disneyland that says the March 1 taste of the festival event has been cancelled and refunds are being issues. There is no reason given why it was cancelled. That's a total bummer for me since I wanted to share the event with my wife who doesn't have a pass and this event did not require admission media. I am curious why it was cancelled. Anyone have inside info?

missm
02-11-2018, 10:13 AM
Can you pay for food and alcohol at the booths with Disney gift cards?