PDA

View Full Version : We're not just getting rides...

MonorailMan
02-02-2004, 07:53 PM
So, at my last meet, we were walking out of Tomorrowland (the best feeling in the park :~D ), and I spotted this little jewel:

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Hastin-wdw1.jpg

Can you imagine that phone call...

"Yes, could you please FedEx over some meter covers?" :D

JCLowesman
02-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Sneak up on one of the swans in the castle moat and lift it quickly. You'll find it's really an alligator in disguise!

It's all an evil plot to slowly absorb California into Florida in order for Jeb Bush to follow his brother into the Presidency by increasing the electoral votes available to him.

The Democratic Party has tapes proving this and that is why they have secretly allowed Arnold to become the gov. of California,. Although he professes to be a Republican, it is just a clever disguise he is using while he creates an android army out of left over AA parts from the Country Bears to fight off this terrible menace

Hopefully, this clarifies the mystery for you, as I wouldn't want. . .hey. . .you there, put down that net! I did NOT skip my meds tonight. . .no, don't make me sing that song again. . .ARRRRRGGGGGG. . ."It's a world of laughter, a world of tears. It's a world of hopes. . . .:fez:

Morrigoon
02-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Oh man... bwahahahahahah!

Cadaverous Pallor
02-02-2004, 08:49 PM
Too funny, MM! Nice catch. :D

Not Afraid
02-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by JCLowesman
Sneak up on one of the swans in the castle moat and lift it quickly. You'll find it's really an alligator in disguise!

STOP! PUT DOWN THE SWAN AND WALK SLOWLY WAY.

:~D

JCLowesman
02-02-2004, 09:14 PM
But it's such a pretty swan. So soft and warm. . .no. . .not the needle again. . . mmmph. . . "drink up, me hearties yo ho. . .:geek:

NirvanaMan
02-02-2004, 10:25 PM
Bob, the ninja monkey, will take care of that swan problem.

BJW
02-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Doesn't this seem like a huge budget waste? Why not just order new ones instead of paying the outrageous charges to fly them over from Florida?

Loric
02-03-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by BJW
Doesn't this seem like a huge budget waste? Why not just order new ones instead of paying the outrageous charges to fly them over from Florida?

2 possible reasons..

They're mass produced, and WDW has a heck of a lot more of them so the main "order" at any place would be for WDW stamped ones, and DL just happened to need a few.

Or, that's an "old" one from WDW that rather than being thrown away was sent to Anaheim to keep their costs down.

I'm betting its the first reason - WDW itself is full of "cross park" utility pieces.

For example, when a automated door system at Epcot breaks down and they need a new motor/gear for say, one of the pre-show doors at Test Track, they cannibalized one of the exit doors at the Universe of Energy - picking the "least used" of the row of doors. Well, eventually Energy complains about "show-quality" and their door is fixed and replaced with the motor from one of the wheelchair access doors at Spaceship Earth's global neighborhood. So, the barely used wheelchair door (since there is an alternate) sits and waits for the new part on order to arrive.

Strangely enough, that's not a "theorhetical" situation either.

So, seeing as how most pieces for Disney are fabriacted at WDW's central shops, there's a good chance that they just shipped out new covers to DL without thinking anything of the "WDW" label.

RStar
02-03-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by NirvanaMan
Bob, the ninja monkey, will take care of that swan problem.

I will???;)

Is it possible that the WDW doesn't stand for Walt Disney World?
Like maybe Walt Disney Water or something? I'll check with my plummer friend there to see if he knows anything about such things.

~Bob

mamabot
02-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Maybe it is the secret portal from DL to WDW.

We now need to form a team to track down the portals to the other Disney Theme Parks. :D

Sounds like a meet to me. :fez:

sediment
02-03-2004, 09:15 AM
It's a very rare item, and it probably will have been stolen next time you go: "Westcot Department of Water."

scaeagles
02-03-2004, 09:52 AM
If you look at the photo, you'll see that it was taken upside down. Look at the writing elsewhere (Brooks, for example, at the top of the photo as displayed). This is obviously a tribute to somebody's mother. So lay off them, OK?

MonorailMan
02-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Ahh, but what if the cover was put in upside down, humm....

(Is there even a right way to put a cover on? As long as the tops on the top!) :) :~D

Demigod121
02-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Ya know, that whole swan thing smacks of a...

VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY!

(ok, ok...so it was awful...I'm sorry...no, really....NOT!) :~D

-Demigod

wendybeth
02-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Could be worse- it could say " property of Six Flags MM".....:rolleyes:

DisneyFan25863
02-04-2004, 08:20 PM
I actually looked at the covers at my school today. They had the same WDW. Could it be a model number or something?

danyoung
02-05-2004, 06:32 AM
I don't have a clue if this applies, but I thought I'd post it. If you go to www.wdw.com you come to Werner Design Works, a company that has something to do with construction. Coincidence? You be the judge.

dude
02-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Covers like that near where I live have WDW on them too. I have seen that even at Knotts. Therefore, I do not think that the WDW means Walt Disney World. Of course that doesn't mean that it didn't come from Florida....

mamabot
02-05-2004, 11:23 AM
Ok, I put a call into my water engineer husband. His best guess with the description I gave him him of the "WDW" cover is that it is more than likely for irrigation. He said that it could be a route to a waste water line or, if it is near a landscaped area, either sprinklers or reclaimed water.

Hope this helps.

BTW: I am still holding on to my original theory of it being a portal to the resort in Florida. ;)