PDA

View Full Version : Park Attendance Down???

Thomas
10-07-2001, 09:32 AM
Saturday, 10/6, seemed just as busy a day as a summer day.

Are all the news reports about attendance being down just a scam to get people to the parks. If it is, it apparantly worked. DL just seemed crowded to me on Saturday, and there weren't that many people there in red T-shirts (glad I didn't wear one).

I guess the lines could have seemed longer due to the fact there is no Fantasmic, Matterhorn is closed again(!), and the fact the traffic pattern around Fantasyland is terrible right now. There was even a 1 hour wait to ride the monorail. Is this now an E-ticket attraction that I am not aware of?

JRob2k1
10-07-2001, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Thomas
There was even a 1 hour wait to ride the monorail. Is this now an E-ticket attraction that I am not aware of?

Oh yeah, after they added the loop-de-loop on the monorail its really turned inot the E-Ticket attraction Walt always wanted...

;)

-JRob

Darkbeer
10-07-2001, 11:01 AM
And I thought it was due to the complmentary food and drink service provided by the new monorail attenandants. (Wearing the old PSA flight attenandants outfits:D )

JRob2k1
10-07-2001, 11:04 AM
The monorail attendents were a great idea but they kept spilling the drinks when going through the loop!! Wow, the Monorail sure has turned into such a world class thrill ride right in front of our eyes...

-JRob

Briarose710
10-07-2001, 12:04 PM
about park attendance yesterday attendance was up in BOT parks (yeA actual people in DCA =)) anyways ummwe were wondering why and it was brought to my attention that it is a three-day weekend..(columbus day)

Thomas
10-07-2001, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Briarose710
about park attendance yesterday attendance was up in BOT parks (yeA actual people in DCA =)) anyways ummwe were wondering why and it was brought to my attention that it is a three-day weekend..(columbus day)

Columbus Day, hardly a holiday.

My point being that the way attendance has been described, you would think that the park was empty.

DCA, what a pain to get into. At 7:45pm, there was 1 regular entrance open and only 2 for re-entry. It took 20 minutes to get through the turnstiles due to the lame baggage check they are doing.

DisneylandKid
10-07-2001, 01:04 PM
DCA, what a pain to get into. At 7:45pm, there was 1 regular entrance open and only 2 for re-entry. It took 20 minutes to get through the turnstiles due to the lame baggage check they are doing.
Lame?

Thomas
10-07-2001, 01:07 PM
LAME - meaning ineffective.

They stick a flashlight in your bag and say go on in.

They don't bother to check your person. I am a police officer and I carry a gun. Bet they didn't know that.

DisneylandBoy
10-07-2001, 01:51 PM
But if they took the time to completely check you, it would take FOEVER to get into the parks. And then you would be complaining that it took so long to get in. So, they do a semi check. They know what they are looking for, and it is pretty hard to hide, so theyt would see it. Also, just because they have one busy day doesn't mean that they lied about attendance. It is probably low most of the time, and Saturday was just busy.

ripplededge
10-07-2001, 03:40 PM
Geez Thomas, just be happy that there isn't a big crater in the middle of Anaheim or anywhere else.

EandCDad
10-07-2001, 04:14 PM
As far as attendance goes, it was Gay Day and just because you didn't see a lot of red shirts doesn't mean they were not there, bumping up the usual crowd.

I went on Thursday and it was very light so I don't think that the comments about lighter crowds is just talk, I've been three times since 9/11 and it was very light each day (including a Saturday). As noted earlier this is a three day weekend (of sorts, I get it off and so do my kids) and it was the first Saturday after Nightmare opened which could have drawn some locals.

You also mentioned an hour wait for the monorail, did you wait in the line or did it say that on the sign? The only reason I'm asking is that several attractions I went on Thursday had waits that were significantly shorted than the posted wait time. In one case the wait time posted was 40 minutes but the actual wait was less than 5.

SimpTwister
10-07-2001, 06:54 PM
LAME - meaning ineffective.

They stick a flashlight in your bag and say go on in.

They don't bother to check your person. I am a police officer and I carry a gun. Bet they didn't know that.

You took a gun into DCA? That seems a little odd...