PDA

View Full Version : Close Your Eyes, and Listen...

Pages : [1] 2

DisneylandKid
10-06-2001, 08:21 PM
What are your favorite soundtracks? My top three are:
(1) Space Mountain - the surf/space style blends SO well! This is really a great piece of music.
(2) Soarin' Over California - so relaxing, yet exciting...perfect!
(3) Indiana Jones Adventure - is there anything about this ride that isn't great?

rexfarms
10-06-2001, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
What are your favorite soundtracks? My top three are:
(1) Space Mountain - the surf/space style blends SO well! This is really a great piece of music.
(2) Soarin' Over California - so relaxing, yet exciting...perfect!
(3) Indiana Jones Adventure - is there anything about this ride that isn't great?

Wow! reading that made me get that weird dizzy feeling, and goosebumps. That always happens to me when I think of a Great Disney thing! am I weird? lol:eek:

awinner
10-06-2001, 11:15 PM
I am going to have to say that my 3 favorite are:

1. Soarin Over CA.- I have it on my computer...it gives me chills everytime I hear it.

2. CA Screamin.- It is so exciting

3. Space Mountain- Has kind of an eerie sound

beanpole
10-07-2001, 01:21 AM
1. Haunted Mansion

2. POTC

3. Indiana Jones

4. Star Tours

6. Alice in Wonderland

The soundtrack of any Disney attraction is as interesting to me as the visuals and ride sensations. All I have to do is listen to a soundtrack recording while at home... and it's as if I'm there on the ride!

The soundtrack for Fantasmic is also entertaining - and remarkably hi-fi. Ever notice how clear and powerful the sound is from every viewing position? Now that's incredible Imagineering. Hats off to them!

I enjoy recreating sounds and production styles from various Disneyland attractions in my own recordings. For my tribute to the Haunted Mansion, for example, I shook up bottles of soda and recorded the sound of the CO2 gas escaping to create the sound of pneumatic devices throughout the ride.

DisneylandBoy
10-07-2001, 01:55 PM
My favorites are:

THE BEST: Splash Mountain (Everything about that ride is awesome)
Then:
1. CA Screamin'
2. Soarin' Over CA
3. Country Bears :(
4. Teacups
5. Peter Pan's Flight

And Shows/Parades:
1. Fantasmic
2. Parade of the Stars
3. Main Street Electrical Parade

Everytime I hear these I miss Disneyland :(

DisneyFreak2000
10-07-2001, 02:18 PM
1. Space Mountain
2. Indiana Jones Adventure
3. Soarin' Over CA
4. Splash Mountain
5. California Screamin'

Shows:
1. Fantasmic!
2. Believe... There's MAgic In the Stars
3. MSEP
4. Eureka! (It's so good!)
5. Parade of the Stars

rexfarms
10-07-2001, 02:38 PM
Not really a ride, but.....when your sitting drinkin' a Mint Julep at the Mint Julep Bar, listening to the train station and all the action on the river, that is the best for me.

mrfantasmic
10-08-2001, 07:15 PM
My favorite ride-tracks:
1. The Haunted Mansion... (Does anybody know where you can download the ENTIRE soundtrack, not Napster, Aimster or any of those services. And the Sound of Magic is down.)
2. Space Mountain: I've used an office chair to create a spinning adventure set to it.
3. Indiana Jones... Cooooool
4. Splash Mountain: the upramp gives me chills
5. Star Tours

Shows:
1. Fantasmic!
2. Believe... There's Magic in the Stars

Where are you getting Soarin' and CAScreamin'???

DisneyGurly
10-08-2001, 07:43 PM
well personally i love it's a small world!!! um...i also like sleeping beauty's castle music. i don't know what it's called but i like it anyways. i don't like Pirates of the Carribean music tho.

~plugin~

rexfarms
10-08-2001, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by mrfantasmic
My favorite ride-tracks:
1. The Haunted Mansion... (Does anybody know where you can download the ENTIRE soundtrack, not Napster, Aimster or any of those services. And the Sound of Magic is down.)
2. Space Mountain: I've used an office chair to create a spinning adventure set to it.
3. Indiana Jones... Cooooool
4. Splash Mountain: the upramp gives me chills
5. Star Tours

Shows:
1. Fantasmic!
2. Believe... There's Magic in the Stars

Where are you getting Soarin' and CAScreamin'???

Space Mountain Office Chair......me too! Also I like the POTC Banjo music from the old man rocking. I could fall asleep with that.:sleep: :D

DisneylandBoy
10-08-2001, 07:56 PM
I agree with rexfarms about the Banjo music. It is so calming!

Disney Fan Matt
10-08-2001, 08:12 PM
I have always liked the Splash Mountain soundtrack.
The music is just so catchy and fun to sing along to!

Space Mountain and Screamin both have great songs also.
Just don't ask me to choose which one I like better! ;)

Of course Indy's dramatic music is great, whether you really notice it or not, it adds a lot to the ride.

And Pirates and Haunted Mansion wouldn't be the same without their respective theme songs!!

totbellhop
10-09-2001, 04:45 PM
I like Indy and Star Tours ride and queue music, and also Space, Matterhorn, and Splash's.
My favorites are Believe, and Fantasmic, they're very charming.
I don't like the Tarzan Treehouse sounds. They are like monkeys and Tarzan's yells every 30 seconds or so.

lillas
10-09-2001, 05:19 PM
walking from fantasyland through the castle onto the drawbridge. the misic swell, jiminy cricket singing "when you wish upon a star" ah heaven. snow whites grotto is a close second

lillas
10-09-2001, 05:20 PM
correction: the music swells

jslivinski
10-10-2001, 03:15 PM
Now don't throw anything at me...but my favorite is the music from Light Magic...:D ...I know I'm strange or at least in the minority, but I love it. In fact I think I'll turn off the radio and turn it on right now, it will be just like being at Disneyland.

Nigel2
10-10-2001, 10:13 PM
Well most people didn't hate the song, they hated the show it self since it was a huge wait in a specific spot to watch it.

DisneylandKid
10-14-2001, 07:39 PM
I forgot about the new Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln...I'm not sure about the soundtrack (music), but the sound effects are sure awesome.

Pirates & Haunted Mansion also have some great soundtracks.

blusilva
10-15-2001, 09:21 AM
Haunted Mansion. Just those few notes give me chills....

I bought the soundtrack yesterday and listened to it in the car on the way in to work this morning. :)

baileykat
10-16-2001, 05:19 AM
YO HO YO HO A PIRATES LIFE FOR ME.....

1. Pirates
2. Haunted Mansion...
3. Love the castle music...It's so..well...just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

4. IASW - for like the first 30 secs of the ride...then you should have an optional mute button!...LOL

5. Everything you hear on Main Street...the music, the people, the singing...it's so cool!!!!!!!!!!1

Parades....
1. MSEP...there will never be another equal!

2. We were at DL a few years ago..right after Mulan came out...they still had the Herc parade in the afternoon...then Mulan parade at night...I really liked the Mulan parade...but then I really like that movie...Eddie Murphy...ahhh...he always makes me laugh...

3. Of course the fireworks!!!!!!!

10-16-2001, 09:32 AM
Hey, baileykay! We saw the Hercules/Mulan combo in 1998, too. :)

Matterhorn queue oompa is what first comes to mind when I think of Disneyland (and I'm not that huge a Matterhorn fan).

baileykat
10-16-2001, 11:35 AM
OOOO...I forgot the matterhorn...I love that oompa music...just makes you want to bob up and down.....

Mulan/Herc...I love theme parades...Sometimes wish Disney would come out with new films so we could have new theme parades! Lol...

Nigel2
10-16-2001, 02:18 PM
Ok someone here might be able to help. Last week I was coming out of NBCHM and I could hear some other narration on the outside of the mansion that seemed to be adressed to the guests in line. At first I thought it was a CM, but it sounded like Corey Burton. Am I more insane than usual or is there an outdoor narration?

MickeyD
10-16-2001, 02:20 PM
Yes, you are more insane that usual and yes, there is an outdoor narration. :D

Nigel2
10-16-2001, 02:24 PM
Good now I have a character witness, time to kill again MUWHAHAHAHAHAAHAH. Murray bring me the cannons. Oh wait a skull can't carry a cannon. Better call the slaves.:D