PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest thing?

Pages : [1] 2

Napsto
05-01-2001, 12:58 PM
what is the wierdest thing to ever happen to you at disneyland????? the wierdest thing that ever happened to me was that a castmemeber at the potc named john got my name correct once, and my name isn't that popular like mike or john but he guessed steven and when i went back 3-4 months later he knew it agian, i don't know how he would remmeber i look like anyother blond hair blue eyed kid. what about you. that happened like 5 yeqars ago. anyother intresting stories???:eek:

Tink
05-01-2001, 02:52 PM
Okay, here goes... My friend and I planned a day at Disneyland to ride the then new Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom ride. I didn't plan very well because I started my monthly that day and had to take along feminine products in my little backpack. We took the day off of work and were having a great time. The parade was going on so we headed over to ride Indy for the first time. When we got on the ride I didn't notice the little net pouch on the seat in front of me to store your stuff in so I just strapped my backpack to the front of me instead. Now, we all know that that ride is pretty jerky and loads of fun and I was having a great time until I saw a tampon fly by my face! Then another and another. They were flying out of the vehicle, flying into other passengers laps, I think one burst into flames over the fire pit, I can't be sure. For a split second before I figured out what they were I actually thought it was part of the ride! Needless to say when the ride was over I exited that ride the quickest and practically left my friend in the dust as I ran down the passageways to the outdoors! It was pretty hysterical after the initial shock wore off.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (One for each tampon I lost on that ride) I can only imagine what the people who clean the rides thought when they found those.

lisap
05-01-2001, 03:14 PM
HA!!
Honey, you've got guts to post that one
very funny
;) :D

Chronically420
05-01-2001, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Tink
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (One for each tampon I lost on that ride) I can only imagine what the people who clean the rides thought when they found those.

Ok..Seal up the thread! Turn out the lights! We have a winner for the weirdest thing to happen to anyone at disneyland!! :)

J/K, Tink..Funny story, thanks for sharing!

lisap
05-01-2001, 05:00 PM
Ok Tink, mine does not come close to yours, but I thought it was funny at the time

Recently my family went to DL and we all went in the Haunted Mansion. Upon exiting the attraction, we all went through the metal turnstiles they post at the end of the moving walkway. Everyone except for my poor Auntie. She is, shall we say, Junoesque?
She attempted to go through the turnstiles and got stuck halfway through. People started piling up behind her while we frantically tried to pull her out, laughing hysterically the whole time. We finally got her free, and luckily she had a great sense of humor about it.
:)

Lani
05-01-2001, 05:07 PM
OMG!!! When I first read your post, Tink, I thought you meant ones you were "using"!!!! Ewwwwwww!!!!!! Ok, let's be vague here so as not to upset the moderators into closing this thread. Oh wait... :D

pheneix
05-01-2001, 05:22 PM
I would post this at the WDW boards, but they are dead, so I'll let people actually read it here:

One time, at Horizons, well, how do I say this. Okay, let's be blunt here. Some guy found it very funny to empty out some of his "secret sauce" on a Horizons vehicle. Well, he exited the ride, and left his "art" on the vehicle. As it pulled around to the station, the poor CM found a white (Or sort of, I think you know what I am talking about now.) stain, and she about had a heart attack. Sadly though, instead of calling custodial (I don't know how they operate in CA, but here in Florida all custodial teams are equipped to handle hazardous materials.), she used a paper towel, found a bottle of ZEP, (For those that don't know, ZEP is a horrible disinfectant. Believe me, this mess is nasty.) and just wiped it off! No hazardous material treatment, just a quick wipe. She then kept people off of that vehicle for one cycle, and went on about her business. All I have to say about this is UGHHH! Had it been me, I definitely would have tagged that vehicle and called custodial, and heck, I'm not even a CM, I never have been.

Now, I can actually beat this. (The infamous Pirates tale in "Mouse Tales" has happened more than once, and a very unlikely sequence of events happened in which a CM and I caught a couple in the action. But, given that we are supposed to keep this place as "clean" as possible, I'll leave it out.)

Pheneix

Lani
05-01-2001, 05:30 PM
pheneix!! that is seriously poor training on the part of the CM's manager/lead! You know, that's considered hazardous biological waste material. What if the individual had Hepatitis-B? Although some Zep products can clean hazardous waste, I'd be interested to know how strong the spray solution was that the CM used. Since Hep-B is so virulent, it could very well have stayed around and possibly infected the next guest who happened to have a scratch or insect bite on their leg. This is seriously bad news (Hep-B has no cure). Oh, how scary!!

As for the schmuck who left his souvenir behind, I'd say he was one lame puppy for needing that kind of environment to do what he did. Ewwww.

PS: pheneix -- sorry if the WDW room isn't too busy, but do try to keep the subjects on-topic for the rooms. Doing so may actually up the traffic!! :D

pheneix
05-01-2001, 06:49 PM
What if the individual had Hepatitis-B?

You know, that was the last thing I was worried about at the time. I was more worried about if the sick joker was still in line. A bunch of teenage boys were in line making all kinds of jokes about it, and it was certainly one big stain, so I think there maybe more than one culprit. Man, this happened about 5 years ago too, I shudder to think what would happen today if someone did that. Poor CM training for situations like this (I know someone who worked for Epcot around 10 years ago, and training for hazardous waste was not a main topic.) has always been a huge problem, even when training was two days long. In fact, the only time I have ever even heard of proper hazardous treatment in action was when a guest would suddenly bleed profusely from his rectum. In that particular case, a proper team was in close persuit at all times. Sigh, it's one thing that is better left unknown though, and one Horizons memory I would rather forget. Speaking of rude guests and sick things, the stories that I can tell...

Pheneix

Napsto
05-01-2001, 07:39 PM
wow i guess my story is kinda boring!

Morrigoon
05-01-2001, 08:28 PM
On a less perverted (though not much less disgusting) note, I think the wierdest thing that happened to me was the time I projectile vomited in the old parking lot.

I had had a chowder bowl earlier that day, and Hyperboy and I went out to the car for something, where I drank the remainder of a coke in his car (it was hot - big mistake). On the way back from the car, I sputtered and coughed and suddenly -----_! splat! It was totally unexpected. There were some young boys, probably 12 or 13 walking nearby who saw it, and one of them said "Whoa!" when it happened. That was the funniest part, not the projectile vomiting, but his reaction to it.

Doodle Duck
05-02-2001, 10:00 AM
This entire thread is definately a case of 'too much information' but that 'exploding tampon' will have me laughing for awhile.

My story is definately boring but at least no body fluids are involved!

My story was up on Kevins column a week ago about the Rubber Head who actually cut off a ladies hair with little scissors. Weird.

Tink
05-03-2001, 06:51 AM
I had finally talked my mom into going with me to Disneyland by offering to take my nephew - the apple of her eye at the time. I think that she was more excited about seeing his reaction to meeting Mickey Mouse than going herself. We had been there a couple of hours and had seen some of the other characters when my mom had asked where we could find Mickey. I told her that we could see him near the entrance so we headed back that way to wait for him to appear. We found a bench and sat down to await Mickey. My mom decided that this would be a good time to change my nephew's diaper. Just then, I looked up and noticed that Mickey was coming out and mentioned that to my mom. My mom, in her excitement, grabbed up my nephew and held him up in front of her so he could meet Mickey and get pictures, etc. That's when I noticed the little white butt and realized that she hadn't finished the job she had set out to do. Yup, my nephew flashed Mickey. I yelled "Mom, put that kid's diaper on!" It was pretty funny and after she got him dressed he was finally able to meet the beloved mouse and get those pictures. My nephew is now 13 and I still love to tease him about this.

jslivinski
07-11-2001, 02:54 PM
On a scale of 1-10 this probably rates a 1, but I still shake my head when I think about it.

Last year on our last night a Disneyland my son and I returned to the car in the Timon lot to discover that someone had stolen the mickey head from the car antenna. Not a major crisis, but the fact that it happened in the Disneyland parking lot....

Mandrake Linux
07-11-2001, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
.....and suddenly -----_! splat! It

Illll man! I'm eating!

Mandrake Linux
07-11-2001, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by pheneix
One time, at Horizons, well, how do I say this. Okay, let's be blunt here. Some guy found it very funny to empty out some of his "secret sauce" on a Horizons vehicle.

I don't understand why everyone is so paranoid about this. I never imagined how a person's "secret sauce" can be marked as toxic. Think about it:

If it was toxic no woman would be able to procreate. Instead they would die. Plus most diseases die within 3 seconds of leaving the body so the bottle of ZEP would've killed it instantly because these things are known to be even more toxic because of their chemicals. So there is no reason why this would be fatal.

There is a very slim chance (about 1/200,000) that the person would've had hipititas or any other disease so that is out of the question.

PirateoftheCaribbean
07-12-2001, 09:36 AM
I've got a few, But I'll post one for now. I think this qualifies as weird. I accidentally set my camera on top of a post in Frontierland, while I got some popcorn. I forgot about it and walked off. I went to Toontown, Critter Country, New Orleans Square, 3 hours later, I remembered about it and rushed back. It was still there! I was shocked!:eek:

PirateoftheCaribbean
07-12-2001, 09:48 AM
For the weak hearts and digestive systems, DO NOT READ!!!

I'm hesitating to post, But some of the others are as disgusting. Here goes...

I had been waiting in line for a while to use the restroom. Finally one opened, and a tall, Japanese man walked out with a huge smile on his face (kind of like the Grinch), I went in and he had diareeah all over the seat floor and walls. He had wiped his hands on the TP dispenser and walls. I was very sick for a while.:eek:

mad4mky
07-12-2001, 12:32 PM
The weirdest thing I saw one time was on the potc....and very large man was sitting in the seat in front of us on the outside. After we had gone down the flumes, he leaned over and proceeded to throw up...continually throughout the ride. Needless to say, I always tell my kids to always keep their hands in the boat...

Lacrosse Boy
07-12-2001, 12:40 PM
My friend and I usually go touring together, but one time we didn't. I saw him 3 TIMES all on the same day [Saturday]!!!! It seems hard to believe.

Flubber
07-12-2001, 01:04 PM
Light Magic.

It made me go "Huh!?!"

Flub

Mandrake Linux
07-12-2001, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by PirateoftheCaribbean

I had been waiting in line for a while to use the restroom. Finally one opened, and a tall, Japanese man walked out with a huge smile on his face (kind of like the Grinch), I went in and he had diareeah all over the seat floor and walls. He had wiped his hands on the TP dispenser and walls. I was very sick for a while.:eek:

I was eating while reading that all the way through, and to tell the truth, it kind of opened up my apetite a bit. Thanks! :)

Napsto
07-12-2001, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by PirateoftheCaribbean

that is sick.

PirateoftheCaribbean
07-12-2001, 08:21 PM
I Told ya. I shouldn't have posted it, but sometimes I can't help myself.;)

Morrigoon
07-12-2001, 09:13 PM
One time my friend and I were getting on Star Tours. In our same row (back, of course!) were some Japanese tourists in suits. The big guy sitting next to me was having some trouble with his seatbelt (or something) and he looks over at mine buckled in, reaches over and yanks it! Never once looking at me, despite the fact that he'd just touched me at my waist. The personal space issues aside, how WIERD is that, to tug on a complete stranger's safety belt?