PDA

View Full Version : DCA's 3rd Anniversary is Sunday, in honor of that...

Darkbeer
02-06-2004, 02:15 AM
OK, folks, since DCA's anniversary is Sunday (2/8/01), I have decided to "tape this in front of a live audience"... for airing on Sunday live, just before the Grammy awards (which will be "slightly" taped delayed anyways ;)

Time for Darkbeer's Top Twenty List.....

(insert music and graphics...)

Tonight's topic, the top 20 nicknames for Disney's California Adventure (with thanks from the LaughingPlace.com thread and all those who came up with a nickname...)

http://www.laughingplace.com/default.asp?WCI=MsgBoard&WCE=T-6013-P-26&Refresh=0206025240

Number 20 - DOA = Dead On Arrival... in honor of the original nickname given by the DLR CM's for the park back when it first opened in February of 2001, thanks to Westsider for starting this topic :)

Number 19 - Disney Coddles Accountineers - a name posted by Galaxie 500, whom we all miss...

Number 18 - Don't Create Another

Number 17 - Disney's Carney Amusements

Number 16 - Eisner's Folly - In honor of SaveDisney.com

Number 15 - Dirt Cheap Attractions

Number 14 - Dull Carnival Ahead

Number 13 - Disappointing Creative Attempt

Number 12 - BRL = Budget Ride Land

Number 11 - Dormant Cheap Amusements

And before we reveal the Top 10, here is a word from our sponsors...

>> Planning to visit DCA when Stupid Star Lame-o reopens, don't forget, the Cove Bar is open (well 3 days a week, from 2:30 to 8 PM)... before going to SSL, make sure and stop by for an attitude adjustment, now serving 7 different types of Karl Strauss beer, plus wonderful cocktails, including some awesome Martini's...) there is nothing like riding SSL with a Buzz (oops, wrong ride, that opens in Tommorrowland in 2005)... lets just say that seeing some has-been stars is better AFTER a visit to the Cove Bar... :)

And WELCOME BACK.... time for the second half of the Top 20 list...

Number 10 - YMCA = Yucky Miserly Cheap Area, in honor of the "music" series in 2002 ;)

Number 9 - D'oh California AWFUL!

Number 8 - BLS = Blue Light Special

Number 7 - Disastrous Creative Attempt

Number 6 - Doesn't Attract Californians

Number 5 - ECCA = Eisner's Cheap California Adventure

Number 4 - Disney's Corporate Arrogance

Number 3 - Decidedly Crummy Attractions

Number 2 - Discounts Create Attendance

And the Number 1 DCA Nickname...

DUMB = Disney's Universal Mountain Berry Park

Thank you all for tuning in, and enjoy the Grammy's

(Watch out for those Sunburst symbols.... ;)

Tigertail777
02-06-2004, 02:45 AM
*clap clap clap* what a lovely show Darbeer... was this held in DCA to try to drive attendence? (snicker)

Seriously though, you dont mean to tell me DCA is going on 3 now??? 3 Years old and this little to show for it... ? I wont even get into the comparisons of what all Disneyland had by the time it was 3.... Lordy lordy! I feel sorry for that poor little park.

Moonliner
02-06-2004, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
with thanks from the LaughingPlace.com thread

Laughing Place? LauchingPlace???
With all the creative talent here on Mousepad? Ha! I bet we can push their "top 10" so far down the list they'll need to use exponents to find um! Anyone care to contribute? I'll start

[D]evoid of [C]reative [A]amusement

[P]arking lot [D]efamation [L]and

Ok, so maybe I won't be the one to knock them off the list, but I have faith in the rest of you...

Photographer
02-06-2004, 06:00 AM
Derived from Cold Accounting

mamabot
02-06-2004, 07:09 AM
Tax Write Off Land

Dr. Watson
02-06-2004, 07:45 AM
Debacle in California... Aaagh!

Driving us Crazy... Again!

Deteriorating Creative Attempts

Deflating Customer Attendance

Moxin
02-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Deadbeat Chairman's Apathy

mamabot
02-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Disney's Canned Attractions

sediment
02-06-2004, 08:57 AM
I heard that they will be giving a car away to the first person Sunday to actually pay for a ticket of admission specifically to DCA.

By the end of the week, someone will have claimed it.

sediment
02-06-2004, 08:59 AM
I hear they'll be testing out the Buzz Lightyear cars on the track. Who wants in?