PDA

View Full Version : Pixar Pier to Bring New Incredicoaster and More to Disney California Adventure Park

Pages : [1] 2 3

AVP
11-02-2017, 12:19 PM
Disney Parks Blog post:

Pixar Pier to Bring New Incredicoaster and More to Disney California Adventure Park Summer 2018

https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/6bec039aaf4e2d98366f670c73910a4f?s=32&d=mm&r=gby Erin Glover (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/author/erin-glover/), Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

Summer 2018 will bring a transformed land for guests to experience at Disney California Adventure (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/destinations/disney-california-adventure/?CMP=ILC-DPFY17Q4wo1026171101170050F) park when Pixar Pier opens along the southern shore of Paradise Bay, with newly themed attractions, foods and merchandise throughout. This new, permanent land in the area that is now Paradise Pier will introduce four new neighborhoods representing beloved Disney·Pixar stories.

https://secure.parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/pier1.jpg

The first of the four themed neighborhoods guests will find is inspired by “The Incredibles.” Here, the new Incredicoaster, permanently transformed from the attraction that is now California Screamin’, will open with Pixar Pier in summer 2018. This new experience will feature a mid-century-modern-style loading area, new character moments and a new look for the ride vehicles. To prepare for this transformation, California Screamin’ will close Jan. 8.

The popular Toy Story Mania! will anchor the “Toy Story”-inspired neighborhood. A neighborhood inspired by “Inside Out” will be found on the western side of the boardwalk and will welcome a new family-friendly attraction, scheduled to open at a later date.

The fourth neighborhood will be a celebration of many of your favorite Pixar stories. In this neighborhood, Mickey’s Fun Wheel will have a new look, with each of the 24 gondolas featuring different Pixar characters and the iconic face of Mickey Mouse remaining on the Paradise Bay side of the wheel. At the Games of the Boardwalk, which already includes the Bullseye Stallion Stampede game, all of the midway games will be inspired by Pixar characters. Mickey’s Fun Wheel, Games of the Boardwalk and Sideshow Shirts will close Jan. 8 to begin this transformation.

Ariel’s Grotto restaurant and the Cove Bar will be transformed into a new lounge and grill offering sparkling views of Paradise Bay and the new Pixar Pier. Both locations will close Jan. 8, with Cove Bar reopening briefly in April before closing again for its permanent transformation.

Guests wishing to reserve “World of Color” dining packages after Jan. 7 may consider Carthay Circle Restaurant or Wine Country Trattoria.

The remaining areas of the land that is now Paradise Pier, including Paradise Gardens, Silly Symphony Swings, Jumpin’ Jellyfish, Goofy’s Sky School, Golden Zephyr and The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, will become a new land called Paradise Park.

https://secure.parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/cars.jpg

Pixar Pier will open during the limited-time Pixar Fest (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/10/pixar-fest-brings-celebration-of-friendship-throughout-disneyland-resort-beginning-april-13-2018/) celebration, which begins April 13. The celebration will include the new “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” fireworks as well as the return of Pixar Play Parade and “Paint the Night” parade, and much more throughout the entire Disneyland Resort (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/?CMP=ILC-DPFY17Q4wo1102171108170005C).

You can read more about what’s coming to Pixar Pier in the November issue of Disney twenty-three magazine, from our friends at D23: The Official Disney Fan Club (https://d23.com/?CMP=ILC-DPFY17Q4wo1026171101170051F). Keep an eye on Disney Parks Blog (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog) for more as the permanent transformation of Pixar Pier gets underway!

olegc
11-02-2017, 12:31 PM
No more Lobster Nachos?

And having a major chunk of DCA closed for 3.5 months. Wow. I feel sorry for folks who booked trips and hope that Disney travel or others are warning people.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bumblebeeonarose
11-02-2017, 12:49 PM
No more Lobster Nachos?

And having a major chunk of DCA closed for 3.5 months. Wow. I feel sorry for folks who booked trips and hope that Disney travel or others are warning people.

It's only a restaurant, a ride, and a shop closing. The longest being Screamin' for four months. Although they didn't say, I imagine that Toy Story Midway Mania and the carousel and Wheel will all have to close for short closures too for thematic changes. But they didn't say the whole area would be closed for four months.

No mention of the theater that was in the teaser art. And it sounds like the rumored spinning ride in Screamin's Helix was wrong. Rumor of Incredibles coaster was mostly correct, as it was rumored to be just Dash. I am curious about the family friendly Inside Out attraction coming later. Also, no mention of the M&G area.

Dsnyrnr
11-02-2017, 01:24 PM
It's only a restaurant, a ride, and a shop closing. The longest being Screamin' for four months. Although they didn't say, I imagine that Toy Story Midway Mania and the carousel and Wheel will all have to close for short closures too for thematic changes. But they didn't say the whole area would be closed for four months.

No mention of the theater that was in the teaser art. And it sounds like the rumored spinning ride in Screamin's Helix was wrong. Rumor of Incredibles coaster was mostly correct, as it was rumored to be just Dash. I am curious about the family friendly Inside Out attraction coming later. Also, no mention of the M&G area.

The article mentions that Screamin, Games of the Boardwalk and Mickey's Fun Wheel all will be closing Jan.7. It looks like the rumored Incredibles spinner in the helix has been repurposed to the Inside Out attraction in the other helix. From the picture it looks like it will be a spinner.

I wonder what they are going to retheme the carousel to. King Triton doesn't fit the new theme.

Dave1313
11-02-2017, 01:29 PM
deleted (comment was included in post above)

binki
11-02-2017, 09:00 PM
Bleh, Screamin is one of the rides I come over for. Without it, I hardly want to leave Disneyland. I guess I will take some time off from DCA for a few months.

candles71
11-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Someone on FB mentioned Dory and Nemo as an idea for the carousel. I liked it. No one knows but I like the idea.
Finally doing something with the Mailliboomer pads.

bumblebeeonarose
11-03-2017, 11:59 AM
The article mentions that Screamin, Games of the Boardwalk and Mickey's Fun Wheel all will be closing Jan.7. It looks like the rumored Incredibles spinner in the helix has been repurposed to the Inside Out attraction in the other helix. From the picture it looks like it will be a spinner.

I wonder what they are going to retheme the carousel to. King Triton doesn't fit the new theme.

Looking at close ups of the concept art it looks like the Inside Out ride is going to be similar to Flik's Flyers. One Vlogger suggested that it could be Flik's Flyers rethemed as an opening date hasn't been announced for the new ride and there are rampant rumors about Bugsland closing. I hope that is an incorrect speculation though.

Berry Princess
11-03-2017, 04:13 PM
If that is a spinner ride, its the last thing we need there...another one of those kind. IMO it comes off the cheap add on and more so when there is enough of those kind of rides all over that park. My son and I were saying it would be cool if they did a nice dark ride for Inside Out and like you are riding in the memory orbs through Riley's memories. I know we are glad to see Mickey will still be on the Fun Wheel. Everything else just seems to be a retheme of the area and Screamin/Fun Wheel gondolas. Overall this whole thing is just sort of eh. Not exciting but not horrible if that makes sense.

cstephens
11-03-2017, 04:59 PM
For some reason, I hadn't thought that the Pixar makeover was going to be permanent. I thought it was going to be an overlay thing, like Seasons of the Force. I'm actually not happy with how much Pixar is taking over both parks.

I haven't been able to ride Screamin' in at least 4 years. Guess I better go on it soon if I want to ride it in its current incarnation.

olegc
11-03-2017, 05:01 PM
For some reason, I hadn't thought that the Pixar makeover was going to be permanent. I thought it was going to be an overlay thing, like Seasons of the Force. I'm actually not happy with how much Pixar is taking over both parks.

I haven't been able to ride Screamin' in at least 4 years. Guess I better go on it soon if I want to ride it in its current incarnation.I don't think u r alone. Because the Disneyland effort is temporary, and it was announced at the same time as Pixar Pier, most believe the DCA effort is temporary.

Berry Princess
11-03-2017, 05:10 PM

I haven't been able to ride Screamin' in at least 4 years. Guess I better go on it soon if I want to ride it in its current incarnation.

It seemed the way it was worded the first go around was making it sound that way so I can see how many assumed it.

My 15 yr old and his friend are a bit bummed about this. I told my son and he sent his friend a text. Which the reply back was a crying face. LOL So they have plans to ride it as much as they can before it closes for this retheme.

Tinker44
11-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Count me in with those who thought it would be "temporary". I can see the 'why' of it all, but I will be SO sad to see California Screamin' changed forever. I mean the ride itself will be physically unchanged, but the music and NPH's energetic launch phrases will be sorely missed. I'm glad I have the soundtrack to cling to!

Interesting that they did not mention the re-theming of the Triton Carousel since its smack dab in the middle of the neighbourhood... which begs the question of what, exactly, the theme will be for the restaurant/bar. And since Ariel's Grotto / Cove Bar will be "permanently transformed", what will they do about offering a Princess Meal (one of the most popular Character Dining options). Will it become a Pixar Character Meal option instead? I can see that working, somehow... but only if the Princess Meal gets relocated. I suspect they will have a permanent home in whatever restaurant they establish inside the 4D Hotel.

Please no more spinners! Especially in that corner of DCA with Silly Symphony and Golden Zephyr in close proximity. And is anyone else surprised that considering how long Goofy's Sky School has been down, that they didn't add it into the re-theming mix (so to speak)?

So any bets on whether or not Paradise Pier Hotel becomes a Pixar-themed hotel? And will they wait until the new 4D hotel is open?

I'm relieved that all these changes won't begin until after our magical vacation in a few weeks, so we can soak up all the little details that we love about Paradise Pier. And hubby will get his chance to dine at Ariel's (something he hasn't done since 2005... maybe if he'd TOLD me how much he wanted to go there, we would have scheduled it during one of our last 2 trips instead of multiple visits to Goofy's!). We're also making a point of taking the kids to Rainforest Cafe and Build-A-Bear one last time before they too are gone from DLR (at least in their current forms).

I'm grateful that we will miss the vast majority of what looks to be like a massive amount of construction at the DLR over the next few years. At least Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge was more or less "behind the berm". But with the new parking structure, the 4D hotel and now all the changes to Paradise Pier... that's a heck of a lot going on in a fairly tight space!

candles71
11-03-2017, 08:51 PM
The Princess meal is the thing I see the most complaints or questions about on any of the FB posts about this change.

Berry Princess
11-03-2017, 09:50 PM
Yes what about the Triton Carousel? Nothing on that at all. It was a bit odd. Did they mention four "neighborhoods"? I only am seeing 3...or did I skip over it? And I agree they will have to move the Princess meal to another location. It would be a big loss if they don't. I think many are assuming that Paradise Pier will be changed to some Pixar theme but I haven't seen any proof of that at this point. Its just people assuming things. Which I wonder if they did change it like that if they would up the price more because of it...

olegc
11-04-2017, 04:25 AM
In the picture the carousel has an Incredibles color scheme on the top so it appears the plan is to incorporate it into the area (neighborhood). It also looks like there is some sort of scrim most of the way around it. Maybe it's another shop.

-___-

Berry Princess
11-04-2017, 08:49 AM
In the picture the carousel has an Incredibles color scheme on the top so it appears the plan is to incorporate it into the area (neighborhood). It also looks like there is some sort of scrim most of the way around it. Maybe it's another shop.

-___-

It was asked about on the blog and I saw one answer towards a comment about more info would be coming and nothing more. Another comment on there was someone saying it looked like it was a shop. Which would be a shame if that is what it ends up becoming.

sjhanksaz
11-04-2017, 02:25 PM
This is kind of a bummer for our trip in late Jan. I think Pirates is going to be closed too for it's auction changeroo

Berry Princess
11-04-2017, 02:36 PM
This is kind of a bummer for our trip in late Jan. I think Pirates is going to be closed too for it's auction changeroo

From what I saw on the blog post, there are plenty not happy about it for reasons like this. Some were asking why Disney waited so long to announce dates like this since they would have to plan last minute trips or couldn't at all do that. I forgot about the Pirates closure as well. SMH

binki
11-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Screamin is one of our favorite rides. We were thinking about going the last weekend it is open and just riding it over and over. I don't know how many I could do but 100 is a nice round number. Thinking about Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

newhdplayer
11-05-2017, 05:18 PM
I hear they are putting in a loop

xezat
11-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Man I dunno, anymore changes and they're going to have to come up with a different name to rebrand the park with too as it's losing more of that, well, California vibe to it?

Berry Princess
11-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Man I dunno, anymore changes and they're going to have to come up with a different name to rebrand the park with too as it's losing more of that, well, California vibe to it?

Agree. Its going to have to drop the California and just become Disney Adventure at this rate or Marvar (or Pixel?) Adventure. LOL Its kind of sad to see this happen too.

Janis and Aaron
11-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Agree. Its going to have to drop the California and just become Disney Adventure at this rate or Marvar (or Pixel?) Adventure. LOL Its kind of sad to see this happen too.

When it first opened, I assumed they named it "California Adventure" because it was a Disney adventure park in CA. Then we went to it and found that they were basically advertising CA to Californians. For a park that attracts soooo many locals, it seemed odd.

Berry Princess
11-06-2017, 08:11 PM
When it first opened, I assumed they named it "California Adventure" because it was a Disney adventure park in CA. Then we went to it and found that they were basically advertising CA to Californians. For a park that attracts soooo many locals, it seemed odd.

LOL I have seen some comments over the last year or so where some have said similar that they feel it could keep the California because it is in California. Yet when there was so many themes of the state to go with it then it starts to feel like the name should be changed. Even if its just dropping the Cali from the name. Yet I have appreciated the little bits of Cali it gave in the park. I never felt that it was trying to "advertise" the state to me. I actually love the way they had redone the area for Grizzly Peak. Adding the little touches when looked at closely for Parent Trap (a favorite movie of mine) and the signs just like the mountains have and all. While I still live here and not far from all these things, I have memories of going up to Angeles Crest with my family as a kid a lot. As well as spending time at the Santa Monica Pier with my Grandparents. Driving through parts of Hollywood to go visit my Great Aunt that lived down the street from the old Tower Records store or to go pick up my mom's friend on the way to Disneyland. Then there is the fact that I grew up in Burbank so Buena Vista means something to me there for many different personal reasons to me. So for me it was almost a way to remind me of many places from my life growing up here and some great memories.