PDA

View Full Version : 2fer on 2fer's

Moonliner
02-02-2004, 08:46 AM
Two quick questions on 2fer tickets:

1. Can you burn up your pass and visit both parks on the same day?

2. Can a CA resident purchase them for himself and an out of state heathen or do ALL users of the 2fer pass have to be from CA?

Thanks.

EandCDad
02-02-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Steve0
Two quick questions on 2fer tickets:

1. Can you burn up your pass and visit both parks on the same day?

2. Can a CA resident purchase them for himself and an out of state heathen or do ALL users of the 2fer pass have to be from CA?

Thanks.

1. Yes, but you can't park hop. If you leave one park and go into the other, you can't go back to the first one.

2. There has been no indication that I've seen that they check the id's of everyone in the party, just the purchaser, and the purchaser can buy up to 5 passes.

danyoung
02-02-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by EandCDad
1. Yes, but you can't park hop. If you leave one park and go into the other, you can't go back to the first one.

This is odd. I know you can't park hop when using one of the tickets for one day. But if you're actually using 2 paid admissions, doesn't that give you the full rights of two parks? Or do I not understand this 2fer pass?

mamabot
02-02-2004, 09:21 AM
My brother did the 2fer pass in February 2003 and was able to hop from DL to DCA and back to DL again without any problems.

EandCDad
02-02-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by danyoung
This is odd.

Based on your post I went back to where I thought I had read that you couldn't park hop. Of course, it doesn't say anything of the sort, so I'd like to change my answer to question number one to:

Yes.

Moonliner
02-02-2004, 10:10 AM
OK, so based on all your comments it looks like:

A 2fer pass = A 1-Day Park Hopper Pass

Which is just what I was looking for.

Thanks All.

Ghoulish Delight
02-02-2004, 02:24 PM
I will confirm, that yes, it can act as a 1-day park hopper. Of course, if you do that, you'll get to hear CM's remind you about a hundred times that it means you can't come back a second day. They are very concerned about people getting the wrong idea, trying to use it as a 2-day park hopper, so they are sure to be VERY clear that going to both parks uses up your second day.

Saratoga75
02-02-2004, 04:18 PM
SteveO. . . yes CA residents can purchase the tickets for out of state relative. . though i dont know if that is the policy of Disney. . when i was purchasing group tickets for myself, friends and family from california and other states never had a problem. . i was the only one asked to show my ID when i purchased the tickets. .never seen them check ID's at the gates to verify every resident. . it would just take to much time.

jerhow
02-02-2004, 04:32 PM
When I went this past Sunday, I was told that I could not use my 2fer to enter both parks on the same day - that I had to return another day within the 30-day time limit to go to the other park.

Cadaverous Pallor
02-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by jerhow
When I went this past Sunday, I was told that I could not use my 2fer to enter both parks on the same day - that I had to return another day within the 30-day time limit to go to the other park. <rant derail>This is one of my all-time-greatest pet peeves. When employees of any company can't get the policies straight! AUGH! </rant derail>

Moonliner
02-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Ya spins the wheel ya takes your chances...

I'll go for the 1-Day park hopper/2fer. If it works then I get to see some of DCA, if not nothing lost. But it does seem like it's an if at first you don't succeed try again type of thing...

Sooo how many entrances to DCA are there??? :)

MonorailMan
02-02-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Steve0
Sooo how many entrances to DCA are there??? :)

It's seems that the entances at DCA have done a 2fer. ;)

There's the main gate, and one that connects off of the GCH, that is suppose to be "hotel guests only", but never is.

Then there's that 3rd funky one, that is the speical PPH hotel one, that you can go out, but not in. (Unless you wait for a hotel guest.) :) :~D