PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Lines??

RideMax Mark
10-06-2001, 02:10 PM
I won't be able to make it to HMH until late next week, but was wondering what the crowds have been like so far for this attraction.

If you've already been on the ride, when did you go, and how long did you wait? Did you ride standby, or use FP? How far away have the FP return times been?

Thanks,
Mark

Spend less time in line with RideMax for Disneyland! (http://www.ridemax.com)

ishthroat
10-06-2001, 02:15 PM
When we went (we=me and my girlfriend), we got there when the park opened @10am on Fri 10/5. They had extended the line all through NOS. At that point it was an hour wait.

So we used FP and got to return @ 12:10-1:10. The return times
are some what resonable and fast pass is the way to go with this ride.

We went back on it later in the day with a "back door" readmission pass that we had be given.

DisneylandKid
10-06-2001, 03:31 PM
How crowded do u think it'll be Monday?

Cadaverous Pallor
10-06-2001, 04:59 PM
My fiance and I went on Fri night. I was expecting the worst due to a) it being the first day and b)it being the evening, when all the AP's like us show up. I was pleasantly surprised, though, that the wait was only half an hour long the two times we rode it, between 6 and 7pm. The FastPass when we got there was about two hours ahead of the current time, and since we were there just to ride the ride and leave, stand-by was the way to go for us.

Weekdays/nights will obviously be the best time to go, so I shouldn't worry too much about it.

slaakker
10-06-2001, 05:25 PM
The one thing nice about HM is that it is a fairly high volume ride. Hopefully it will keep the lines reasonable.

DisneylandKid
10-06-2001, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by slaakker
The one thing nice about HM is that it is a fairly high volume ride. Hopefully it will keep the lines reasonable.
The ONE thing nice??

HBTiggerFan
10-06-2001, 06:08 PM
I went yesterday (Fri)..I got there at 4:15 or so and my fastpass return was for 6:15. At 4:15 the stand-by was for 55 min, and when I returned for my fastpass the standby time was 65 min. Pirates waiting time was poasted at 15 minutes, but it was more like 15 seconds. Litterally a walk-on ride. And when we boarded our boat, we noticed that there was NO ONE in the cue or waiting to board a boat.

Berry Princess
10-08-2001, 08:45 AM
We went last night (Sunday). We got there between 5-6pm. There was no FastPasses left. They were totally gone. The stand-by time said 55 minutes. It was no where near that time. It was a lot this then what was posted. I think even if we had to wait the 55 minutes it would have been worth it. It is awesome!

Niwel
10-08-2001, 09:50 AM
I went Sunday before Mouse Adventure. I RAN there as soon as they dropped the ropes because I wanted to make sure I didn't have to wait lomg.

I think lines were longer than usual for HM (which is to be expected) but it is a VERY fast loading attraction. And I agree with Berry Princess that it was well worth whatever line you had to wait in.

Everyone that came off it couldn't stop talking about it and saying how amazing it was.

KarenW2
10-08-2001, 09:50 AM
We went to the park yesterday for MouseAdventure (thanks again for all your hard work guys!) and went in early, to go on HM during the day, as well as during the night after the event and dinner. When we first got there in the morning, HM was closed and they didn't know when the ride would be "up" again. We got our fast passes anyway, looked around the shops at NOS and came back, when we noticed people were entering HM.

With our FPs in the morning, we walked straight thru the queue and into the house, as soon as people in front of us were walking. After dinner, with our FPs, we walked all the way to the front and had to wait for the second elevator to load. Not bad, considering the regular line was hugely long!

We enjoyed the ride and new details, except they kept loading the elevators sooner than the other CMs could load the vehicles, so the hallway with changing pictures was totally packed & we couldn't move! I guess the CMs didn't communicate with each other between the loading areas.

Fast Pass is definitely the way to do HM!!

blusilva
10-08-2001, 12:16 PM
This is already outdated but...

On Friday night, I got there around 7:30, got my FP for the timeslot 9:30-10:30 and waited in a FP line of approximately 10 minutes after the fireworks show.

Hope that helps.

splbound
10-08-2001, 02:25 PM
blusilva ...

You stole my thunder. That was exactly the time and experience that we had Friday night. We probably stood next to each other in the stretching room. Now, tell the truth.....was that you who screamed?

hahaha.

EandCDad
10-08-2001, 03:59 PM
We got there this morning (Monday) at 10am and grabbed FP for 10:45 but the line looked pretty reasonable so we did standby and waited approx 10 minutes (moved real quick). Then came back and with our FP and walked right in.

Cadaverous Pallor
10-08-2001, 04:03 PM
EandC, you playin' hooky? :) I wish I could go on a weekday morning! :(

EandCDad
10-08-2001, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
EandC, you playin' hooky? :) I wish I could go on a weekday morning! :(

Today is Columbus Day, when we celebrate (or bemoan) the fact that 500 years ago Columbus went somewhere looking for something and found something else. Anyway, I got the day off (thank you Federal Government) and so did my wife and kids so we decided to try out HM.

slaakker
10-08-2001, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
The ONE thing nice??

You know what I meant...;)

MickeyD
10-08-2001, 10:12 PM
When I was there today (Monday) at around 3pm the line was about 15 minutes. At 6pm we walked right in.

Napsto
10-08-2001, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by MickeyD
When I was there today (Monday) at around 3pm the line was about 15 minutes. At 6pm we walked right in.

THANKS FOR INVITING ME PUNK!

MickeyD
10-08-2001, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Napsto

THANKS FOR INVITING ME PUNK!

No need to yell buddy. We did discuss that I was going (remembo we talked about MNF at Espnzone.) Beside, you had school.

Napsto
10-08-2001, 10:58 PM
and someone blew off work!

i am just messing heatho!

MickeyD
10-08-2001, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Napsto
and someone blew off work!

How do you know I didn't have off for Columbus Day? It could happen.

blusilva
10-09-2001, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by splbound
blusilva ...

You stole my thunder. That was exactly the time and experience that we had Friday night. We probably stood next to each other in the stretching room. Now, tell the truth.....was that you who screamed?

hahaha.

Splbound, that was me who SQUEALED. With delight! ;)

We probably *did* stand right next to each other!

Napsto
10-09-2001, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by MickeyD

How do you know I didn't have off for Columbus Day? It could happen.

chunks had work yesterday and he isa an employee of the same institution

rexfarms
10-09-2001, 02:52 PM
Shorter? Sat. or Sun.?