PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror (Imagineering thread)

DisneyFreak2000
10-05-2001, 09:18 PM
What would you do to make the ToT improved out here on the West Coast as if you were an imagineer? How would you make it fit in better? I would drop the fifth dimension and like the original plans for ToT guests could get out of the elevator and walk through the fifth dimension. When reaching that floor, the elevator would stop and the guests would get out and walk through corridors themed as if they were the fifth dimension. That would make the ride different than in WDW. Then when guests were ready, they would reboard the elevators where lightning would strike, the cables would break and you'd fall back to the ground. I know it'll never happen but we can dream.

Nigel2
10-05-2001, 09:45 PM
If it there was a possilbe way to do this safely I would pad the hell out of the floor and celing of the elevaor and make them stand, but physics would probably kill them anyway. I would alter the elevator cars and when they "crash" the cars would crunch a little.

coronamouseman
10-06-2001, 06:47 AM
My son came up with a good one:

1. Right now, after the drop sequence finishes, the doors open
and an attendant is there to unload the elevator car
2. What if the doors opened but the attendant was actually an
audioanimatronic figure and then the elevator dropped suddenly another 20-30 feet where it finally reached the unloading area?
3. Even better if this was random .......

CaliforniaCrazy
10-06-2001, 06:50 AM
Or better yet, what if the audio-animatronic figure was none other than Rod Serling himself? That would totally rock!

Nigel2
10-06-2001, 10:17 PM
How about it exiting into the hotel, but have it look like it was working as normal, possibly have some CM's that go arround as guests in the hotel. Or even make it like the movie with it going to a club.

rexfarms
10-06-2001, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
How about it exiting into the hotel, but have it look like it was working as normal, possibly have some CM's that go arround as guests in the hotel. Or even make it like the movie with it going to a club.

The club thing is a good idea. What was the name of the club again?

Nigel2
10-07-2001, 12:11 AM
The tip top club. If I rember correctly they started to plumit in the movie, but it ended with them at the top.

rexfarms
10-07-2001, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
The tip top club. If I rember correctly they started to plumit in the movie, but it ended with them at the top.

Thanks

MonorailMan
10-07-2001, 07:46 PM
Here's An Idea:

Do it in true elevator breakdown style.

1. As lightning hits elevtor all lites go dim execpt for a "Emergency" light.
2. A voice says 'Hold On A Sec", Or something of the like.
3. Suddenly the elevator plumets, an a random time. (Like After The Voice It Drop In 10 Sec, 30 Sec, 2 Min, Etc...)
4. Then coronamouseman's idea.

DisneyFreak2000
10-07-2001, 08:39 PM
Great ideas, especially the AA figure idea. Keep them coming!!!

Nigel2
10-08-2001, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Here's An Idea:

Do it in true elevator breakdown style.

1. As lightning hits elevtor all lites go dim execpt for a "Emergency" light.
2. A voice says 'Hold On A Sec", Or something of the like.

I don't know if the elevator had emergency lights (remember the era that the elevator was last used in. And who would say Hold on? Isn't the hotel suppoesd to be abandoned anyway? And I don't think there were speakers in the car. Hey make it really scary, play MUSAK MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA. If the ride had a longer time frame they could have a muffled speaker from above to make it sound like a worker was trying to fix the problem mabey a few thumps. But then what would happen to the worker when the car falls?

Morrigoon
10-08-2001, 10:02 PM
But then what would happen to the worker when the car falls?

Hey, they built Alien Encounter, didnt they? ;)

Nigel2
10-08-2001, 10:09 PM
good point:D I will have mine deep fried with a side of honey mustard:D

MonorailMan
10-09-2001, 04:47 AM
Ok, your right strike the "Voice" idea, but there was an emergency light in that era of elevators. So, keep the light(which was most commonly red), but instead of a voice, have an AA elevator "operator", that would look normal when you got on, but when you got to the top (5th D.), he looked all weird ugly and strange, at this time the rides are focused on the "operator", and are rally scared when it starts falling.