PDA

View Full Version : I spoke with a GC CM about SAC

BJW
02-02-2004, 10:44 PM
I spoke with a guest communications cast member last week about SAC because of the bad experiences that I had with the system and the confusion surrounding the policies. Here's the latest I was able to gather:

City Hall CMs have the ultimate authority in who gets what kind of assistance and who may have a SAC.

The issue is not the specifics of your illness or how much you can endure. It is what your illness is and what kind of assistance you need. For example, if you need to take medication every 30 minutes you can't very well stand in a 90 minute line.

The system changes on a day to day basis. For instance, if the average line in the park is 10 to 20 minutes not many passes will be issued because most can stand that long. However, if the average line is 60 to 90 minutes then many more passes will be issued.

Endurance issues are not taken into account, only accomodation issues. Simply tiring out in line is not reason enough to get a pass, but needing special accomodations (whatever that means) is. Guests must maneuver through regular ques unless special needs are noted on the pass in black by a code used by city hall CMs. For example, "w" means wheelchair, meaning guest can maneuver through wheelchair accessible ques and only needs assistance where a wheelchair can't get through.

The system is still in a trial run and is being modified on a day to day basis. The CM admitted to me that even she was in the dark about some modifications that had been made to the policy. I spoke with her on the phone. She was very nice and said that all of my complaints (posted on the new SAP policy thread) would be forwarded to the appropriate managers that make the policy changes. She told me the important thing is to always be specific when letting CMs know any problems you have or assistance you may need. I hope this helps. Can anyone else share any new developments?