PDA

View Full Version : Blue Fairy in Pinocchio's Daring Journey

Werner
02-02-2004, 02:26 PM
Every time I'm in there and pass by the scene where Pinocchio turns into a real boy, I kind of see some sparkling from what should be the fairy, but I never see her -- until I crane around as we're leaving the room and then I can see her fully. Isn't she supposed to be visible at first when you come into the room and then disappear? Just wonderin'.....

daannzzz
02-02-2004, 02:45 PM
I remember when Pinnichio first opened and that effect was bright and clear. She has faded away over the years.

Morrigoon
02-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Judging by the way I believe the effect is supposed to work, I'd suggest perhaps a critical bulb is burnt out?

daannzzz
02-02-2004, 02:51 PM
It was great when you first go through the door and see her (unless you are distracted and miss her as she disappears fairly quickly) and she fades into pixie dust. As you pass by the bed if you look down on the floor you can still see some pixie dust sparkling though that also has faded over the years.

Morrigoon
02-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Hmm... perhaps a slight update of fibre optic effects is needed? (Haven't been on Pinocchio in many months, so bear with me as I'm operating off memory here).

Tigertail777
02-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Evidentally this has not been working for quite some time... when we went on our trip in July of 2002, it was barely visable. That would have been really neat to see, because I felt pinnochio was a somewhat lackluster ride (the added fiberoptic fireworks on the pleasure island sequence were really nifty though).

As I understand it, the effect is pretty much the same as the Haunted Mansion ballroom... using a peppers ghost illusion? If this is true, then as Morigoon said.. its really little more than either a burned out light bulb, a timing issue, or the glass needs cleaning (or perhaps all 3).

If its just a lightbulb I find that incredibly sad, that would mean the light really has needed replacing for almost 2 years now.:rolleyes:

zapppop
02-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Pinocchio is closed for the month for a refurb so maybe the effect will be working properly when it reopens. I get a kick out of how the ride ends. When the ride is over, if you look closely at Pinocchio, you'll notice he's still a puppet instead of a real little boy.

mikala
02-02-2004, 04:34 PM
How weird. Even in May 2003, and in October 2003 I was able to see her when entering the room. But as someone else says, she fades quickly. It is such a cool ride....

Cadaverous Pallor
02-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
When the ride is over, if you look closely at Pinocchio, you'll notice he's still a puppet instead of a real little boy. That's ok - Gepetto is still a "puppet" too. ;)

Ghoulish Delight
02-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Hmm... perhaps a slight update of fibre optic effects is needed? (Haven't been on Pinocchio in many months, so bear with me as I'm operating off memory here). The fiber optic bit is working fine. It's the Pepper's Ghost effect that has been hard to see lately.

Sophie832
02-02-2004, 08:23 PM
I remember hearing a story a while back...where a kid jumped out of the ride vehicle, and ran towards the Blue Fairy, only to smack right into the pane of glass. Where did I hear that? Here? I love the ride to death, but that's just a funny visual...ok, and a little sad.

DopeyWife
02-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
I get a kick out of how the ride ends. When the ride is over, if you look closely at Pinocchio, you'll notice he's still a puppet instead of a real little boy.

I've always noticed this! He's supposed to be a "real" boy at the end, and not still made out of wood. Did the people who made the ride mess up?

disneydreams
02-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by DopeyWife
Did the people who made the ride mess up?

They probably did mess up. Jeez, when I first saw that, "what..the heck?" I think it's funny. I don't think anyone really notices it though, mom doesn't even know notice (too busy looking at the clocks). :D

Wooden suppose-to-be-real Pinocchio (http://www.mouseinfo.com/disneylandresort/disneyland/fantasyland/attractions/pinocchio/photos/DSC01391.jpg)
photo by MI

but it's very clear though, hence the hinges (joints) and block-shaped legs and arms, and sorta flat feet...

:fez: