PDA

View Full Version : "I'm going back to Disneyland!"

Morrigoon
02-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Surprised there isn't a thread on this yet. Just saw the "I'm going to DL" post-superbowl commercial. I'm pleased to note that he did say "Disneyland", not wdw :)

Yay Disney!

JeffG
02-02-2004, 09:16 PM
They always record two versions of the commercial. West coast feeds get the Disneyland version and East coast feeds get the WDW version. Typically, they use the WDW version for cable networks that only have a single feed.

The only exception to this that I know of was when the Angels won the World Series. Due to the team's home city, they did use the Disneyland version everywhere.

-Jeff

Morrigoon
02-02-2004, 10:06 PM
I tell ya, DL gets no respect...

stan4d_steph
02-03-2004, 05:47 AM
Here in New York, we are getting the "I'm going back to Disney World! Woooo!" version. It makes sense. People on this coast are more likely to go to WDW.

SacTown Chronic
02-03-2004, 05:49 AM
The footage on the news showed him at WDW.

Loric
02-03-2004, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by SacTown Chronic
The footage on the news showed him at WDW.

They goto DWorld and do the daytime parade as marshals the very next day - same thing every year - and they record two versions of the commercials.

Rallymonkey23
02-03-2004, 09:53 AM
Yesterday I saw the commecial for DL. This morning I saw the commercial for WDW. Looks like we get both of them here. :p

dsnylndmom
02-03-2004, 12:13 PM
Yesterday I saw the commecial for DL. This morning I saw the commercial for WDW. Looks like we get both of them here

Yeah we get them both here because my 9 year old saw the DL one and I saw the WDW one and we actually argued with each other over what he said at the end(DL or WDW)yes I'm immature enough to argue with a 9 year old! :p

mamabot
02-03-2004, 01:15 PM
When my Aunt & Uncle went to WDW, they stayed on the same floor as Joe Sakic from the Colorado Avalanche. This was the summer immediately following the Avs winning the cup in 2001.

I always assumed that it was part of the post-championship commercial.

Mickeyslittlehelper
02-03-2004, 02:53 PM
I have only seen the commercial once, and its Disneyland (we live in western Canada). It made me so happy. :D

disneydreams
02-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Saw it once and it was this morning...1 AM ('round that time) on the Disney Channel.

it was the WDW version...and I live on the west coast.

I wanna see the DL version too :)

olegc
02-03-2004, 06:50 PM
If you really, really, really have to see both just so you don't feel slighted by the company here is the online link for both..

http://disney.go.com/destinations/features/whatsnext/index.html

Sheesh!!